What To Expect For Weekend Boxes

UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
What are your expectations for this weekend boxes? I’m hoping for a jump in PXP, LGXP in boxes. Who do you think are the featured teams?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    💩
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Maybe Mets/Braves? Not sure what other good series are this weekend. But I’m sure it  Will be a nickname box since it is players weekend. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Watch this will be the weekend Glu reels @retirepujols back into the game 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I'm guessing something to do with players weekend / nicknames?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Nickname boxes will for sure be one.   If they do another based on a weekend series hopefully its Yankees/Dodgers.  Lots of solid player there
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I expect the people from their survey on their twitter - Thames, Pence, Stanton, Peters, Stripling, Marshall, Cimber, Bieber
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    20-something bonus players no different from those released all week and last weekend.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @dustyhunks, that has become my biggest gripe.  26 bonus players is WAY to many.  Half of that is probably still more that I would want.  

Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't buy weekend boxes for the bonus points.  If I go heavy on a box, it is because I am chasing a particular player, or 2.  I actually enjoy that part of the game.  But if they release multiple boxes that are watered down with 12 players each, I feel it completely devalues the players themselves.  

2 boxes (1 at 250 and 1 at 500), each with 1 legend, 1 top-max prime, 1 low-max prime, and 2 bxp players would be plenty.  Make the player odds of the 250 box half of the other, fill the rest in with piddly amounts of lxp, pxp, and bxp, and let it ride.

I doubt they would see a dip in spending, and that is less players they have to dream up, code, and occasionally correct, later.

Just my 2¢...

Edit: They could always add another legend, prime, and bxp player in the specials tab for $50, $30, $10, respectively.  That might entice a little more irl cash spending...
    I believe they put so many in the boxes so people can’t level them as quick and make you buy the resources 
    23 bonus player WTF!!!!!!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    and a pitty timer for 20 boxes
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Pity timer is live.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Each time I see a guy that catches my eye? Crap, it's a legend. It's like noticing a chick is hot and then, seeing the ring on her finger. Except it really is impossible. lol #diamondlife :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Each time I see a guy that catches my eye? Crap, it's a legend. It's like noticing a chick is hot and then, seeing the ring on her finger. Except it really is impossible. lol #diamondlife :(
    It's more like meeting a 10 that is only concerned with looks and money.  Then you realize you look like me, and have $10 in the bank...
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I can finally finish off my all prime Charlie Blackmon outfield.  Sweet!
    I was super-stoked to see Crimedog, but double-blowout is a downer.  Split skills like rhp/blowout would have been preferable to me.  I don't know why I care, not like I can level him to a useful level any time soon, anyway...
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts