Options

Trade in or keep?

HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
should I trade in all my 5 star and below players that aren’t specialty? I know they recycle players but it seems to be on specialty and up that would be any use. 
What do y’all do??
I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Trade in all regular 5* or below. 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    First off, congrats on post number 69, and also yes trade in all the 5 star and below players.  They won't be some special bonus player later on in the year, except for getting maybe 3,500 per RBI or hit.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I trade in everything.  Everything.   
  • Options
    HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    @mythicaldragon @bigvivec @FrankTheTank04
    thanks for the advise! I figured they wouldn’t really matter later on! Almost didn’t post so I could keep 69 posts haha
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I used to keep guys in case they are bonus again. But it’s been made apparent that when guys are reused they get crappy points, so not worth it in my opinion. No need to save a guy in case you can get 20k per hit someday imo.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY, i am with you on that.  I purged last weekend.  I hedged though.  Still kept any 400max primes in inactives.  Not enough guts to go all the way.  Lol.
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    So am I the only person who keeps my specialty players from past boxes? 
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I’ve kept a few I think like 8 inactives
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I already traded in all the weekend guys that I pulled.

edit: I should add that it depends on your situation. for me, it didn't make sense to keep them around.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I always like to keep a few around.  I got to critical mass last weekend, and decided to purge.  I traded in all my inactives, except for former POTWs.  That was a huge bxp and pxp boost, and I think I will probably keep the roster leaner going forward.

Only the 3 legends and Verlander would have been starters for me after midnight, and I came up empty in all of them, so I spite-purged the rest of the weekend goons...
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Late Sunday with the impending discounts expiring really lights a fire under me and I trade all I can down to opening 1.5m worth of 4K slugger picks to trade in for bxp..............