Legend XP deal box

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
Nice, now it only costs about $6k to level up a legend instead of $12k.

Seriously though, anyone done the math on these? Seems like 10k gold would net you about 40k LXP. Also these have no timer or limit of # of boxes you can buy. If these are permanent I guess it’s an improvement?

Comments

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Expected value is 950 lxp. Or 3.17 lxp per one gold. That’s twice as good as the regular box which is 1.57 lxp per one gold. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Okay so worse than my guesstimate. 10k gold would get you 31,700 LXP if you hit the odds on the nose. 

• BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    They took those boxes down real quick, eh? 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

• TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY I did the math on the regular LXP box. It would take hitting the 2% odds (2k LXP) 235 times to take a LEGEND to D10 on the 50% leveling discount. At 300 gold per pop, that's 70,500 gold. And that's only if you hit the 2% odds 100% of the time. Double all those numbers without the discount...For the LXP deal box that came out yesterday, the 2% just improves to 5%. Very unrealistic to say the least.
    Yeah and we're not gonna hit the 2% odds on every box, obviously. If we're going with the 950 expected value, that's 296k gold needed to level to D10 with the "Deal" box. Or, about $3000 real life money. Go home, Glu. You're drunk.
    @JEDDDOGGY I haven't spent a dime since they took my VIP away for "resetting advertising identifier." They make some dumb business decisions...
    @TheBunny They really do that? What the....
    @JEDDDOGGY apparently...it's happened to a few other people from what I've heard. To me, there should be no reason at this point to take away VIP or jail users. They've eliminated all methods of "cheating" this year. Rewarding customer loyalty by removing VIP is petty and is why they haven't gotten another penny from me. Here's the image of them telling us we can legally reset advertising ID.

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    They are back
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    edited August 2019
    They are back

Glu:

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @TheBunny I don't know of your specific situation, but I do know a little bit about the process. It's my understanding that VIP can be manually removed, but generally only in extreme circumstances. By no means am I suggesting you fall under this category, but they are aware of everything that goes on in social media/global/etc. To be specific, they are aware of the 'transactions' being made with accounts. 

Resetting your ad ID can you get banned from TJ(tapjoy), but shouldn't affect your status with TSB. Plenty of people are still cheating. It's impossible to always stay ahead of cheaters and if that's indeed what they're doing, they should be jailed.

edit: @TheBunny If it was me, I'd inquire about a full explanation. I can say with 99% certainty that your VIP wasn't removed due to resetting your ad ID.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB I talked to a dev. They told me the flag was there for resetting ad ID and doing offers multiple times. There’s your 1%.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @TheBunny do you still receive vip gifts every month? I know a certain baby bear that sent some... thing crude to CS in the past and had his VIP badge stripped- but still receives the gifts. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    it took me 30 minutes to find this, but I KNEW your screenshot was mine 😂 I'm sorry if you feel this information led you astray @TheBunny, but this was for videos and not for offers.

FWIW, the following image was shared on the same thread:

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Well, wish I would have seen that screenshot before I lost my vip...lol. Oh well. Glu’s loss. No more $$$ from me.
    As much I (we) complain about things, it seems like every time I go back to last season's forum and look up posts... I sort of see the same thing. Specialty XP was easy to get at the end of last season. However, at this time last year, not so much:

Last year, the legend xp boxes they came out with had a 40 percent chance of not even getting legend xp (but still called a "legend xp" box). I had nearly forgotten all about buying "legend xp" boxes and getting a prime draft pick which 97.5% of the time was a small amount of blue xp LOL so infuriating.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    ended up buying 8 of those Legend XP boxes to hit the 2500 in fan rewards and managed 9400 LXP out it.  Figured i did pretty well and now I should stay away from them