The VIP Council: Fun, Fun and More Fun!!!

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Before legends dropped, I would routinely buy a number of boxes for each event, chasing that new guy that I could level and use in the event.  This was particularly true given that, if I didn't land the player I was after, in all likelihood I would haul in some decent PXP so that, when the player eventually did hit, I would be able to level and use him.

But now that legends have dropped, there's no real point in buying more than a handful of boxes (whatever it takes to hit the 2500 gold fan reward).  LXP is a joke, and PXP's return to relative scarcity (at least in boxes) just sapped the excitement.  I now have little desire to chase players because when I miss, the PXP/LXP rewards aren't worth the cost, and when I actually hit the player, it doesn't matter because I can't level him.  I have at least 10 primes and legends sitting on my bench at bronze 1 that are just completely useless to me.  If I can't level whatever player I might land in a box--and when the boxes I miss on don't provide reasonable XP returns--there's just little point in buying them.  But that's where we are right now.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @TheBunny I didn't mean to ignore the rest of your post, but I had to give it some thought. It may not be a popular opinion and this is purely speculation on my part, but if pxp/lxp players had the same repull values as bxp players, it would dilute the game. It would also create less demand for those resources, which is in direct contrast to the theme of '19. 

To add on to @DFBB post here, I think thats the same reason we arent seeing bxp players above 350.   Just would dilute things more based on bxp chunks being even easier to obtain.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
     I can’t accept the argument that too much pxp and lxp would dilute the game when they released 3 boxes and had 26 bonus players last weekend. Doesn’t compute. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Sorry guys. I was trying to put my 1 year old son to sleep and super mom(my wife) isn't home. Always an adventure when a noob is in control. Anyways....

@TheBunny Compared to last year, primes are significantly easier acquire. Last year, we pxp was raining all over the place, but the good primes were difficult to acquire(2k a box at 2.5% odds). My dilute comment is my opinion that if both primes and their resources are common, then there is no place for bxp players and we'd all have capped primes. Again, just my opinion.

@dustyhunks Yup, they stayed the same. Bxp repull value was bumped significantly so it's difficult to ignore the difference between the repulls for bxp and primes/legends. 
    I'm not a fan of the dozens and dozens of bonus players either. I can only assume that it's a reaction to complaints about guys not having bonus players. 

@JEDDDOGGY I actually agree with you. I think it makes for a better player experience to chase the player rather than the resources. The situation you outlined is beyond frustrating. Like, it's much easier to deal with not pulling a player than it is to just leave him inactive at b1 or whatever. That said, it appears that this was the decision for '19(at least, so far). 
    As far as all the diamond teams seeking trades and/or up for sale, I think it's a combination of guys really wanting to use legends(something that simply isn't reasonable at this stage, even in '18) and guy pouncing on a chance to make money. Keep in mind that guys sometimes have trouble evaluating players and determining the value of an account is a tad more complicated. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, 3 boxes with 26 different players is what is diluting the game. By definition, the word dilute as it's being used means to reduce the value of something (the game itself) by increasing the number of components (bonus players) without increasing the value (ability to level them up) of said components.

They are literally diluting the game by releasing so many players with no resources to do anything with them. How they could even attempt to argue the exact opposite is borderline gaslighting.

EDIT: @DFBB Okay, yes. That makes sense. I hope that they will figure out a nice balance. At the end of last season, I was as happy with the game as I remember ever being (and it's not like I was spending less money, probably more, in fact). Like you said, it is a better player experience to chase the player instead of a tunnel with no light at the end of it to grind through for resources.
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY Ugh, I wish the quote option was back. Anyways, I love that we often see things differently. Progress doesn't happen when guys always agree. 
    Back to my 'popular'(sarcasm) dilute comment. Right now, primes and especially legends, are a very big deal. At least, at higher tiers. While I do understand and even embrace the concept, I don't think the community as a whole has embraced it. It's simply not fun to pull a guy only to leave him inactive. To that end, I hope a change is in order. 
     "I'm not a fan of the dozens and dozens of bonus players either. I can only assume that it's a reaction to complaints about guys not having bonus players."

If they had either increased the xp rewards in those first legend boxes, maybe 15-20% or offered 2 primes and 2 bxp players with xp levels staying the same instead of both reducing the xp rewards SIGNIFICANTLY and completely removing bxp players, no one would have complained. Well, maybe that's not true but I wouldn't have. I don't care about a max increase for bxp players as with what's been offered lately I can get it done in plat while I gather final resource pool before going diamond. But they need to find better balance.

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I think less players would be the way to go. These guys are all the same. 

I do like that they sit on the end of the bench and impart wisdom to the guys that play. 
    @Base15 I like the quips at end of your posts. I close my eyes and imagine the guy in your avatar saying it and it is very, very fitting. Kudos.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I do have to ask.  Did any mention or ask about skills for WOH turning off or on????
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    @CanadaCubs It is happening, but I'm not sure when.

@bayoubengal The guys that would be in charge of game mechanics weren't there.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Thanks @DFBB for answering my pity timer question. 
    I want to see more pxp/lxp but if it means the players will be harder to obtain then honestly I’d rather things stay the way they are. I can always scrounge up enough lxp/pxp from the 2.99-4.99-9.99 deal boxes here and there. Wait maybe that’s their plan.,.. 🤔
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    My real main concern is... did they feed you guys and gals well?!?  The anticipation is killing me.
    Just no.  
    @FrankTheTank04 Man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the food! Dude, did they feed us well? Heck yeah they did! Food was amazing! We were there all day/night and trust me, no complaints here!
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Good thread and a good read! Thanks DFBB!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @DFBB Were you able to bring your wife and baby? How many days did you stay?
    @Madswagoo Thanks man!
    @navyjack77 Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out for my wife and infant son. I got there on Thursday afternoon and left Saturday morning. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Thanks for giving us a little insight into your experience. Maybe you’ll be asked to come back next year. Maybe it’ll be someone else who contributes to the forum frequently. Can’t wait to see your custom VIP badge.
  • Dpow14Dpow14 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    @DFBB Enjoyed meeting you in San Fran I wish we could’ve talked more but after our visit to Glu headquarters I had too much to drink. I think everything you touched base on was spot on and I’m glad to see most of this feedback from others in the game as well. I’m fairly new to this side of the game so I’ll be sure to weigh in here and there to add to my feedback as to implement more user friendly ways to improve the game in the future. Tomahawk 😎
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    @Base15 hey Steinbrenner Nice team lol
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@matt_sackett my team would be unbelievable if only I still were in bronze. 

@dustyhunks. Thanks. I’m glad you enjoy my attempts at humor. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It was said before but either you chase the player or the resources.  If both are easy to come by the average player strengths will rise and effectively dilute the game as devs will respond to the average rise in strengths by increasing difficulty levels to maintain a balanced bell curve of results.  Last year players were considerably harder to come by.....spoiled for choice this year relatively speaking but to balance resources are harder to get/more expensive.  
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @DFBB Thanks for this thread and congrats on getting to go. Glad they treated you well.

Any chance the video cap got mentioned at all? Just curious, thanks :smile:
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I think I would rather chase the resources than the player. The resources will eventually come but the player there is no guarantee. I like having a couple players on the bench and picking and choosing to level instead of just leveling everyone I want. I am a silver 103k team with a team full of capped primes but the past couple of weeks with the decrease in prime xp I have started having to choose who I level. I beat hof on Monday and couldn’t level Legend sax which sucks but at least I have someone who I can level once I have the xp instead of the xp just piling up and up and no new players to improve the team. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    If you had the resources, you could have leveled Sax- that isn't a case of pulling a player or not, it's a guaranteed reward. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I think I would rather chase the resources than the player. The resources will eventually come but the player there is no guarantee. I like having a couple players on the bench and picking and choosing to level instead of just leveling everyone I want. I am a silver 103k team with a team full of capped primes but the past couple of weeks with the decrease in prime xp I have started having to choose who I level. I beat hof on Monday and couldn’t level Legend sax which sucks but at least I have someone who I can level once I have the xp instead of the xp just piling up and up and no new players to improve the team. 
    If you want the chase. How about you now get out of silver and move up a tier or two.  Then you may know what it’s  like to really not be able to level a player.  Silver? Really and complaining about resources.  
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Agreed
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well, maybe that's just a sign of how bad it is. Even people in Silver where it takes 34k to cap a prime/legend are having issues LOL.
    No that you mention it, I can’t get a legend to S10. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    If you want the chase. How about you now get out of silver and move up a tier or two.  Then you may know what it’s  like to really not be able to level a player.  Silver? Really and complaining about resources.  
    I’ll second that!  People in silver should not complain about resources. Ridiculous 
    Ahhh...silver was so much fun...