Options

Cycle Capping HOF WOH vs Classic WOH

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
I am going to try to cycle cap today’s HOF award. I am pretty sure I am capable of doing it, I just want to get some feedback from those that already do. I have been cycle capping every Classic and Royale WOH reward for months now and it’s getting monotonous. I am in Diamond and have plenty of guys at Diamond 10 with most having stackable skills. My only concern is with resources. I love getting hundreds of bonus games and tons of cash every Monday. Will I still be able to come out on top in the cash category with HOF? I realize I’m probably going to have to exhaust some gold in the process, but I am prepared for that. Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've made 3-3.5 million cash each of the last few Mondays w/o touching classic. Make sure to budget enough time(it's a grind) and resources(275k pxp to d1, etc; 20% less if you have FP). GL buddy! It's a lot more fun and imo, the best way to make your team better.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I will add that even if you can beat it for free, when you  cycle cap, time shouldn't be taken for granted. I prefer to error on the side of caution and I always gold boost at 6.9 and 6.10.
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @navyjack77 - ditto to everything you said.  I have the day off from work and plan to try my best to cycle cap a prime for the first time.  I've never tried to beat HOF, so I'm not sure what to expect.  Really hoping for a lefty with stackable skills!  My top hitters are POTM Alvarez at D9, POTM Gurriel at D9, POTM Goldschmidt at D9 and Prime Reynolds (switch) at D7.  Let's compare notes at the end of the day and see how it pans out.  Best of luck!    
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @SandlotGuru Good idea. I’ll post here how it goes.
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    RIP to all of us who wanted to cycle cap HoF for the first time
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    My plan for the day was completely destroyed, so I apparently wasted a vacation day.  I don't have any interest in a legend player, especially a right handed one.  Back to the classic grind.
  • Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Damn. I beat it for the first time last week, I saved up PXP and was going to give it a try but now I don't know what to do.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm in the same boat.  I have more than enough gold.  Bunch of maxed out 350 Diamond 10 with double stackable skills that are basically always active if I use them right.

I can cycle Classic at will, it's just a matter of if I want to do it fast (15-20 minutes) or without gold (usually 30 or so minutes.)

I can cycle HOF, obviously it's much harder and I spend most time on Classic, with the end goal of acquiring enough Blue XP to level my keepers to Diamond 10.  

At some point though, I'd like to dive into HOF.  I usually do one or two cycles every Monday without a ton of difficulty, I figure I can probably cycle it averaging maybe 1000 gold per cycle and hit maybe 10 cycles.  

At what point should I dive in?  I'm still saving Legend and Prime XP, I stupidly leveled Prime Albies up to Platinum 8 when I was Platinum because I needed a 2B and I should have saved it.  I'm under 50K on both Prime and Legend XP.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats How many times do you think you can cycle it? I don't like to strap myself for time so I usually take the reward player to D2 and then cycle from there. That takes 9 cycles, which I can fit fairly easily enough into 12 hours without feeling like I have to play constantly and not get anything else done the entire day.

To take a prime/legend to D2 takes 2,820 gold 486 evo 1,494,240 cash and 310,150 xp. I recommend the field pass for the 20 percent discount which makes those numbers 2,256 gold 388 evo 1,195,392 cash and 248,120 xp instead.

So you save about 700,000 xp by cycle capping. I've built nearly my entire team doing this.

• Options
    @JEDDDOGGY

Probably 10 times if I grind it and go in with at least 20K gold just to be safe.  

Thanks for the figures on XP, unfortunately I have a ways to go.  Good idea on the field pass.  I only want to buy one more $10 field pass this year and I've been saving to do all my keepers to D10 at once for it.  Maybe I can hit them all at the same time.  
  • Options
    It's kind of funny that I was clamoring to bring back free evolves for a dupe pull earlier this year, and now that they have,I never use it.   :disappointed:

At some point for veteran Diamond players, EVO is just a number, and I'll take the extra XP over the gold.  
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It's amazing how different this game gets the higher up you advance. 
  • Options
    For sure.  I love every part about Diamond except the completely necessary part of blowing through a ton of games to maintain your Diamond lifestyle.  I can crank out about 500 bonus/tourney wins a day but anything more than that just gets too boring.  
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Edit: Whooo boy wrong thread...
  • Options
    @Cooz19 Yeah, at diamond with hof, it's either cycle cap or not at all. Well, generally speaking. 

@Wicked0Wildcats If possible, I would definitely be conservative. It would be awful, for example, to get stuck at d7-d8 and/or feel like you gotta break the bank for 1-2 more cycles. And yes, evo is pretty much worthless to guys that have been diamond for awhile.
  • Options
    Current evo situation:

• Options
    damn @JEDDDOGGY, u got a prime sp!
  • Options
    @DFBB lol that big old discount on the weekend sure is nice!
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm on the cusp. What are you spending gold on outside of players, mega pxp and weekend boxes? If not, how you getting pxp?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm a sucker for eye candy and I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about bringing up a prime pitcher. lol
  • Options
    @dustyhunks - In addition to what you mentioned (player boxes and mega pxp boxes), a fair amount is spent on leveling players and I spend about 10k on HOF on Monday to cycle cap. I probably also spend maybe 5k on Wednesdays on WOH too, although I don't try to cycle cap the reward player on Wednesday.

Most of the PXP is get is from the mega boxes, since if you buy all 40 of them you can net about 160k PXP. Fan rewards will give you a big chunk. The reward for 40k gold over the weekend was 45k PXP iirc. I'm also quite stubborn on using it. Rental bonus players who will not stick on my roster get leveled to bronze 10 and that's it.
  • Options
    @DFBB Oh, he aint just eye candy. I think he's undefeated in season mode so far. ;)
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm so jealous right now after seeing all of that.  That pxp is beautiful.  Brings a tear to my eye  :'(   <----- but with more of a smile
    Just no.  
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Holy Evo 🤤😍
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71