Mike Trout Special Tyler Skaggs Jersey

Comments

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Not sure how that sounds like a millennial. To me it just sounds like a person that isn’t just blindly accepting this as a great gift. From reading these forums, isn’t this just 1800 PXP since no one above gold can level him?  Would we be super excited about a gift of 1800 PXP?  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Base15 said:
    Not sure how that sounds like a millennial. To me it just sounds like a person that isn’t just blindly accepting this as a great gift. From reading these forums, isn’t this just 1800 PXP since no one above gold can level him?  Would we be super excited about a gift of 1800 PXP?  
    If I was playing that’s exactly what it would be. 1800 PXP. I’d get more from a team winning a game in real life than that gift 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I almost feel like Karma will bite me in the ass if I trade him in. Selling a gift given to you by someone who will know for sure you sold it...
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Because the gift is for what Mike trout is doing this weekend. So it is kind of like a saver (imo).  And for you to say well thanks but it sucks because now I "have" to spend to level it is ridiculous.  I get that you may want to use him but think about the big picture of what it is about.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Fish man is doing real nice on my bronze alt team, retirepujolsdos 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    and to answer your question about how does that sound millennial .  May not be don't take this the wrong way.  But it was a "free" gift and it sounds like you are being an ungrateful sh*t.  Take it for what is worth.  I don't dislike you just how it sounded
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Base15 said:
    I decided against leveling him. At the end of the day, you're right. I'll eventually trade him in and get less than 2k pxp. That said, I think it's a great gift even if it doesn't really benefit my team. My new silver club holder loves it though. Instant cap, no thinking required. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think it’s a nice gift and nice tribute 👍🏻. Tho unfortunately I won’t be leveling him at 400 overall. 
  • jcrow22jcrow22 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    This is the nicest gift I can remember.  Nice gesture by Glu, but the part of me that can never have nice things wonders if this means that 400 players are now obsolete in WOH.  Which would stink because my best lefty is a 400 player (Matt Olson). 
    I had the same thought.  Great move by Glu if he’s useful after the weekend. 
    Metsicans said:
    This is the nicest gift I can remember.  Nice gesture by Glu, but the part of me that can never have nice things wonders if this means that 400 players are now obsolete in WOH.  Which would stink because my best lefty is a 400 player (Matt Olson). 
    I wouldn't get caught up with the max overalls. Imo, that's one of the biggest 'mistakes' that I see. Instead, I just worry about the skills and actual ratings. For example, I have a 420 max Escobar, but I always use my 400 max Ozzie against the toughest lefys in HoF. Today's box has a 420 max Soler and even though he's awesome, I wouldn't use him over Olsen(400 max) against rightys.
    Fair enough. I suppose I could have phrased it better. I’m grateful for any gift. I was merely pointing out that without the resources to level it, it’s really not a good as seems to be.  

I really didn’t consider the symbolism of the gift so I apologize if that seemed insensitive. I, of course, feel for the friends and family; but no more than I do for anyone else that loses a loved one and honors them without the publicity. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Fair enough. I suppose I could have phrased it better. I’m grateful for any gift. I was merely pointing out that without the resources to level it, it’s really not a good as seems to be.  

I really didn’t consider the symbolism of the gift so I apologize if that seemed insensitive. I, of course, feel for the friends and family; but no more than I do for anyone else that loses a loved one and honors them without the publicity. 
    Do you ever buy boxes? Do you ever get players you don’t have full resources to cap? Then do you complain about that too? This was a freaking FREE GIFT, yet you’re trying to find something wrong with it? Amazing!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited August 2019
    I wasn’t really complaining about it. I thought I just cleared that up. 

And everyone is complaining about getting players they can’t level. Everyone. There has to be 300 posts about it this week. 
    Base15 said:
    I wasn’t really complaining about it. I thought I just cleared that up. 

And everyone is complaining about getting players they can’t level. Everyone. There has to be 300 posts about it this week. 
    without the resources to level it, it’s really not a good as seems to be.” Sounds like complaining to me. You got a 400 Prime for nothing, say thank you and drop it. But quit trying to trash a free gift.
    Yes sir. I’ll do better going forward. 
    edited August 2019
    Sheesh. I thought @Base15 made a pretty valid, and slightly humor-based, point. No need to dig into the guy, he's not asking how to become VIP 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Sheesh. I thought @Base15 made a pretty valid, and slightly humor-based, point. No need to dig into the guy, he's not asking how to become VIP 😂
    agree
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    I wouldn't get caught up with the max overalls. Imo, that's one of the biggest 'mistakes' that I see. Instead, I just worry about the skills and actual ratings. For example, I have a 420 max Escobar, but I always use my 400 max Ozzie against the toughest lefys in HoF. Today's box has a 420 max Soler and even though he's awesome, I wouldn't use him over Olsen(400 max) against rightys.

I agree with you in theory, but I've always had the sense that "outdated" top end players are less effective than higher rated players that were released more recently.  In WOH, it seems to me that a 420 overall player with RISP and RHP skills does better than 400 Olson with double RHP skills, even though RISP isn't always active at the later stages of WOH.

That's not empirical, just anecdotal.  I could be wrong. 

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    btw I just caught myself counting the box "rocking" opening that damn box knowing I was getting trout.  WTH is wrong with me.
    Counting the shakes? Seems a bit superstitious.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:

I agree with you in theory, but I've always had the sense that "outdated" top end players are less effective than higher rated players that were released more recently.  In WOH, it seems to me that a 420 overall player with RISP and RHP skills does better than 400 Olson with double RHP skills, even though RISP isn't always active at the later stages of WOH.

That's not empirical, just anecdotal.  I could be wrong. 

Some in my club believe in that theory too. Personally, I just go with the numbers. Thing is, that's part of what makes the game fun for me. Different takes keep the game fresh.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Base15 said:
    All you need to use your free Mike Trout is $1000 worth of PXP. It seems like a generous gift, but is it?
    You sound like a millennial 
    Millennials are between the ages of 23 and 38 right now. As a Millennial myself I see people constantly screw this up when they mean someone from Gen Z who is 22 or younger.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Base15 said:
    All you need to use your free Mike Trout is $1000 worth of PXP. It seems like a generous gift, but is it?
    You sound like a millennial 
    Millennials are between the ages of 23 and 38 right now. As a Millennial myself I see people constantly screw this up when they mean someone from Gen Z who is 22 or younger.
    Honestly people just like to default to calling someone a millennial if they decide to question anything or look beyond the obvious.
  • WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Gotta love the support in honoring the man!
    edited August 2019
    I'm a millennial 🙋🏻‍♂️ I think @Base15 is actually an old dude 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I am an old dude.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    "Eric Stratton, Rush President.  Damn glad to meet you."
    Base15 said:
    I am an old dude.
    And I’m an even older dude that loves free stuff and can’t stand it when others seem to complain about free stuff. That being said, my apologies for going off on ya. Old & cranky applies here 😎
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    "Eric Stratton, Rush President.  Damn glad to meet you."
    I'm right on the fringe of the Millennial classification and I feel like I I harbor traits of both. But this is still a classic quote from a classic movie, and I don't think Millennials will laugh at it. 
    Whoa. I thought you were a lady @tshea510 🤔 I wonder what percentage of my presumptions on all of you are actually correct 🧐 I'm starting to think the odds of pulling a legend may be greater 
    Whoa. I thought you were a lady @tshea510 🤔 I wonder what percentage of my presumptions on all of you are actually correct 🧐 I'm starting to think the odds of pulling a legend may be greater 
    Wow! Just Wow! Usually nothing makes me speechless, congrats @retirepujols you did the impossible 😂