Pity Timer is Live!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It's officially live!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1345

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Imagine that, just timed properly with the burnout displayed on the forums. They had this waiting the whole time.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Very exciting!
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    It’s it for a legend or prime? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Hmm. Now that I've had time to exhale a couple of times. The counter being reset at 20 is interesting. If you look at the odds, it doesn't compute. Or maybe I'm missing something.
    The Villians box has primes at 5% so the counter at 20 would suggest that it's set for primes. The 'nom nom' box has .5%, 2.5%, and 10% respectively for legends/primes/bxp players. Yet, the counter is also set at 20 so I'm not sure how that would work. Full disclose, I've had a very busy morning and my coffee is still full. Anyways, thoughts?
    Now, who wants to bet CVC boxes as rewards don't apply to the timer.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Thoughts are WAY to many players in the boxes 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    @superbaldy77 I can say in good faith that the boxes from CvC count. Or at least, they have. :)
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Damn a prime lefty with good WOH skills is like a unicorn. There are good lefty legends around but I would need to remortgage the house to make them useful in WOH.....
    It’s it for a legend or prime? 
    Guaranteed 'at least  a prime after 20 boxes
    @DFBB, it's all good. Sorry for being negative. Just trying to hold back my excitement and play it cool ;^)
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Why would they? They're not purchased boxes. At least that's my thinking.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m sure that we will find out at 1 when people start splurging
  • TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Says prime or better on the 20th box for both boxes, wonder how many more buy the Nom Nom for 250 gold as it would cost half the gold to hit 20.
    @superbaldy77 It's all good man. It's actually a very good question. Now that the cat is out of the bag, it's safe to disclose that the pity timer has been on for a little while. They just wanted to test the waters and make sure things go well before making it official. My friends and I tested it and it has worked as advertised. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Someone in our club bought FP, and those boxes count towards the pity timer fyi
    Says prime or better on the 20th box for both boxes, wonder how many more buy the Nom Nom for 250 gold as it would cost half the gold to hit 20.
    In my defense, that's very fine print. hah. Good eye buddy!
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Lol lol lol
    Finally instituted “my” timer and I pull Gallo on my first Nom box. 
    First time EVER
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I wonder how many have bought pre-fan rewards....(taps fingers patiently)

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

benny100 said:
    Damn a prime lefty with good WOH skills is like a unicorn. There are good lefty legends around but I would need to remortgage the house to make them useful in WOH.....
    Was really bummed when I saw Gallo was vs LHP instead of RHP
    benny100 said:
    Yeah - he was a solid prime for me last year around this time and had vs RH skill then...... 
    Anyone know if we hit the twitter vote thing? Will be interesting to see if those boxes count also if/when they are gifted
  • TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Only one prime/legend (Boggs) with the RH skill this weekend, Glu knows what alot of us are looking for.
    benny100 said:
    benny100 said:
    Yeah - he was a solid prime for me last year around this time and had vs RH skill then...... 
    Been chasing a good lefty bat for a while.  Spent 50K gold chasing Devers last month, ended up with Schwarber who is decent but not as good.  Badly need an upgrade from him
    I was desperately trying for the other unicorn and pull a switch hitter, I ended up with Grandal..so Im happy?

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If you're looking for a WOH guy that Jorge Soler will get the job done vs both L and R pitchers. I know a lot of you guys get hung up on having a natural platoon advantage, but in my experience it doesn't matter. Was using lefty McNeil against lefty Ryu forever with no issues and use righty POTM Hiura against righties with no issues, for a couple examples.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    benny100 said:
    I know that Joey Gallo would not have chosen those skills for himself. Maybe Glu should start to ask what would Joey Gallo do?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    If you're looking for a WOH guy that Jorge Soler will get the job done vs both L and R pitchers. I know a lot of you guys get hung up on having a natural platoon advantage, but in my experience it doesn't matter. Was using lefty McNeil against lefty Ryu forever with no issues and use righty POTM Hiura against righties with no issues, for a couple examples.
    Yep - hes the one I am hoping to see when I open cvc boxes
    I went through my roster today and cut all the bloat...2 Prime hitters now only if they are 420 Ill level them and work until capped...this is the jumping off point of my season. I was prime heavy and they were useless..Hope this is the turning point for my team.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    likenight said:
    Lol lol lol
    Finally instituted “my” timer and I pull Gallo on my first Nom box. 
    First time EVER
    LOL........you’re welcome!!!   
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m glad the pity timer has been released but I’m kind of disappointed by it. Sorry hate to be a downer. Guaranteed prime or better... I assumed as the vip letter stated “coolest” prize in box that you would receive the best player in the box. This timer is simply still giving you a chance at the best player in the box but only a guaranteed prime. Nothing is ever quite like they say it will be 😕