Box odds still suck

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    So for the math wizards 🧙‍♂️. How many boxes does one have to open to pull a legend with the current odds? I know it’s possible to spend 50k and never pull one I’ve been there many times trust me. I’m just saying based on the current odds what is the number of boxes? 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @CanadaCubs 5/18 sounds about right.  Yeah dudes in my club, which my club is just people I've played with since 17.  They don't spend and rarely spend gold on boxes, but a few of them bought a few boxes and they all got Olsen or Chapman.  Big deal to them of course, but to me it's just meh.
    Just no.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @mythicaldragon posted odds are 10/1,000 = 1 percent. So by those odds, there is one legend in 100 boxes. 

If it helps, the pity timer would mean they'd give you one on your 100th box if you bought 99 of them and didn't get one (that's a very loose example that doesn't factor in a bunch of things, but for the sake of the conversation, it's an easy way to explain it). 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Correct.....also meaning that if a person bought 75 boxes and got a legend they wound up on the “lucky” side of the odds, and if it took 150boxes they would be unlucky but still within reasonable expectations.  That’s why when likenight posts he opens 5-6 boxes and didn’t “hit”, I want to throw a math book at him.  LOL
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
     I was arguing with a former club mate about the odds lol Thanks for clarifying fellas  👍🏻
    Lately I've been pulling the same prime player over and over and it’s usually a 390. Like I can’t even remember but I pulled same prime player last weekend 12x I think. And I’ve opened 10 boxes today pulled Chapman x4. Frustrating 😕 I hope I get some luck tomorrow gonna drop 30k if box is good. 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I didn't pull a legend but I did pull Longoria, Semien, and Olsen. I think that's pretty awesome since I only spent the 2500 gold for fan rewards and opened 6 CVC boxes.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damn pulled Jackson, Clark, and Longoria!!!
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Someone's cheating!!  @whammo911 Nice pulls though.
    Just no.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Now I need to rob a brinks truck so I can level them
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    pulled this on 2nd box! Couldn't lvl much but helped out in bonus games!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Just throwing it out there, note I HATE the odds too, but do we all believe that the odds on legend/prime suck ass so much because their was a vocal outcry to no more bxp players? I'm not assuming the odds would be MUCH higher than they are but even being 10% for a prime/legend player would be better than the current 6%. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @KSMETS It looks like that to me. Almost like a petty reaction from glu.

Oh really? You're going to flood our inbox with complaints about no bxp players? Well here you go, but now we will cut prime odds in half or worse and maintain the pitiful pxp amounts. Teach you to complain!
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    10 Big Dreams boxes all BXP
    4 Veterans boxes all Bxp 
    10 Big Dreams boxes all XP
    8 Veterans boxes all XP 
    18 Young Bucks one Gleyber, rest XP
    13 Big Dreams boxes all XP
    8 Veterans boxes all XP 
    12 Young Bucks one Gleyber
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    @likenight are you on iPhone or Android?
    iPhone. 
    I must be pulling everyone else’s XP boxes so they can get player boxes. Lol
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    @likenight said “Iph....  IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE OR ANDROID!”  Just delete the app and be happier 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @likenight Were all those vets and big dreams boxes opened on one account? 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Yep just mine. Includes free and paid boxes. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I don't understand the new bot. 
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Only spent 2500 today to get the fan rewards, and saved all the big dreams boxes. I pulled a torres then Xp for the rest. 

I seem to only pull bxp players all at the same positions. I know my luck will come though 😂
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
    14 Big Dreams boxes all XP
    8 Veterans boxes all XP 
    18 Young Bucks one Gleyber
    Paid and free boxes
    Thats it for me. 
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Pulled prime Bo from CvC boxes. Not a Legend but it’s a 420 prime! 
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I spent some real cash this weekend and got same lucky: pulled CC Sabathia, Yusmeiro Petit, Jonathan Schoop, Francisco Meija, Luis Arraez, Miguel Cabrera, Joe Votto, and a few others. I only levelled a few of them.

Now is where the fun begins...

I also pulled Bo Bichette, Legend Gary Carter and Legend Ernie Banks. 

I guess great things can happen (at times) if you spend real cash.. lol
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts

Nice.
    I only had 8500 gold to spend so had to rely on free boxes to get what I “got”
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @likenight. I see your luck continues. I got two prime 3 bxp and 1 legend from this weekend and spent 2.5k just for the fan reward.  Just from CvC and free boxes 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Obviously you (bayou) had an unusually good weekend and are apparently trying to push our friend over the proverbial edge.............
    I got a lot of players myself but opened more boxes than I can remember.  Wouldn’t call my weekend lucky........fruitful, but not lucky.....