WOH 8-19-2019

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    go from 20 minute classic cycles to 48 minute ones  grrrrrrr
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Changes for HoF: 4.9=righty, 4.10=lefty
    5.5=sale, the rest are rightys
    6.1+ all new pitchers; 6.5=lefty, 6.9=lefty, 6.10=max, righty. I lost with an 80g boost, replayed and lost again with Ichiro.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Sonny Gray a little different than Lester at 4.10. Threw the fastball by me the first time. Lol. 
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Please update last 4 in hof level 5
    Need more Living Legends!
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Interest level minimal today. 
    @ZaneJ78 all rightys
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    today feels like glu wants ALL that double gold back from the weekend. I swear the pendulum never swings to the middle on changes. 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    If dfbb lost with his super keeper Ichiro on 6.10 we mortals have no chance... 
    The pitchers are tougher, but the situation and their upgrades remained the same. I think I just had bad rng the first time through. I won with no outs using Olsen(13/12) and the 80g boost. Total cost for that cycle as 360g.

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Given the changes to classic today, it feels like right handed bats have been significantly devalued.  You need maybe two (classic level 4 only has one RHP and level 5 only has two), otherwise you need to stock up on lefties.  I wish they'd balance things out a bit and/or offer more left handed bats.      
    Courtesy of a clubmate:

HOF - 8/19
    5.5 L
    5.6 R
    5.7 R
    5.8 R
    5.9 R
    5.10 R

6.1 L
    6.2 R
    6.3 R
    6.4 R
    6.5 L
    6.6 R
    6.7 L
    6.8 R
    6.9 L
    6.10 R
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Best classic run for me to date. The new pitchers threw 101-104mph heat which made it a HR derby. 1st cycle, no boosts, no retries. I was about to start on HoF until I hit this on the reward box.

Sax is one of my top 10 fav players. Just sucks he's in his Yankees garb. Gotta finish Will Clark before I can start on him.

Like retirepujols said a while back. Prime Niko Goodrum is an absolute WoH beast. This was the first event I used him in and he destroyed everything.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Got it done @ Platinum, but RISP definitely not the ideal skill set even though I am in the camp that believes skills fluctuate off/on during WOH
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Justin Verlander has been eating my food. Those slow fast balls are killing me😩
    Goodrum isn’t that good. When someone stops by your office in the middle of his round and you have to set your phone down, he loses. 🤬🤬🤬. Back to 5.1. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @Base15 that pause button on the top right corner can sometimes be useful 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yeah. Didn’t have time for that. 
    What is Verlanders rating look like at gold?
    anyone find 4.10 difficulty more than 5.10??
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ll preface this by saying classic for my team prior to today’s WoH was a bit weak, however the pendulum swung a bit far today.  I’m still winning mind you, but to go from 4 diamond level pitchers to 10 is a bit much, and the 4.10 scenario might be the toughest with a strong 277 at diamond Gray needing 3 with none on vs 5.10 with Lynn giving you a base runner with the same deficit.  Folks with rosters not as deep as mine or just making the jump will find today a bit frustrating.  At least I wasn’t bored today so that’s something but gradual increases in difficulty would’ve been better.  
    right there with you @redlegs2018u … I don't know if I am going to jump from platinum toda or not
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I haven’t had any trouble getting by Lester the last few weeks, but I had to use my free replay at 4.10 today, and was just hoping the RISP skills for Yordan kicked in as soon as I got a RISP, but my first two ABs were corner breaking ball outs.  Luckily I ended up with pitches all down the middle after that and pulled it off.  Now I’m just waiting for my free replay to come back so I can knock out Lynn.
    Thanks to everyone posting the new pitchers.
    Verlander stats for hof at gold anyone?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    An increased player reward for classic would have been nice. Maybe a 360 or 370 bxp. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @redlegs2018u @bayoubengal
    Completely agree with both of you.  I was beginning to think I wouldn’t get past Gray at 4.10, after starting 0/4 against him.  Figured out that for some reason McMahon at D10 with double WoH skills works better for him than Mejia at D10 with double RHP skills, despite Mejia having them having the same hit rating (392) and Mejia’s skills boosted to 6, while McMahon’s skills are only boosted to 5.  Turns out, the difference is in power rating, with McMahon at 359 to Mejia’s 348.  Once a I figured that out, I only had to restart once since, which was on Mengden at 5.7.  Definitely much tougher today though, but a better feeling of accomplishment with each cycle too.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I'm 0-8 on Verlander now, even resorted to trying my legend and his one skill. This is getting sickening.  I don't even want to admit how much gold I've spent on the entire tower....needless to say my double gold weekend just took a substantial hit.  And i still haven't beaten HOF. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I've faced Price countless (hundreds?) times in the past and had never once gotten a hit off of his curve ball...until today.  I flared a Texas-leaguer to the opposite field with PTOM Gurriel (at D10).  You da man Gurriel!  I'm not sure whether this makes a difference, but this week I finally got my Hitting Coach, Trainer and Clutch Performance upgrades up to 84/100.  
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Yea i hope next week all start woh will have a prime player with prime xp. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I restarted the app and Maldonado is a C now.
    I am beginning to think that the rng hates me.  I have cycled 5-6 times today.  The first was a pain because I had to figure out the pitchers.  after that I have cycled with no restarts or gold used.  Now I am on 5.10 for the 10th time and can't get past his curveballs.