Balsamic Vinegar

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I don't fault you for that, I just grew up with the whip, my mom put it on everything and I wasn't raised to know better. there was an argument a few years back at work in the break room over mayo, and I walked right back out when I heard it get serious,   "it's all fun and games until someone insults another man's condiment" was all I could think.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    It's alright, but I definitely prefer some spicy brown mustard on a sandwich.  Gotta try this balsamic vinegar one of these days.
    Just no.  
    Thats why today's was so spectacular, I used Helga's fine mustard (very spicy) and lemme tell ya, its the bomb digitty

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    That's a fuckin' sammy, @matt_sackett! Dayum! 

I don't hate mayo the way contemporary snobbish foodies do. I don't mind Miracle Whip either. I tend to be more of a ham-and-turkey sandwich type of guy because I'm usually slapping something together to chow down very quickly and wouldn't want to buy all of that if I couldn't enjoy it. But I love sandwiches. And I have no issue w/ mayo on my sandwiches. 
    lol @CanadaCubs Did they at least put some flavor on it, or did you just dip it in some mayo?
    Just no.  
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I have recently become addicted to La Bomba (spicy Italian pepper spread), the stuff is fantastic on sandwiches and just about anything else. Try it - you will thank me...
    Giardinera...

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    This is a famous Primanti Bros sandwich from Pittsburgh. They all come with vinegar based slaw and fries on them. This one looks like a capocollo and cheese with an egg. 

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    bump for @Tdub71
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I disagree with whoever disagreed with the previous bump...

Edit: btw, @Base15, that sammich looks amazing.  I can't find anything half that promising down here in GA.  The closest I can get to a decent deli sandwich (of any kind) is Momma Goldberg's.  That is meh, with a little extra meh, and a heaping side of meh.

To be fair, though, the motto here seems to be "You c'n deep-fry ennythin'".
    @CanadaCubs Sounds awful.  Reminds me of any pizza at Cici's, because even with toppings on it, it's just as terrible... awesome back when I was in high school and broke though!
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The fking pizza place brought me a pizza with absolutely nothing on it!  Just a circular piece of bread. 
    😭😭😭😭😭😭 Reading this was worth the asthma attack that followed the laughter. Just priceless. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Kind of like my boxes with no players....
    The Executive Chef (wife) is under the weather, so the dishwasher (me) was left in the kitchen unsupervised.

An expert, I am not...
    Take 2.  Lunch.  Minimal supervision...

Somebody loves the pickles, eh? Where in the world is @midgetmullet nowadays, anyhow? He was the first one to give me a snarky comment on the forums, and now he's all but disappeared 🤔🧐
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    It's a texture thing.  The sauerkraut gets a little mushy when buried between the pastrami and swiss...

And that is a good question.  I have seen neither midget, nor mullet, in quite some time.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Base15 said:
    This is a famous Primanti Bros sandwich from Pittsburgh. They all come with vinegar based slaw and fries on them. This one looks like a capocollo and cheese with an egg. 

I find Primanti's to be one of the most overrated food experiences known to man. The novelty is great, sure, and it's definitely a big part of the culture here (natives memorize the location of the original Primanti's on the South Side because those visiting invariably will ask to go to the place that puts the fries in the sandwich. Only go to the original one). 

It's fast food, really nothing more than like a Bob Evans with a bar and a more unique menu. But the ingredients, the bread in particular, are astonishingly low in quality. You can see it in the pic even. It's not even that you just don't want fries in the sandwich, it's that you don't want THEIR fries at all. It's like farmers put their worst potatoes on a truck and shipped them to Wendy's's people to cut. Wendy's took the ones that met their standard, then shipped the rest to Primanti's. 

I'm really not even remotely close to being a food snob, but I won't Primanti's sandwiches. It doesn't help that I hate cole slaw (I just ask them to hold the slaw, so it's not like I eat it). 
    Tdub71 said:
    It's a texture thing.  The sauerkraut gets a little mushy when buried between the pastrami and swiss...

And that is a good question.  I have seen neither midget, nor mullet, in quite some time.
    I have a solution for your problem, another layer of pastrami and 2 more pieces of swiss, the pickles are a spectacular move IMHO.

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I work for a pittsburgh based company but live in Columbus and I have to hear about Primanti brothers on the regular. Good to hear somebody bring them down.  
    edited August 2019
    Now if were talking Out of state Deli's that are amazing, Butler Missouri features an amish deli by the name of Koehn's Bakery and their sandwiches are, nothing short of Spectacular, further east into St. Louis is Moms Deli, and they have a Salami Sandwich which is Life Affirming. But for my money and its a hefty meal both Financially and Stomachly (new word) has to be The Carnegie Deli (New York and Las Vegas)
    Because Meat...
    and then the Combo Sammie

Ran Across these bad boys when I was Cleaning out my Phone Last Weekend.   These were 2 full days worth of meals.

BTW share them with 2 or more people, I was here when I was "fat" matt and had no business eating on both of them.

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    @Cooz19 I don’t disagree. The story of why they exist is better than than the actual sandwich. They are very good at 2:00 AM after the bars tho - just like O fries. Lol. I’ve not been in that condition near a Primantis in about 20 years. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Saw this at Subway yesterday and reminded me of this post.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Apparently, I've been missing out. And now, I'm hungry. I'll be looking forward to updates and new ideas!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB took you long enough pal, welcome to the party.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    BTW....what ever happened to the OP midget mullet?  He was so keen at the start of the season..........another fallen soldier.   
    I've messaged him but radio silence.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    BTW....what ever happened to the OP midget mullet?  He was so keen at the start of the season..........another fallen soldier.   
    He was a great poster for sure. Hopefully, he'll be back soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I just bought some balsamic vinegar to add to my sandwiches. I'm pretty stoked for lunch tomorrow. 
    It’s 12:00pm somewhere in the world. Just saying
    Yeah, I'm just going to have beer for dinner. If I have the sandwich now, I'll have nothing to look forward to.