Advice from experts!

JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
Ok guys, now that I’ve got some games under my belt I’ve managed to grab some decent players. I’ve taken all of your advice and it’s helped me along the way. I still have a few trouble areas though and need some help. How do you know who to put in to cycle woh? I mean I know to use the guys with the woh skills but I don’t have 10 of them. So out of the other players what skill sets do y’all recommend to be able to cycle at least classic mode?

Comments

• sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Anyone with late innings, double lefty or double righty.  Also, anyone with men on base skill and risp skill.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Look for stackable skill: double rhp, double lhp, double late-inning.  Then combos like one of each of the previous, or rhp/runners-on, runners-on/risp, etc...
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    post your lineup 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @justbowhunt I just tagged you in a thread that I have found really helpful.  It has a lot of great advice.  

But like bayoubengal said, take a screenshot of your lineup and post it on here and the guys on here are always great of suggesting what order they would use players and give advice on where to spend resources.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Just my useless $0.02...it'd be great to have a sticky thread featuring something like "post your lineup." From the advice and direction given, it'd be easy to compile some kind of decision chart on who to bat where based on the experience of those here. Anything I've learned is from people sharing their thoughts in this forum, and I went from flat-out terrible to able to show flashes of mediocrity here and there. 
    he must be rocking it today.... hmmm
  • JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    Sorry for my delay. Work was busy 
    that's tough
    Your best guys skills wise are down in middle to bottom of line up......
  • JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    Thanks. So far I’ve cycled classic twice. It’s just real hard. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Max everyone there and pour some sugar on the skills of everyone Scooter through Goodrum except for Bellinger, then again for Trout and Perez.  Should do decent then.  Make Goodrum your finisher for all levels, capping him and boosting skills to 12/12 -  he’ll do the business from either side of the plate.  Do that and cap the bxp guys first and you’ll start to do better straight away.  
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I've cycled classic so many times I literally have the last four memorized for every level (and I update this in my head when glu changes it). 

I'd recommend that you go through and match your 10 best against each pitcher, making sure to get the platoon advantage,  and go from there before you even start leveling anybody. I do agree with @bigvivec that Goodrum looks like your best closer, but he's not capped and perhaps you don't need to rush there right away, since pxp is precious. 

There are numerous updated charts that list every pitcher (Lefty, Righty) on the forums here for Classic, All-Star, Hall of Fame on Monday and Royale Wednesday. I think you'll have more success if you have the chart and map it out.  

@JCAM80 posted all 10 pitchers for each level here...
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/comment/6733141#Comment_6733141