250 gold for a .5 chance of a legend. What a joke this game is becoming. Greed

scott1x2xscott1x2x Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
The greed of GLU is showing its horns 

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Im ok with 250 gold for .5 chance I mean sure we’d all like to see better odds.... but the odds aren’t the problem for me it’s the minuscule amount pxp/lxp in the box. Ridiculous greed. 
    Im not looking for a pity party..  but how bout a pity timer 😉
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @CanadaCubs So many whiners on this forum lol.  "They're greedy!"  Nah, it's just the way the world is.  "Someone disagreed with me?!?  You're the worst kind of human!"  Who cares?!?  Get over it folks.
    Just no.  
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I agree with ya'll, that is what makes if fun (kinda) is opening that box and just knowing it's the player you're wanting! So you buy again and again! It's like playing a scratch off lottery ticket!! "I'll win big on the next one"!
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Like playing the lottery except win you win you don’t get money but you still spent it lol
    regardless I hate when ppl complain about this.

They advertise the odd. You know the odds. They are crap odds but if you don’t like it, move along and don’t spend. Thankfully for glu, and for capitalism , if people want it, even if it is a hypothetical video game picture, they’ll spend. Glus prerogative to take advantage and if ppl are dumb enough to spend on it, that’s on them. So not necessary to spend money to get primes so eventually will be the same w legends. But spending gives these upgrades sooner
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I think the ppl that whine about glu being greedy and the odds and how unfair it is are snowflakes!
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    If your post said 1100 gold (POTW) for a 0.5% chance, then we might be on to something but as is nope . People think that just because you buy a box you get a player.   remember these odds are out of 1000 not 10 or even 50.  so if you think just because I open 10 boxes I should have 2-3 players (250 odds) when done then you are wrong.  You are still lucky if you get 1 player.  What sucks is when you do open 10 boxes and do not get anything but another guy opens only 6 and gets 3 players.  Still if you don't like the odds don't pay for the boxes just pay for the player out right in specials.

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    the forums are getting dark.....
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    The box is loaded with primes. Whats the problem.  Do you not remember how hard it was to get a legend last year. Seems just fine to me
  • 2430Blue2430Blue Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Freedom of speech. Everyone has something to whine about!!!
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I reserve my right to bitch and complain when I don't get the player I want at the price I want to spend. But I only get to do that by accepting the (posted and visible) odds of the boxes I'm buying. 

This isn't a freedom of speech issue. It is, however, a public forum, requiring very little to sign up for and maintain in good status an account allowing us to post our complaints, praises, jokes, anecdotes, arguments about Tim Tebow about five years too late and all those Disagree buttons. 

A lack of organized policing brings out the Neighborhood Watch. Fortunately, we aren't a group armed with weapons looking to take down those among us who wander around in hoodies, but we will call out those opinions, not stifle them, regarding the simple concept of consumerism. Calling Glu "greedy" for selling a very cheap box (in comparison to the price of what they usually offer) with lower odds is missing the fact it's half the price for half the odds of a normal 500g box at 1 percent. And why does Glu have horns? 

tl;dr Half the odds at half the price isn't a leap into Greedy Land. 
  • JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    Dang guys. Y’all are tough. Reading all this. I don’t have to watch tv. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Some people love having that elusive carrot to chase while others want that same carrot to be more reasonable to acquire. Personally, I like the idea of a chase player and I don't want him to be a dime a dozen either. Maybe it's silly, but I find value in having guys that aren't on every other team. Preference aside, I disagree with OP's stance if he is suggesting that the box in question is a new direction GLU is taking. .5% @ 250g a box is still better than last year's odds for legends(2.5% @ 2k a box, 2.5% at 3k a box for ATGs, .5% @ 1k a box for ATGs, etc. etc.).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    This is the most active "Disagree" thread of all time. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @DFBB I like the elusive player to chase as well, but usually when the next best guys are a little easier to get (and level) so it doesn't feel like a huge waste/let down. An "I didn't get the guy(s) I wanted, but the one(s) I got are still pretty darn good" type of feeling.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    The only thing I hate has nothing to do with the crap odds. Yes, I know I am not alone wishing they would be a LITTLE better towards the player but like @DFBB said I like the chase too if it is someone I really want. What I HATE is the new norm of releasing players in the wrong position and then retroactively fixing it. This is fine IF you don't adjust your roster because the new guy is an upgrade at that position. I personally got bit with the Petit mistake as he was going to be the final 350 max pitcher for my rotation. Dumped a 310 max to get his bxp to level up and then OOPS he isn't a SP. So now I have a scrub 250sp in my five slot because I got glu'ed. #CheckYourPlayerPositionBeforeDumpingANYONE

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @KSMETS I actually had a lengthy discussion on that topic in SF and even after I got back. Trust me, it's just as frustrating for them to deal with those issues too. There are countless tickets(rightfully so) to address something that really shouldn't be an issue. I was told that they process in which those things are handled will be changed. Here's hoping. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I for one would not mind the option to outright buy a legend (debateable on what price point) like you can with mookie
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Wagagagagaga last year they had this guy in vip subscription for 49.99 I bought him the day he came out and was a beast for me almost all year. I’m sure they will do something similar this year. I’m definitely a buyer if they do...😬 Glu are your ears 👂 on? $ Lol 
    Edit: I absolutely will not spend 100$ on a legend or any other player ever 49.99 is fair price Imo. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Personally, I hate snowflakes. However, I also believe the odds are rediculous. People get blasted for saying that. Still...the odds are crap.  

I don't think anyone here, pro or con, just expects a player.  If someone can open 50 boxes and be happy with 2 "free" players, that's great. When I open 15 and have a tiny amount of legend xp to show for it, there's something about that that strikes me as being a bit greedy. 

There are too many players in the boxes yet it's so hard to actually get one.

I'm 100% for capitalism. I hate participation trophies. Safe places are absolutely asinine. 

Glu just keeps pushing the envelope trying to find out how much people will take before they start losing money.

All of that being said, this exact thing happened last year at about this time.  I still played everyday all winter long. I get a kick outta this game. Though there are definitely things Glu can do to keep this fun AND make serious money from a product none of us will ever physically hold. 

😃
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Cooz19
    I like how you slid in the Tebow comment...that was smooth 👊 🤣
  • 2430Blue2430Blue Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Would love the option of buying other players for gold or money. I’m sure it wouldn’t be cheap but should be an option. Or trade players for others also. 
  • tlisak25tlisak25 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I pulled 3 legends first week n junk ever since 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    I love the 250 box personally it's the only one I can afford lol Got Bernie Williams a few weeks ago
  • Dc3085Dc3085 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    This game was fun, now its become greed fueled and no longer fun to play!
    Walk off event is garbage now to, gives a prime guy for reward yesterday but no pxp in site. Glu is a scam and driven by greed and quarterly profits. Run from this pay to play scam!
    Oh believe me I'm done playing. If you want me to explain all the screw ups lost players, gold, time and ofcourse money Glu has scammed me out if we will be here all day. 
    Obviously no one is forcing me to play or to spend money but if you want to be at all competitive you have to spend. I buy the feild pass and my points dont get added retroactively, the CvsC amounts are insane for milestone rewards, box descriptions are constantly changing during the events, mystery box guarantee is always changing ....... games rigged for us to accidentally spend our gold by strategically placing purchase buttons to increase accidental purchases...........should I go on