We got a Prime

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

Prev13

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    A crappy one!  But I realize that many players haven't had a chance at a prime yet (because they don't have the resources to beat HOF, or to buy boxes).  So, I'm cool with it. 
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    If they threw in 5-10k pxp also on that last tower, I would be so hype. But the player reward is not worth the pxp you would have to spend to cycle cap him. A step in the right direction, though. Wonder how much harder level 5 will be.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    He's 390 max, correct? Won't make my team so no need to try to cycle cap.
  • TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    390 prime with double cvc skills is just an expensive 350 bxp guy with two good skills.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I don’t have any Prime guys in Diamond whatsoever, so I’m gonna put in some time to try to do it.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    4.10 is R Cishek

5.7 R Petit
    5.8 R Prime Scherzer
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    It’s a lot harder to get that prime xp spent back by cycling too. D10 trade in for a 400 max player is roughly 1/3 of a 350 bxp player. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    anyone have the lineup for 5, boss is here for next 30 mins
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Careful what you wish for
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited August 2019
    5.7 Petit 277, 5.8 Scherzer 301, 5.9 Bumgardner 317, 5.10 Thor 309 (Ratings are D1). Didn’t have the resources to cycle cap anyway but wouldn’t for this guy either.  Played it once to see what changed (honestly not much a bit higher for the last 3) but probably won’t do much with this tower and don’t really need resources of cash and BGs all that bad either so probably not much playtime today.
    edited August 2019
    5.8 on are primes I assume. I guess we're all supposed to have 3 primes capped by now. Thanks Glu...
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    So only two lefty’s in Level 4 ? 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Yeah, 4.4 and 4.9 are the lefties.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I don't want to play anymore..... 

later guys
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Pretty sure that most guys are not happy with today's reward, but I'm thrilled. Short of being double blowouts, this is exactly what I needed. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Hate to say it and people will kill me but I need the mega bxp box.... 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Royale WOH makes me want to smash things. Lol. Start off with 2 HRs vs Bumgarner then get nothing to hit. 🤬🤬
    Played from 5.5 on and didn't falter until 5.10 and had to use restart (my mistakes). Got through with McMahon and his 13/13 skills. We'll see what second time through brings. My skills are much improved this week though autoplay is not the free pass I've grown accustomed to.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Not an ideal prime for most.   Doesnt do much for silver and gold teams and probably not worth the resources for plat and diamond teams.   Regardless a prime being included I think is a step in the right direction.  Looks like my Lugo and me are sticking to tournies again this week tho

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Level 5 all Rightys again except 5.9?
    edited August 2019
    @Mattattack In 18 the guaranteed reward player was always a bit behind the top max as well. For instance, I remember there toward the end when we had 530-540 players that the guaranteed player was a step down from that, maybe 500-510. 

The very huge difference for me is that this year resources are so extremely scarce that I don't dare waste them on any player that isn't the current top max (420).
    This is definitely a step in the right direction. But I can’t justify cycle capping him and ending up losing pxp in the process. And cycling all day for minimal pxp isn’t going to happen for me either. Hopefully next week brings a player with better skills. Looks like another day blowing through bonus games and tournaments. That ain’t too bad. 
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY I took him to p5 and plan on cycle capping to d10. I'm not factoring in skills, but even w/o FP, it'll cost me just about 100k pxp.

edit: i didnt do the exact numbers, but it'll be under 100k for sure.
    Why not replace bxp with pxp? Like would it hurt really??
    @DFBB Yes, I was looking to see what it would cost if I wanted to drown myself in the game today and get nothing else in my life accomplished LOL. For a 390 guy, I gotta pass today. Otherwise, if you have the time and need a 390 OF then it's a good value. Like I was saying in a previous post, it's hard to be upset about it because this is what we got last season too. I just can't let go of 100k precious pxp for him today at the additional cost of 12 hours of my life LOL.
    @JEDDDOGGY So you took him to p10?
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    The 2000ish bxp, 2000ish pxp and $75,000-$100,000 (net from autoplay) you get from cycling is pretty bad especially when you consider the gold cost of doing it efficiently. The player reward is what it is, some weeks he will have good skills, and some weeks he won't. Bump that pxp up to 10-20k and add in 5-10k lxp and I would think people (especially diamond players) would start to play more. I have been trying to find reasons to play and spend on this game. It has been boring for weeks now.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY as a fellow diamond team myself I agree 100%.   With my team needs and what I value, Ervin makes no sense for me.   I still value pxp very high so for me I wont spend any of it unless its a 420 guy thats double boosted vs righties.  That's my biggest need and will be patient if needed unless pxp becomes more available
    @DFBB Well, I'm not going to do anything with him. I don't need him in any way, shape or form so to spend any PXP on him at all would be foolish imo. My OF is good to go and subs all 400 guys.

I'll cycle a few times to grab some blue cash today, but will focus on club points which are easier to obtain via bonus/prime/tourney games.