Pity Timer is Live!!!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I’m glad the pity timer has been released but I’m kind of disappointed by it. Sorry hate to be a downer. Guaranteed prime or better... I assumed as the vip letter stated “coolest” prize in box that you would receive the best player in the box. This timer is simply still giving you a chance at the best player in the box but only a guaranteed prime. Nothing is ever quite like they say it will be 😕
    I think your take is more than fair. I wasn't sure how it would work too, but from what I understand, things are fluid. It's my understanding that such things can be adjusted and I'm sure feedback will play a large role.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    If you could pick which prime you wanted after 20 boxes I think it would be a winner! Dreaming I know.....
    @benny100 I've actually had a similar dream. In my version, however, it's via HoF where after completing a cycle, I'd be able to pick the player that I'd want. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    benny100 said:
    If you could pick which prime you wanted after 20 boxes I think it would be a winner! Dreaming I know.....
    Scratch that- u would always get a prime u dont want on box 19 if that was the set up lol!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I’m glad the pity timer has been released but I’m kind of disappointed by it. Sorry hate to be a downer. Guaranteed prime or better... I assumed as the vip letter stated “coolest” prize in box that you would receive the best player in the box. This timer is simply still giving you a chance at the best player in the box but only a guaranteed prime. Nothing is ever quite like they say it will be 😕
    I think your take is more than fair. I wasn't sure how it would work too, but from what I understand, things are fluid. It's my understanding that such things can be adjusted and I'm sure feedback will play a large role.
    Thanks @DFBB with that said I’m a hopeful they will make changes in the future. Honestly happy to see it in place it’s  a step in right direction. 👍🏻🙂
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Yeah I was gonna tap all my gold away trying for that Gallo... but then I noticed the skill was against lefties.  Why make him worse than prime 420 Vogelbach, because he's a Ranger?!  It's not like Vogelbach plays somewhere better!  What a waste
    Just no.  
    Just to add some clarity on free/CVC boxes...

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    What do you guys think about the 10k fan reward?
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    @bayoubengal I think Dixon is solid, but it's tough to throw all that pxp guy at a prime that isn't at the current curve(420). That said, he's similar to my Ozzie, who does really well for me.
    I received Carlton on my 8th box which I’m thrilled with 😬. One interesting observation is the pity timer reset after pulling him 🤔. Any thoughts?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    What do you guys think about the 10k fan reward?

I wouldn't hate it if I were silver or gold and needed a 1B. Being diamond I am not leveling anyone less than 420 right now.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    "Coolness" is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm not surprised that the pity timer only guarantees at least a prime player. Soler is probably the only guy I would level so he's the coolest for me. I'm curious to see if CVC boxes will count towards the pity timer (maybe), as well as free boxes (doubt it). We are in line for a few free boxes this weekend due to the twitter nickname voting thing.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I see now that free / gifted players count -- I'm pleasantly surprised
  • joe040joe040 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Hell yeah this is awesome. Good job Glu. Everybody get on twitter and vote if you haven't already, those are free boxes!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited August 2019
    the timer got me good. 11 boxes in and nothing. Need a break until the next double gold.

Update: 19th box got McGriff
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I received Carlton on my 8th box which I’m thrilled with 😬. One interesting observation is the pity timer reset after pulling him 🤔. Any thoughts?
    Once you pull a prime or better, the timer resets. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    ....and after 20 pulls? Say it with me.... Hot. Garbage.
    I wish double CVC 350 Pujols on you all 😈
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @retirepujols, screwy you, buddy.  Got him on pull #9.  So far the only player in 9 Villains boxes, and 2 Nom Noms (that was fun to type).  That is 5 buys, 3 fan rewards, and 1 fieldpass.

I don't know if I want to keep testing my "luck", or just tap out (see what I did there) for the weekend...
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I wish double CVC 350 Pujols on you all 😈
    I wish. 0/10 on Villians. I'm done for the weekend unless I somehow squeak out some cvc's w/o a bonus player
    @retirepujols oooooh thanks buddy idk how I missed that I’m retarded🤨. I’ve only been awake for 45 mins that’s what I’ll blame it on 😉 lol 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Guys when you pull a prime or better the pity timer is supposed to reset.  what did you think was going to happen?????
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    The 390 primes and 350 bxp's are the new franchise coins.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well the pity timer gave me something good 🤷‍♂️

Tdub71 said:
    @retirepujols, screwy you, buddy.  Got him on pull #9.  
    I'm pleased they at least made Pujols undesirable for most. 😂 His 53 speed was supposed to have a decimal point in between the 5 and 3, I'm sure. Look out for an update to him 😉
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I like that, but I hate you. :|
    Grumble, grumble, grumble...  Pull #13 in the Villains box, and reset my timer.

Tdub71 said:
    @retirepujols, screwy you, buddy.  Got him on pull #9.  
    I'm pleased they at least made Pujols undesirable for most. 😂 His 53 speed was supposed to have a decimal point in between the 5 and 3, I'm sure. Look out for an update to him 😉
    If his speed actually updated to 5.3, I would cap him on principle alone...
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    @retirepujols If I do get Pujols, I'm just gonna force retire him by putting him in my inactives for the year with 0 games played.  He'll like it there!
    Just no.  
    @Tdub71 I also pulled Sanchez out of the 8 boxes I opened but the pity timer did not reset until I pulled Carlton. It absolutely did not reset when I pulled Sanchez.