Bxp from draft picks

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
i believe I read somewhere that @bigvivec spends cash to buy draft picks from sluggers and not regular store because they yield “better” xp.  Can anyone say if there is any truth to this or just how he feels about the ratios?
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
Prev1

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I believe that is true as well.  I haven't bought a slugger pick yet this year, but it seems like I get a better bxp return on the picks earned through season mode.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Take 50 2nd rounders from WOH and 50 2nd round slugger picks and you’ll see the sluggers come out ahead.  I don’t have any stats on it but it quickly becomes apparent.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    that's all I needed to know before I put 400k into it....
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Man, I know I'm the new guy here lol. I agree tho, going back to last season I often have done better with the slugger picks. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I just did 5 of each and I think I came out ahead doing the sluggers. The reason I say I think is because I didn't take note of all 5 sluggers and ALL my sluggers are carrying the "new" tag" still since I emptied my slugger roster when I went Gold. 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Wouldn't it be easier to spend 5k on home run battle and lose and get 100 xp plus 25 gloves? 105 xp if you have the 5% extra reward.
    hmmmmm didn't think about that
    edited August 2019
    It works when you can find opponents. But you still dont get that edge case 500 xp pull. You might come out slighly ahead but bonus is the gloves.it comes in handy when you need  a few 100 xpnor so. If you are mass farming not sure.
    I pulled 12k xp out of $400k in sluggers 
    and if I did the actual game for $5k per 100 then that would only be 8k xp
    Nice! Hr derby might be best for small xp needs and not farming. Besides it might take hours to find 100 opponents.
    Does anyone have any better way of getting bxp? 
    and what was that??? @CanadaCubs
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The way it was explained to me is there are less sluggers than regular players, which leads to more duplicate pulls and duplicate bxp. What Canada is referring to is keeping scrubs on your inactive list that you pull most frequently so that you can get the duplicate XP as they level each time you pull them 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    The problem with doing it with sluggers because I pulled multiple this morning was it would say "player doesn't make your roster" and you do not get any xp from the pull at all
    Yes yes I get that @CanadaCubs.  Why does it do that for purchasing "sluggers" on the Slugfest side????
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @CanadaCubs concerning that method, you don’t have to have said player capped to get the duplicate XP do you? I don’t remember it being like that before.  The reason why I ask is because I’m fairly new to cycling WOH multiple times a day.  Last week I wanted the player in the rewards so I leveled him to 10 and cycled to level him to the next tier and then eventually capped him.  Then cycled a few more times 5-6 total for the day I think.  This week I didn’t care for the player so I never invested in him.  Cycled about 5-6 times, never even looked at my xp levels but then at the end of the day it seemed I earned a significant less XP then the previous week and have been trying to think on it since why that might be.
    Every duplicate pull, whether from a box, pick, or woh cycle, levels the player up (unless he is already capped at your tier), and gives you dup xp at the same time.  The higher the level, the more dup xp you get.
    @8ball02 if you didn't level the guy, then you got the duplicate xp from him as a lowly bronze guy. The duplicate xp is equivalent to the trade in value.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @retirepujols and @Tdub71 thanks for the education.  In that scenario when the player isn’t going to make your roster to what extent do you guys level the player to maximize your return of XP.  Just curious how others approach it.
    @8ball02, I don't touch guys from draft picks at all.  I usually trade in all of them daily (except my TS-nerfing subs and bullpen arms).

Bxp WOH rewards and box players (if they are active bonuses for the event) I cap, if I have the resources to spare.  A g10 350 max bxp player gets 7400 bxp in a repull.  Primes and Legends I usually try to take to s10 or g1 if I have the xp to spare.  If they are not worthwhile active event bonuses, or POTMs, I usually leave them alone, until I need them.

I am still gold, so leveling is not a big concern for me.  About 30k to cap bxp, about 100k to cap prime or legend.  Obviously lxp is at a premium, so I still have a b1 Cooperstown Edgar just hanging out, but Cooperstown Baines and WOH reward Sax are capped at g10 now.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I love this ish. Missed that post from @Bigpredfan but would have been all over it had I seen it.
    @8ball02 it just depends on how much you'll be playing. You'll earn the most if you cycle cap the guy then trade him in (after using him the next day for bonus points), but if you just plan on doing a few cycles then it all depends. Silver 1 or 10 could be a good spot to take them and then get a few cycles in, or just leave him bronze and not feel obligated to cycle for resources lol. Also, I didn't explain the trade in value properly- you get a little more duplicate XP than trade in value, it's not equivalent but close. 
    Payin’ dividends...

@dustyhunks that some mighty meh bxp-bait ya got there...
    More than I got from that xp deal II box in that sham of a vid achievement. @Tdub71
    @dustyhunks very true...
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    With weekend guys I will take them to D1 (blue exp guys) if I think I’ll use them after the weekend then fish for repulls (the last two I did that with were Senzel and Votto).  If you have field pass and a discount from doing well on Thursday (normally have 10%, occasionally 20%) it doesn’t take too many to replenish most of not all the exp you spent.  In the case of Pollack on the weekend I pulled him I ended up actually getting more exp than I spent because I pulled him 7 times.  With WoH I’ll go to P10 or D1 with blue players then let the cycles level him the rest of the way and after about the 6th or 7th exp after that is a net positive (9-10 cycles if keeping him and leveling skills too).
    More than I got from that xp deal II box in that sham of a vid achievement. @Tdub71
    This is the second time in hearing of this bxp box from the video achievements. I had a nom nom box from the vid achievements today, and I'm not sure who was supposed to get what.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I thought we weren’t allowed to complain about free things. 😉