Options

Would You Rather Chase Players or Resources?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I actually prefer the way things are currently, but I'm fairly certain that most people would prefer chasing players. Well, let's find out!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Would You Rather Chase Players or Resources? 41 votes

Chase Players
60% 25 votes
Chase Resources
39% 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    At this point, resources are so hard to get, I don't even want the players.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I would prefer chasing players. I think any owner of a diamond team would say that though.

I mean, are we sure players are so much easier to get this year anyway? I seem to recall the first legend I got out of a box in 18 was WAR Lord Eddie Matthews and I think the odds at the time were 2.5% for a legend. They were 1% or maybe 1.5% for a legend last weekend iirc? There for a while it seemed we had a little better odds, but now its back to where it was last year (just with next to zero resources available unless you bust out your wallet, and even then, its still thin).
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If I have to chase resources, I can’t use the player so the affect on my team is essentially the same as not being able to get the player. 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Earlier in the year I would agree players were easier to get. Now they have tightened up on both. 
  • Options
    titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I know all year I have not spent a single dime chasing resources, but earlier in the year I would spend money trying to get players. I don't think there is the same excitement to opening resource boxes as there is when opening player boxes. Interested in what other people think about this too.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    resources for sure. can always get someone pretty nice on mondays with woh
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    for me as the game is now, i enjoy chasing the resources, because the movement on players especially bxp guys has been slim to none. so chasing pxp or lxp has been fun
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm far more interested in the motivation behind creating this poll, particularly when you wrote immediately you're fine with how things are, than I will be the results of it. 

That said...not trying to get all lawyer-y here...I don't like framing it as being one or the other, because it's a snapshot in time of two things that are the most fluid parts of the game. I wouldn't ever turn down a good player, and I'll always need resources. 

So it's more like "I'd LIKE to get better players, because it's fun to see that guy you wanted pop up on your screen." but right now, I NEED resources, because I'm starting to stagnate in terms of improvement. Better players should make my team better, but I can't drive my Ferrari past the Gold Diggers' neighborhood if I don't have any gas in the tank. 

Players and resources are part and parcel of the same push through the game. As soon as you get players, you'll need resources, and the only time you have an abundance of resources is when you don't have the players. If the question is really asking which one to increase and/or which one to decrease, I don't think it matters. 
  • Options
    TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Maybe they could cut HOF WOH down to 5 levels. Eliminate the first level and just start from level 2. That would at least give us a little more time in the day to cycle for premium players. As it stands, we're chasing players AND resources. And the players we're chasing we can't level. At least that the majority view point from what I'm hearing from hundreds of users on Line.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Agree with @TheBunny - how many of you guys cycle HOF like 4+ times on mondays? I can only get through once or twice usually, but even at gold, leaves me way short on resources to level my shiny new toy.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @TheBunny Good point. The way things are right now, we're chasing both. A poll that would be more fitting would be "Would you rather chase just players? Or would you rather chase players AND resources?"

Because that's what we are doing now. We still have people going 0-fer on ridiculous amounts of boxes.
  • Options
    @Cooz19 I think my personal preference represents the minority. Or at least, I assume it will. @JEDDDOGGY mentioned it, but legends are just as tough this year as last year. Primes, however, took a drastic turn. The prime players themselves were very easy to get while the pxp, relatively speaking, has been considerably tougher.

@TheBunny I'd love to see it at five levels too. It's not necessarily tough as it is time consuming at the moment.
  • Options
    @Cooz19 Sorry, I didn't address your initial comment. My motivation is that I want to see what others think without having to say a word. For example, I assume my opinion will be in the minority based on things I read here, but sometimes perception is the result of the 'loud minority.' 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I constantly am throwing away players because of the lack of pxp and lxp. By the time I have the resources to level up that next player, the current players will be obselete. I probably throw away six primes for every one that I level.
  • Options
    @BlackFang4 Yeah, same here. I just traded in Sax about an hour ago. 
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Players and it's not even close.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This, to me, turned into this question

Would I rather have a bench full on inactive legends/primes which I can’t use, or have 3 primes I can use daily?  

Give me the resources and then when I do land a player I’ll actually be able to use them past the bonus points before I have to turn them into resources 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Full disclosure, @DFBB, it was meant to be more of a quiet "he just got back from meeting with the makers of the game, and he's asking us this question..." wondering if you were doing some crowd-sourcing. I'm with you, though, and you're spot-on: "but sometimes perception is the result of the 'loud minority.' " 

Wanting players is what drives us early in the game. Needing xp to level players is what keeps us going on Aug. 21 after frequent play helped us build a good roster. Two constant, fluid goals, emphasized more heavily at different times of the game. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    My thoughts are mostly what is being said already. The prime players seem to be a little easier to achieve but they are pretty much all trade bait. I’ve got 1 to D8 and 2 on my bench that I might work on eventually. I think that I’m going to work on keepers instead  
  • Options
    @2003cobra I think keepers are a great investment. They're the gift that keeps on giving.