Upgrades, Intangibles, Woh and YOU!

Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
Hello! Longtime reader and commenter, very rare poster. Two things...I was hoping someone could shed some light on upgrades as they pertain to Woh. I have Hitting Coach, Trainer and Clutch Performance maxed for my level. Do In the Zone ("more hitting hot streaks"), Momentum ("Better play after a win") and Resilience ("Better play after a loss") affect Woh in any way? 

Please entertain me, if nothing else. I've failed to beat Royale 5 yet again, and I have back-to-back conference calls that will suck away my remaining enthusiasm, thus making it necessary to kindle some kind of hope that, when I take the earpiece out of my numb ear in a few hours, I might be able to do something to help me beat 5. 

I'll hang up and read. 

Comments

• titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Not sure if those upgrades help or not. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to tell if they do. I am sure you have skills up to LXP, but if not, you should. Maybe if you opened 30 Legend XP boxes you could get both skills past the first LXP level  lol
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Working on the skills. I tried to divide and conquer them, prioritizing my top guys then prioritizing one skill at a time. I got them at usually 8 in their dominant skill and 6 in the lesser skill. I'm building on them as quickly as I can but I'm hitting a wall at the 7500 bxp level. Thanks @titsmcgee95
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Working on the skills. I tried to divide and conquer them, prioritizing my top guys then prioritizing one skill at a time. I got them at usually 8 in their dominant skill and 6 in the lesser skill. I'm building on them as quickly as I can but I'm hitting a wall at the 7500 bxp level. Thanks @titsmcgee95
    Bring back the Bxp mega boxes for @Cooz19.  Not that I need them
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    @bayoubengal seriously...I went to gold without a real understanding of how much bxp I'd blow through. In fact, I believed I'd somehow get MORE of it. Just trying to grind it out, one low-level draft pick at a time. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Bring back the Bxp mega boxes for @Cooz19.  Not that I need them
    Quotes are back!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@Cooz19 I was doing fine in platinum getting Bxp and then my dumba$$ self decided to go Diamond.  Guess what? GLU said " lets change WOH for bayoubengal and laugh at him because he can't level now." 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Quotes are back!!!!!!!!!
    Sweet baby Jesus, I'm going to abuse this.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @Cooz19 In the Zone is the 4th upgrade people mention that you should cap.

Primes are king on Wednesday, clearly punctuated this week with 5.8-5.10 prime pitchers. @JCAM80 has a team that illustrates this and I believe he said skills are anywhere from 8-12. It can be cycled with a bxp team though more investment in skills would be necessary. I currently have a single capped 390 prime with skills at 9/9. I'm sitting here trying to think the last time I lost a round with him and cannot (LHP/Late skills always active in situation(s) I use him in).

I have 3 bxp 350 max players with skills at 8/8 and the rest at 6/6 with the exception of 2xWoH McMahon. I pumped him up to 13/13. He also doesn't lose though I have only gotten to 5.10 twice today. If I were in your situation I would get a LHB and RHB prime with stacked skills capped and skills to at least 8/8 as well as capping that last upgrade. Season is still probably your best bet for getting pxp in gold. If you have the gold you can double up 4 game sets to finish it within a few days, also getting 100 evo in the process.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It can definitely be done with blue exp players, while I have 2 PotM (both RHB) the other 10 guys are D10 350 players save for a prime Contreras at D7 (another RH’er).  Now things like live boosts make things a bit easier every one of those 350 guys are either 9/9 or 10/10 in skills with the upgrades at 70/65/60/60 for the big 4 offensive and intangibles.  I might have to throw in a 40 gold boost in an unknown or tough matchup but it should do while I figure out how I’m going to pivot to make sure I can cap WoH primes going forward.

@dustyhunks I have nearly all primes, but I can't level many of them so I pumped up stacked bxps so I can win a few rounds. The rest are inactive. 

Bellinger is the biggest pansy of any prime hitter for woh, don't @ me. Huge mistake leveling him even to G4. Judge has fallen off quite a bit, so bad in fact I upgraded Maldonado (thinking he was someone else...I swear I'm sober) and he's out- produced him today. Maldonado has 4 and 4 skills, and shouldn't even be there. 

Sorry, "Primes are king on Wednesday" is a luxury solution. Mine are a bunch of queens (ooohhh....😂). It'll be a while until I can cap them. Hell, it'll be a while until I get both their damn skills to 8, let alone 12 or whatever your dude is swinging. 

If the answer is further progression into the game, then that's the answer. If the answer is "get a pair of the best prime hitters in the game (420 stacked skill), one lefty and one righty then get them to G10...Ill get right on that. Probably see ya in a month or two 😂
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    someone on here said something along the lines of 1 capped prime is better than 3 lvl 5 prime players and that advice stuck, I now have 7 prime players with stackable skills capped on my roster. 
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    ihuffglu said:
    someone on here said something along the lines of 1 capped prime is better than 3 lvl 5 prime players and that advice stuck, I now have 7 prime players with stackable skills capped on my roster. 
    I'd love it if I could cap a prime. When I can, I intend to do it. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I went thru today 4x with no gold spent, about 30min a spin with this......

Oh yeah @bigvivec? 5x, no gold with THIS:

Cooz19 said:
    ihuffglu said:
    I'd love it if I could cap a prime. When I can, I intend to do it. 
    Pick 1 prime for now and focus all pxp on him. Rest aren't ready for prime time, pun intended.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @redlegs2018u mentioned potm and I can't endorse them enough. They're not always great, but the current month's edition are fantastic. They're basically rental primes that will make your WoH life much, much easier and at a fraction of the cost.

I've actually never moved up tiers without being able to cap 'hitting coach.' When I first went to diamond, I immediately took it to the gold level (84). Right now, all formats of WoH are smooth(and super cheap/free) and I believe it's because of my team upgrades. Currently, I have all four of the WoH upgrades at 100(hitting/training/clutch/in the zone). 

It was also mentioned earlier in this thread, but I want to reiterate the importance of either capping or not at all. I've been in diamond for 2+months and I've leveled exactly one prime player(Olsen) the traditional way. I've actually been in position to cap others, but it was always more important for me to keep my options open. For example, there were times I could've capped a weekend prime but I'd pass on him because it was more important for me to have at least 300k pxp so that HoF would be an option. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Think Glu would reset my account to G10 players. if I give them 15K gold back?????
    @bayoubengal I actually brought up that suggestion, but I don't think 15k gold would do it. lol
    @DFBB did you get a response or was it a "we will look into it"
    I just sent in the feedback the other day. I was told that it will be submitted. I'm not holding my breath in part because I don't understand the logistics behind such a move. I would imagine, however, that it would need to be manually done and that a fee would be associated. Even then, I think it would be attractive to some.
    I would be ok with losing the resources and starting with just g10 players 😂😂😂
    I would be ok with losing the resources and starting with just g10 players 😂😂😂
    I think the fee that they're interested in has dead presidents....
    edited August 2019
    Pick 1 prime for now and focus all pxp on him. Rest aren't ready for prime time, pun intended.
    I am. And I know they're not ready, that's why I was asking about any other advantage I might be able to get among upgrades outside of the obvious ones. For now, 3 bxps are gonna have to keep carrying the ship. 

If I was able to level players any way other than the traditional way, I would, but that again is the problem. I'm trying to find any way I can to cycle a few more times, and save/build resources. I understand it's a great option, but that option isn't available to me, so I'm trying to find ways I can get closer to it so I can bust down the door. 

It won't be long until I max In the Zone, and that will be all four upgrade categories. Just gonna chip away at one prime at a time, and I assume, probably get similar results for a bit. 
    DFBB said:
    @redlegs2018u mentioned potm and I can't endorse them enough. They're not always great, but the current month's edition are fantastic. They're basically rental primes that will make your WoH life much, much easier and at a fraction of the cost.

I've actually never moved up tiers without being able to cap 'hitting coach.' When I first went to diamond, I immediately took it to the gold level (84). Right now, all formats of WoH are smooth(and super cheap/free) and I believe it's because of my team upgrades. Currently, I have all four of the WoH upgrades at 100(hitting/training/clutch/in the zone). 

It was also mentioned earlier in this thread, but I want to reiterate the importance of either capping or not at all. I've been in diamond for 2+months and I've leveled exactly one prime player(Olsen) the traditional way. I've actually been in position to cap others, but it was always more important for me to keep my options open. For example, there were times I could've capped a weekend prime but I'd pass on him because it was more important for me to have at least 300k pxp so that HoF would be an option. 

Speaking of which looking forward, I expect a desirable prime as the Royale WOH prize this week so been saving to make sure I’m in position to cycle cap.  As for upgrades, I really feel they make a difference and while not capped I’m 73/80 on the big 4 ATM and I have an easier time than clubmates with seemingly similar strength teams.  Maybe it’s matchups;  I pay particular attention to all the sticky spots and make sure I draft/build players specifically to address each of those, but in my gut the thing I always build that is not necessarily the case with my pals are the upgrades and pennants so could be those are the deciding factors..........could be.....
    Cooz19 said:
    I am. And I know they're not ready, that's why I was asking about any other advantage I might be able to get among upgrades outside of the obvious ones. For now, 3 bxps are gonna have to keep carrying the ship. 

If I was able to level players any way other than the traditional way, I would, but that again is the problem. I'm trying to find any way I can to cycle a few more times, and save/build resources. I understand it's a great option, but that option isn't available to me, so I'm trying to find ways I can get closer to it so I can bust down the door. 

It won't be long until I max In the Zone, and that will be all four upgrade categories. Just gonna chip away at one prime at a time, and I assume, probably get similar results for a bit. 
    Non traditional field pass 20% and leave your club during the weekend for a 30% to level an active weekend box player is accessible to you.....that and use of POTMs to get over the hump and on the right side of the have/have not line in the game.
    @bigvivec POTM...interesting. I hadn't considered the value of them as a bridge in this particular case. I mean, I definitely see them as excellent, if temporary, resources. Hadn't made the connection that that's exactly what I need. I bought two of them when they came out, didn't get one and have been sulking in a corner ever since. Just gonna have to roll 'em again. Good advice, thank you.