Pity Timer is Live!!!

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Mine sure as shit did...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I heard when you play CvC with this version of Pujols he will bat somewhere around .225 but you still get the 1st place rewards until you turn 45.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited August 2019
    That's really the question, then, as @mythicaldragon and @Tdub71 are laying out. What would you get on Box 20 if you went 0-for-19? A legend or a prime? 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well the pity timer gave me something good 🤷‍♂️

@co@Cooz19
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @Cooz19 that’s a good question i assume as it states guaranteed prime or better meaning legend. Luckily I didn’t make it to 20 to find out lol  I think that’s what confused me earlier as the timer did not reset when I pulled Sanchez but did when I pulled Carlton 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited August 2019
    So I have a theory about this pity timer. Someone on another thread before said your pulls may depend on your resources. Which after today I believe. Why? Because I have about 300K bxp and pxp and had 32k gold before blowing 9250 for a bonus player with no much upside for me. Two friends of mine both got players within their first two pulls. One friend has no resources at all, and the other has a fair amount. Just thinking.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @mythicaldragon It only resets once a prime/legend is pulled, which will always happen by the 20th box or sooner. Bxp players have no effect on the timer.

@slafrance2 That theory has floated around for some time. I'm not sure what do believe. I don't make decisions based on that theory, but I can't ignore the coincidences either. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB I mean i could also be bitter I spent that much for much of no reason at all lol
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    the weak point of that theory is the fact that a lot of people (myself included) have lots of bxp accumulated and still, 350max players are pretty easy to pull. We should be pulling legends and primes based on that rule.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I love the idea of the pity timer but not sure if I’ll use it. I would love to see it on the mega prime xp box. 
    @tocopan18 I don't think I can argue that, but maybe because they're 350 and many may not need them? Not sure.
    @slafrance2 I have 350k pxp pulled Sanchez on box four 16k ish lxp pulled Carlton in box 8. 
    Pobably a mil in bxp (if I purged my ina and opened drafts) pulled one bxp player.
    Well my friend I'm bitter towards you're resource you now lol ;-) @mythicaldragon

I mean again I don't know what to believe. Before today i would've said that was hog wash, but after spending all that gold with my friends at work I just got to thinking about that theory that floated around.

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Hopefully the will make some adjustments to the pity timers after this weekend. Either reduce the required 20 for the 500 gold or increase the required for the 250 gold. It seems unfair that you could get a legend or a prime for 20 boxes in both cases.
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    they should deff make it 10 boxes for the 500 gold boxes

"Never take your eye off the underdog"
    Was chasing Boggs in need of a legend lefty with good woh skills but landed this guy instead 
    edited August 2019
    @mythicaldragon, bastard...  JK.

Edit:. I am 0-for-30k casing the 4 weekend legends.  Guess it just wasn't meant to be.  And since I am in a club that shares CVC, not a lot of hope in landing one in a freebie.  Oh well.  Que Sera, Sera...
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    These idiots are off their rockers.. Drop a mountain of gold for the chance of a terrible prime?? 20 boxes is about 15 too many. 

The greed of this company grows every day. This is why their stock continues to PLUMMET. They have lost a ton of bookings (players paying), and they try to make up for it by gouging current players. 
    @Tdub71 damn that’s rough buddy. I feel very fortunate then I’ve spent 30k wanted that chicken man so bad 😮. 2 legends I’ll take it and call it a weekend and save the gold I have left. Got a good bracket this weekend sitting in 1st. I better enjoy it I know a drought is around the corner... 😬
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Before you could (and I have many times) go 0-28 or worse before today, at least at 20 you get something (whether it’s what you want or not is up to the individual and what you’re looking for).  Glu definitely is a bit greedy but I’m not going to bang on them for at least throwing us a brittle bone with the pity meter.  The issue is (me included) is that a lot of us are crispy fried burnt out and the frustration is bubbling over quickly.  Now how does that remedy itself?  For me I’ve cut down on my gameplay 30-50% this week and I’m finding out I’m getting 80% of my output in terms of BGs etc as I’m playing in focused 30-90 minute bursts instead of living on the app.  Now if that doesn’t work for me? I’ll find something else to spend my time on no use for me getting so frustrated with things that it gets me angry.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Amazing, I got good ole Brandon Kintzler on box 18.  He should help me out with WoH!  Does anyone really need a relief pitcher??  Mine never play anymore.  Guess that's a good 1802 of pxp
    Just no.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    These idiots are off their rockers.. Drop a mountain of gold for the chance of a terrible prime?? 20 boxes is about 15 too many. 

The greed of this company grows every day. This is why their stock continues to PLUMMET. They have lost a ton of bookings (players paying), and they try to make up for it by gouging current players. 
    I don’t know why you would complain about them actually making certain the odds hold true. The odds, so it would seem because I can’t actually check, are the same on the 500 gold box and actually better on the 250 box if you get one every 20 there. The 250 box was only a 3% chance last I looked which is 1/33 instead of 1/20. 

And this includes free boxes boxes as well, which you can get a lot of from cvc. 

I don’t know why you would complain about them actually making certain the odds hold true. The odds, so it would seem because I can’t actually check, are the same on the 500 gold box and actually better on the 250 box if you get one every 20 there. The 250 box was only a 3% chance last I looked which is 1/33 instead of 1/20. 

And this includes free boxes boxes as well, which you can get a lot of from cvc. 
    Omg @Bigpredfan I’m more mad now that you brought up that genius last point. Why did I spent 10k when were getting free boxes from the Twitter jawn and when I win CvC ugh lol
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well the pity timer gave me something good 🤷‍♂️

@co@Cooz19
    I’m hunting 
    Just pulled Boggs from video achievements. My first legend of the season. Don't know what to do with him, I have a capped 420 prime Longoria at 3rd and a capped Pence at DH.
    If you have the lxp to cap him at your level, he is worth benching Pence, imo.  
    Tdub71 said:
    If you have the lxp to cap him at your level, he is worth benching Pence, imo.  
    Thanks, I was thinking the same and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Went Diamond tonight along with FP, so I kinda went for these hard. Took me all 20 for the Nom Nom box to get Prime Suarez.  Then took 19 for Villains box to get Prime Sanchez, but luckily I got Manny along the way who I wanted the most anyway. Some freebies along the way but jeez. I won't be doing that again lol
  • Dpow14Dpow14 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Was excited to see this finally released but after looking back would’ve love it to be 10 not 20 but they did say “Example” in the vip newsletter. Still needs adjusting @DFBB excited 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Dpow14 I'm a big fan of the pity timer. When I really want to chase something, I won't be a scared. haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.