I hate GLU, part 4568

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
So haven't had a player in ages, a player who will make my team in about a month and 8 weekend boxes gets me 2100 legend xp (I have no legend players) and some bxp I don't need. I don't believe the odds. I am getting 700 lxp about 90% of the time at the moment. I know that they don't give a toss, but it's very frustrating 

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    buy 20 boxes you will get "a prime"
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Disagree. Buy 20 boxes, and you will get 2 Primes. Pity Timer and Fan Rewards.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Disagree. Buy 20 boxes, and you will get 2 Primes. Pity Timer and Fan Rewards.
    not if you buy 20 nom nom boxes.  you don't get fan reward prime.

***Drops Mic***
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Ooooohhhhh.  Burn!  Lol.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Do nom nom boxes make anyone else think of Peter Sellers in the film "The Party"? ("birdie num num") I am dating myself since the film is from the 60's... 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yes.  And, yes...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @LondonBoy 8 boxes is just not enough 
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Should probably just delete the app. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Odds are odds, not guarantees or frequencies. I'd say 8 boxes isn't enough to draw any sort of conclusion anyway, except you were maybe a bit unlucky (that isn't really true either but I'm being nice). 

I'm a F2P player, so I don't get many chances in boxes. I've gotten skunked on 10 or so boxes before, I also had a weekend where I landed the top three players more often than I landed the generic common prize. Overall, without having counted, I'll bet I'm somewhere around the 5-10 percent range that their posted data support.

Some days, you're the dog, some days, you're the fire hydrant. It isn't bullsh1t unless you're under the assumption buying 10 boxes will get you everything, which isn't even close to the odds they're posting and that you're complaining about. 
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I miss the good old days (about a month ago) when you could buy those 700 gold boxes during the week with a 25% chance at a prime player...