Relievers feel irrelevant

WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
See title, the game in its current state under-values relievers (especially middle and long) because of a lack of higher rated relievers. There is little incentive to level relievers at all. Even tired starters have better stats then upgraded highly rated relievers, and I don’t think I have ever seen (around 2 months playing daily) a bonus MR or LR. There are definitely dominant MRs and LRs in the MLB today, but this isn’t captured in this app.Thoughts?

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    If you have pretty dominant starters then you will most likely have little need for relievers and doubtfully more then 2 of them.
    So what their purpose?  Team strength of course!   Means nothing at the end of the day other then what you make it.   But relievers should be the the last thing you put resources into on your team.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I am in diamond and my relievers are still s10 bxp players 😳
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Not sure I'd really enjoy a game where relievers were incredibly relevant, to be honest. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    More to put resources to. I would say 🏃🏼‍♂️
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Thanks to the Petit fiasco, I now have a d10 closer! Don't bother looking at my other relievers, though 😷
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @retirepujols I traded my Petit in. Go figure.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I wasn't entirely stoked about the situation, but I suppose a capped closer isn't the worst idea. Pitchers stay on the old roster quite a bit longer than hitters, and relievers could stay the same for eternity for all I care 🤮
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    This thread changes everything for me going plat and diamond. I never even thought about relievers not playing much, so no need immediately dumping resources into them to level them. That'll save me so much in resources keeping them at G10!! Lol
    ~UNAGI~
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Eye candy...............
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    My closer has amassed a whopping 98 saves since the beginning of the year.
  • Blue1962Blue1962 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I leave my 3 relievers in the 140's and 150's..And my set-up is 202 and my closer is 230. To me the first 3 are irrelevant .  The last two I boosted so I don't give up late runs. But I hate getting relievers in the damn boxes what a waste.Thanks.BLUE1962
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Personally I believe there are built in RNG bonuses for having your whole squad maxed.....maybe imagined and maybe the improved performance is due to ........well, having a whole squad maxed.  I swear there is an uptick in performance in all event, particularly in CvC but again it could be imagined.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Here’s my diamond staff. I certainly feel that relievers are overrated