The VIP Council: Fun, Fun and More Fun!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Last weekend, myself and a few others had the privilege of visiting GLU. While we did sign NDAs, there are some things that should be safe to discuss. I'm sure I'll forget things, but here are some things that may be of interest:

****Android Lag
As expected, android is simply more difficult to work with than Ios due to the nature of how each OS operates. Obviously, it's disappointing, but it doesn't appear that a 'fix' is in store anytime soon. I know they're constantly working on things, but I got the impression that they've already exhausted their options for this year's version. I sure hope I'm wrong and I know an update is in the works so here's hoping!

***Keepers
I feel like keepers are great as is, but I was the minority voice. Many in the group felt that keepers, relative to their place in the game, weren't worth the the resources required to level them. If I had to guess, I think keepers will get stronger at a faster pace moving forward.

***ML
ML was briefly talked about and I left with the impression that he's not meant to be an end game player. I brought up that ML is 10x of '18's cost at platinum and diamond, but they didn't bat an eye. By that, I mean, they didn't seem surprise which suggests that it was intentional. To that end, I'd be absolutely shocked if he gets a 2nd skill.

***Royale Re-Bracket
This was talked about at length and personally, I was all over this topic. I also brought up specific things that made for an unpleasant experience with Royale. To sum it up, I gave plenty of reasons why the current Royale system needs to change. Time will tell if changes will be made. 

***Gold Battles
Fortunately, this appears to be a thing moving forward. I got the impression that gold battles will happen more frequently and potentially, on a bigger scale. I was a tad passionate on the topic and even compared cash battles to playing scrabble w/o keep score. I also suggested that the draft picks get updated to include the sluggers from the SF events. Once again, here's hoping!

***XP shortage
This was probably the most common complaint. There was plenty of voices on this topic so I didn't get too involved. From my perspective, either the resources or the player needs to be chased. My guess is that things will continue to get more accessible. 

***Extra Bases/Royale/Weekends
They've put EB on hold, but I expect it'll be back soon. There were some bugs that they wanted to get addressed. Royale on the weekend also got mentioned, but I don't think it was well received. I got the impression that while the weekend event will remain unchanged this year, they're always looking to add new things to keep us busy.

The experience itself was nothing short of amazing. The GLU team really gave us the red carpet treatment and couldn't have been more pleasant. They showered us with gifts in the game and in person! I loved that they're always thinking of the next step. They appeared to really value our opinions on current and potential products. I also got to meet @snowy24 and the rest of the guys were great too. Oh and of course, I got to meet the one and only, blue leopard. Blue was much, much different than I had imagined. He was super chill  and no different than any of us: he's a passionate gamer. A bit of an understatement, but I really enjoyed my time in SF.  :)

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Thanks for looping us in DFBB!!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Pity timer? 😕
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I believe it's been re-termed the "Likenight" timer....   ;)
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Ha.. it can be “re-termed” to whatever they please as long as it is in place... 🤷🏻‍♂️
    😉
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Thanks for the update DFBB.  Its great you had a good time as well !!  To bad ML prob wont get any love 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Don't care about sluggers any more since moving to plat but ML with slugging boost should have happened, especially without access to draft picks of players faced in SF or as rewards. Comparable sluggers should be completely phased out at this point for those that kept up (reg slug Muncy, Trout, etc).
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I trust the next update will include the promised colored text in chat? 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Once that happens, I won't even need to play the game anymore. All the fun will be in rainbow messages and stickers 🙌🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Soo, Im just curious what were your rewards? screen shot? 
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Sounds good and it’s cool that Glu does this and gives some of their players the red carpet treatment.  Thank you for the update and being a voice for the gamers!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Since the lack of XP was brought up I am certain that WOH rewards were mentioned. Can you give us any insight there? We can’t keep playing this event for a blue XP player that has next to zero value and no special XP rewards that could be used on the players that actually DO matter.

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @matt_sackett did you not read his post.. GEEZ. they had to sign a NDA.  

*Sarcasim*
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @mythicaldragon I knew I'd forget something. The pity timer was discussed. They're fine tuning things before making it 'official.'

@retirepujols I believe I heard color texts being mentioned. :)

@matt_sackett I don't know if it would be wise for me to share that publicly.  :#

@JEDDDOGGY I had an extensive conversation about the Royale WoH rewards. They seemed really receptive and to be honest, I'd be really surprised if we don't see changes even as early as tomorrow. That's how well I think it went. Then again, I'm also a hopeless optimist. lol.

@bayoubengal Trust me, I'd LOVE to share everything, but I can't. I will just say that they're always thinking ahead and trying to keep things fresh. We may not always agree with their actions(or non actions), but they're not exactly resting on their laurels. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @DFBB I just want to say thanks for sharing your experience from this visit.  A lot of people could just keep that to themselves.  I don't care what @retirepujols or @matt_sackett say about you when you are not reading this.  

Jealousy doesn't bode you guys well. 

*again last part sarcasm*  
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    If anyone on the forum is selected to go next year, go go go. It is definitely worth it! Everyone is so nice and welcoming. It was a great experience! We discussed so much. I was so exhausted after. Dfbb and all the guys that went are great. 
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY I also brought up the drop in xp(in boxes) after legends were introduced. I was given a reasonable explanation. However, it's difficult for many to grasp certain concepts. In particular, it was difficult to see past the sharp drop in pxp. I know I'm being vague as hell, but the topic was discussed at length. We'll see if anything comes out of it.
    @DFBB Yeah, it would be difficult for me to grasp any concept designed to explain that one LOL.

Thanks for going and sharing your opinions on the game with them. It's much appreciated!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @DFBB Thank you for being such a great advocate for the TSB common folk. You have always tried to help anyone who has asked for it. I wouldn’t have gotten as far in the game if it wasn’t for guys like you, @Houmy, @snowy24, et el. Much appreciated.
    I gave it a shot....50/50 on if he could tell us.  Cant blame a guy for trying.

• TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @DFBB based on our last interaction, it didn't seem like your concerns mirrored the majority, but the things mentioned here sound promising. Thank you.

My biggest complaint is how hard it is to get and level premium players. Currently, it would take me hitting the 2% odds on the LXP box 235 times to level a LEGEND to D10 WITH the 50% leveling discount. That's 70,500 gold and that's IF I hit the 2% odds 100% of the time. That's a little more than absurd. So, hopefully they make adjustments.

My other suggestion would be to increase the xp received for a duplicate premium player. If we're cycling HOF for premium players and investing tons of gold, the duplicate XP should be on par with the duplicate XP for regular players, if not more.

Overall, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Btw, what is ML?
    Thanks For sticking up for us, we appreciate it!

@TheBunny ML=my legend

@TheBunny I didn't mean to ignore the rest of your post, but I had to give it some thought. It may not be a popular opinion and this is purely speculation on my part, but if pxp/lxp players had the same repull values as bxp players, it would dilute the game. It would also create less demand for those resources, which is in direct contrast to the theme of '19. 
    @DFBB @JEDDDOGGY Only thing I can think of that would lead to a reduction in pxp would be the introduction of legends. Not a massive difference between 420 and 450 max and if pxp were as available as it was when 1.2.1 rolled out then why even bother chasing legends?

Wish they hadn't bumped the pxp at all rather than come close to making it flow freely and then yank it back while adding another elusive resource. Granted you get a decent haul throwing gold at mega boxes and potw/potm boxes but that's the point, spend currency one way or another.
  • TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @DFBB while I understand what you're saying, I disagree. It's significantly harder to get premium players, so investing in cycling or pulling a duplicate costs more. There's no reason duplicate values shouldn't increase. I can cycle classic 15-20 times a day and stack up on BXP. You can't do that with HOF, which is why it makes sense to give more XP for a duplicate. You're spending MORE for significantly LESS to cycle HOF multiple times. Doesn't make sense.
    The whole less dup value of primes and legends is not new to TSB 19.
    edited August 2019
    @DFBB I don't think having resources to level up your players is going to dilute the game. I got a shiny, new Luis Gonzalez last week and haven't even gotten him leveled to a place where he is even usable yet. So essentially I spent a bunch of money to get this new toy, then spent more money making it better, and I still can't even use it.

Wait, what? The "theme" of '19 is to resource-strap its users? What the...

PS, it's okay for us to disagree on some things (or this place would suck), so I don't want you to think I am de-valuing your message there. I just don't get what they are doing, I guess. My engagement is at an all time low and there are diamond teams popping up for sale left and right on Facebook because I would guess they are also tired of having a list full of players they can't do anything with.
    "Wait, what? The "theme" of '19 is to resource-strap its users? What the..."

It is exactly this. From the beginning with the hidden quotas for games played through tiers and boosted season opponents, the message is clear that if you want to come out on top it will cost you something; money, time or both. I look at team profiles of sub 100k teams that are diamond and plat with featured players in silver and gold then think of all the time I've spent building my team and the constant weekly regression in my satisfaction with the game and wonder who really is worse off...
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    @DFBB my only question is will double gold videos continue to happen and will the video limit go away?
    Need more Living Legends!
    @dustyhunks I feel the same way, and I wish it would just go back to how it was last year where it might be a few weeks in between pulling an elite player. But when I did, I could actually use them. Right now, you can't. I got way more excitement and the game was much more enjoyable when every couple of weeks I'd get lucky and "BAM! New legend. Level that son-of-a-b*** up and wreck the event" instead of "Oh blah, another legend/prime. Guess I'll take him to bronze 10 for bonus points and trade him in tomorrow". If they think I'm buying $8000 worth of legend improve boxes, well, I'm not.