Schoop with double late innings skills, right handed bat, 1 higher contact 

Comments

• marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    And power according to the multiplier 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Double late innings for the always active on WOH
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I wouldn't invest a lot into Schoop, unless he is going to be a finisher for you in woh.  Skills are great, but Scooter is a lefty, and already leveled.  Probably wiser to save the resources, especially if you are looking to move up soon.
    @Tdub71 damn you’re always right 😂 you save me a lot of bxp lil
    @BlackFang4 true but I have Yandy Diaz double WOH and Carlos Santana LHP skill for lefties

I invested way too much into kikuchi lmaoo but Petit has a really high stuff rating, I have a 350 elfin maybe I can replace him? 
    @marcoslo, I will say that late-inning is my personal favorite skill, and it would be a tough call for me too. 

If you are camping at your current level for a while, you might as well level him.

But if you are moving up soon, you will be better served using the resources on a player next weekend that will be at least as good ..
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I wouldn't touch Petit. I capped him with the understanding he will probably be "updated" soon as a reliever, but I didn't think of the ratings and skills changing as a part of that probable "update."
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols is right.  Petit is clearly a reliever.  I am actually very surprised they haven't "fixed" it already...

I doubt they adjust the ratings or skills, though.  That is pretty much in line with the top-end 350 bxp relievers so far.

@marcoslo, I would not invest much in him, unless you have a glaring bullpen need.
    Alcantara has nearly identical stats to Petit, CC has the best arm of the three. I suppose they COULD keep Petit as a starter, it just wouldn't make much sense (right in line with Glu?)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yeah you guys are right, I won’t upgrade Schoop, I might upgrade Petit bc only my closer is at 350, everyone else is awful so having two guys would be nice. 
    The skills are nice but I’ll get them to bronze 10 for the points this weekend
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    My opinion is that Pettite is a starter because that is what he was in Little League, since that's what the box about.  Just my 2 cents
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Scooter will do considerably better in non WoH modes. If you're only concerned with WoH, it comes down to team needs. 
    As far as Petit, I sent in a ticket, but I'm not sure how they will handle it. If he's  changed to a reliever and the ratings don't change, he'd be by far, the best bxp reliever released thus far. If he gets the MR or LR tag, he'd be even more valuable. If he's left as is, he's still a very good bxp pitcher. Fwiw, his bonus points suggest that he should be a reliever and they simply made an error.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I'm capping Petit regardless this weekend whether he remains a starter or ends up nerfed slightly as reliever, doesn't matter. Still cheaper than capping a non-bonus SP or SR already on my squad AND I don't need to trade anyone in to do it.
    @dustyhunks very true if you have a need at both spots. I do, so I ended up bringing CC up as far as I could get him just in case Petit needs to be moved. Either I have 2 upgrades at SP, or I'll have one upgrade at SP and a huge upgrade in the relief department. Works for me 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    I am o lu upgrading Petit if he becomes a reliever, not touching Schoop as Gennet fits my team better 

Should Bellinger replace Pence? Maybe even Yelich? I’m still silver, I have about 230k prime, I’m very close to moving to gold I need another 80 bxp. I think Bellinger being 420 makes him great. I won’t be able to upgrade my keeper Ichiro right away, so I can move Pence back if I want a quick upgrade at gold. 
    Main question: should I upgrade Bellinger? His skills aren’t the greatest but he’s 420 overall.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @marcoslo I always try to answer that question by saying if I’m asking myself if I should level a player I probably shouldn’t. Wait for that absolutely no questions asked  I’m leveling this guy! It’s tough regardless sometimes 😐
    Also depends on the rate at which u acquire players. How soon do u think u will replace him?  I acquire a lot of players a week so my line up changes a lot. 
    Good luck 🍀 
    Probably not soon I don’t play as much anymore, he’s super raw, lefty. Given that I’ve had Pence for a long while I don’t think my return is pretty fast😂
    I would answer that the same way I answered the Schoop/Scooter question earlier.  Unless he is going to be one of your top 2-3 for woh, I would hold off, if you are looking to move up soon.  His ratings are a step up, bit I am not a fan of the tie-game skill, personally.
    Yeah that’s really the only thing that made me reconsider if I wanted to upgrade him bc that skill is garbage. When I move up to gold, assuming I won’t upgrade my two keepers and ML, he’ll be my top guy. So I think he’s worth it, but I like to ask for opinion just in case I’m wrong 
    Skills are huge, especially for woh.  I would much rather have a 390 or 400 max with double, always active skills, than a 420 with questionable skills 
    I would hang on, and see if you can land a true finisher this week, before investing much into Belli.  If you come up empty, he may be worth it.  For me, his 2 skills are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I love runners-on, but I hate tie-game...
    True, I almost jumped on him bc 420 Prime is rare for me I don’t spend money on the game lol. But my Prime Yelich is what you say, I’ll hope for good boxes this week.
    My Yelich is 380 max, CVC and RHP skill