The VIP Council: Fun, Fun and More Fun!!!

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The one legend I have is silver 6 (diamond team)
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I agree with @cubschampions2016 but of course I happen to be silver 🤣 and absolutely see no reason whatsoever to go past silver with the way resources are. Omg so glad I stayed silver cuz I was in the fence a month ago. Anyway.. I can cycle hof with without much trouble..Level my players and never have to worry about should I level this guy or that guy? Nope.. I just level them! And if im short on lxp buy some gold deals and the leveling discount. Yes even silver teams run short on lxp 🤷🏻‍♂️. Tho it’s definitely not the crisis y’all are experiencing in diamond and plat. So in short..sure I’m ok with losing 9 of 10 bonus and tournament games (that I never enjoyed playing anyway) in return for having the best players in the game and being able to level them. Call me crazy I guess?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Silver is a no brainer at least for me 😐 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I think I would rather chase the resources than the player. The resources will eventually come but the player there is no guarantee. I like having a couple players on the bench and picking and choosing to level instead of just leveling everyone I want. I am a silver 103k team with a team full of capped primes but the past couple of weeks with the decrease in prime xp I have started having to choose who I level. I beat hof on Monday and couldn’t level Legend sax which sucks but at least I have someone who I can level once I have the xp instead of the xp just piling up and up and no new players to improve the team. 
    Here’s the thing.......

Last year it was possible to get a lot of resources just via playing.....WOH, Slugfest, Events, CVC....resources were not that hard to get.  You ALSO could pull a player a week from WOH, doubling that when Royale got up and running.  This meant it was entirely possible to build a very good team with not much/any money spent just by cycling woh with a little CvC thrown in.  I believe this was viewed by the developers as an opportunity lost and they’ve flipped the script now to address what was a problem issue for them and a gaping loophole for us..........it is such so that I personally get 5-10 primes a week from various sources;  issue is the resources to level then and their control over those resources (selling them) .
    Cooz19 said:
    If you want the chase. How about you now get out of silver and move up a tier or two.  Then you may know what it’s  like to really not be able to level a player.  Silver? Really and complaining about resources.  
    I’ll second that!  People in silver should not complain about resources. Ridiculous 
    Ahhh...silver was so much fun...
    My holding account (doesn’t even play or spend) is 68k, with nearly all primes that have come free from boxes, is silver.  I can land a prime player and upgrade them to the cap without blinking an eye.  No excuses 
    My holder team is bronze and over 50k now.  
    I agree with @cubschampions2016 but of course I happen to be silver 🤣 and absolutely see no reason whatsoever to go past silver with the way resources are. Omg so glad I stayed silver cuz I was in the fence a month ago. Anyway.. I can cycle hof with without much trouble..Level my players and never have to worry about should I level this guy or that guy? Nope.. I just level them! And if im short on lxp buy some gold deals and the leveling discount. Yes even silver teams run short on lxp 🤷🏻‍♂️. Tho it’s definitely not the crisis y’all are experiencing in diamond and plat. So in short..sure I’m ok with losing 9 of 10 bonus and tournament games (that I never enjoyed playing anyway) in return for having the best players in the game and being able to level them. Call me crazy I guess?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Silver is a no brainer at least for me 😐 
    I disagreed and that is 100% due to bonus and tournament games.  I play in competitive clubs and you just can’t put up a dog poo Thursday total and tell the rest of the boys you can’t win a game.....sorry!   Not going to cut it.  Played BGs today (I’m plat) for Royale for 2h solid and lost once.  That’s the return I’m paying for in blood....  LOL
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @bigvivec I get that sure if you are in big time club gotta produce. I spent all of last year and the first part of this year in a always top ten usually first club. Thursdays and sometimes Wednesday’s depending on what’s bonus players I had were definitely my least favorite day. I had to have hundreds and hundreds of bonus games and good bonus players just to put up decent points. I was always able to get by..tho I never led the club on those days. Monday, Tuesday and weekends were my days. Now I sit in a plat club solo and I love it! Cycle hof on Monday cruise through the week open free cvc boxes take what the game gives me etc..buy a few 2.99 specials..and drop 30k on the weekend. My gameplay isn’t about keeping up with the club anymore it’s 100% about building my team and I’m building my team from hof and weekends. So my mind set is now..Bonus games and tournaments what are those?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Honestly being platinum or diamond this year seems like quite a let down despite all the hype early in the year. Lots of unhappy people and lots quitting. Being plat or diamond so you can win bonus/tournament games is a hella price to pay. Definitely paying in blood... lol 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I'm only going diamond for the "free" gold. I look at it as trading in vid grinding for the BG/Tournament cycle. I'm actual kind of excited to see how horrible it is. If it's not, great! I get gold without watching these awful ads and if it is, great! I will stop playing. As it stands now Monday is all I look forward to. Just cycling and getting the player is still satisfying to me. The 200k bxp is nice too.

That is if they still offer the classic reward as a bxp player.....otherwise the faucet is off and primes will be the new black.  
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @DFBB

Did anyone happen to ask about an auto-open all feature for draft picks?  To me it simply isn't time efficient, especially during WOH to open every pick right after you win it, and after a week or so of grinding WOH and bonus games,  opening all those 2nd/late round picks becomes a grind in itself.  It would be nice to be able to take care of it all at once when they're all going to become XP anyway.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats Dang dude, I guess you didn't read all the posts here, huh? Haha. I asked about it and even showed them my unopen draft picks(over 23k). Unfortunately, I was told that it could potentially be too taxing on the servers. For example, if lots of people did it at the same time, the end result wouldn't be good.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I'm only going diamond for the "free" gold. I look at it as trading in vid grinding for the BG/Tournament cycle. I'm actual kind of excited to see how horrible it is. If it's not, great! I get gold without watching these awful ads and if it is, great! I will stop playing. As it stands now Monday is all I look forward to. Just cycling and getting the player is still satisfying to me. The 200k bxp is nice too.

As you've seen, the honeymoon phase that is diamond wore off rather quickly with many. That said, I want to reiterate that if you have time(especially on Mondays), it's absolutely the best tier. Obviously, that's my opinion and again, it's dependent on how much time you have and how much you are willing to grind.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats Dang dude, I guess you didn't read all the posts here, huh? Haha. I asked about it and even showed them my unopen draft picks(over 23k). Unfortunately, I was told that it could potentially be too taxing on the servers. For example, if lots of people did it at the same time, the end result wouldn't be good.
    I think the better option would be to replace the picks as rewards with just the BXP average then. Instead of giving someone in diamond a late round pick as a reward for winning a bonus game, or walk-off round, just make it 25 BXP. Make it 75 BXP for a 2nd round pick and leave the other picks the way they currently are. No one builds up their team with players from those picks in reality 
    DFBB said:
    I think the better option would be to replace the picks as rewards with just the BXP average then. Instead of giving someone in diamond a late round pick as a reward for winning a bonus game, or walk-off round, just make it 25 BXP. Make it 75 BXP for a 2nd round pick and leave the other picks the way they currently are. No one builds up their team with players from those picks in reality 
    That was actually talked about as well. The guy in charge is still considering options.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    DFBB said:

As you've seen, the honeymoon phase that is diamond wore off rather quickly with many. That said, I want to reiterate that if you have time(especially on Mondays), it's absolutely the best tier. Obviously, that's my opinion and again, it's dependent on how much time you have and how much you are willing to grind.
    Monday will mark 2 weeks for me in diamond so I guess I am still honeymooning. But this is definitely the best tier to play the game. WOH is a blast and I’ve enjoyed focusing on cycling D6 more than chasing players. I went through D1-6 in two days but have slowed down to cycling every other day or so now. 

What I am most surprised with is that my winning percentage jumped from .88 to .93. I figured it would take a hit with playing so many BGs, but the opposite has happened. 

With winning so easy I am wondering if I work on my Keepers (currently at P1) next or pitching so that I can compete in Season games? 

Also for the regular D6 cyclers...what the least amount of cash needed to cycle D6? I have my hitting at 84 but haven’t leveled up the other hitting skills past 60/70. I have about 3 million now and just started a new D6. 

PS—a new system for lower picks would be much welcomed and save a bunch of time. 
    @JTTeams I've been in diamond for over 2 months...and the honeymoon phase is still strong! lol

Your win% will jump because your matchups didn't change. You're likely facing mostly gold and platinum teams and well, you're now a diamond team. On top of that, you can currently block the 'good' teams and you'd avoid them altogether in bonus games. It's not something I do personally, but it's certainly a viable strategy. 

If you want to compete in season games, you will have to use @JEDDDOGGY's method. Tank your TS. I've won two finals since going that route and I only lose when I get lazy about swapping out players. It's silly, but the higher your TS, the tougher season mode becomes. Basically, make sure you have a reliable ace. That's all you need.

Keepers....I can't stress them enough. If you have ideal keepers, I'd invest in them. Bxp is precious when you first reach diamond. Once your team is fully capped, however, you'll find that you no longer care about it. You're a ways away from that, but just something to be mindful of. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For me I don’t mind grinding (closing in on 70,000 total games played).  With that said I’ve only played 2200 as of the moment, and will probably get the other 750ish wins I need so I can have some gold for Monday.  In a typical week that number approaches 5,000 but the honeymoon has kinda ended (been diamond for about 7 weeks).  It started to become hey I need 1000 wins by Wednesday, another 1,000-1500 on Thursday, and 2,000+ on the weekend and well you start to see that other things you need/want to do starts not getting done combined with some burnout.
    @DFBB

Whoops, my bad!  I checked this page and went back and just skimmed pages 1 and 2 and must have missed it.  Thanks for asking about it!
    DFBB said:

I have nothing but time next weekend so this combined with the holiday should give me an opportunity to hit the ground running. If the last few weeks since legends dropped were any indication I dont think outside of next weekend I will be pressed to fill my team with new players. Meaning if I’m successful with adding a couple players capped and the following week’s WoH goes well I won’t need to worry about the next weekend box and I can cycle D6 at my leisure. I will be sitting on so much cash from BG’s and WoH due to making jump with stockpile of BG’s in hand, no need for tournaments yet. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    My justification for staying gold is three-fold:

1) Mondays and Wednesdays are the 2 worst days for me time-wise.  If I get in more than one cycle on either day, it is a major achievement.  That leaves me just grinding bonus games and tourneys without the major payoff that it seems like WOH can be for most diamond players.

2) One if the big takeaways from a lot of the conversation I have seen on here is that platinum seems to be no-man's-land.  Just the purgatory between gold and the heaven/hell of diamond.  Not sure if I am really interested in that...

3) I enjoy chasing the freshly-released studs, and leveling them to use quickly.  This seems to be almost impossible in diamond (and very tough in platinum).  Gold was a little stale when the top prime max seemed to sit at 400 forever, but with 420s and legends out, I am enjoying the chase again.

I am trying to keep a solid resource base, in case I change my mind later, but I still like where I am.
    @Tdub71 I totally agree with everything you just said. If you don't have the time on Mondays/Weds, diamond really isn't that great imo. In fact, it would be awful. haha
    @dfbb, I almost got talked into it.  @retirepujols almost pulled the Jedi mind trick on me.  Luckily I have impulse-control issues, and couldn't resist leveling my shiny new toy when the first 420s dropped.  I was on the fence, and had enough resources to compete quickly, but burned enough pxp to stall the move.
    edited August 2019
    @dfbb, as our resident Yoda, which player do you prefer, based solely on their b1 profiles, and availability?  I have a want, but not a need, for either.

Edit: The players in question being Fisk or Boggs.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @DFBB Did anyone happen to mention the camera-panning / freeze issue in CvC that causes you to lose your round points? This happened to me twice this weekend, one of them being my highest round ever. It sucks to get a great autoplay and then spend 20 minutes manually playing out the continues only to lose it all. Also, I may miss a field pass tier because of this. Every other game mode you do not lose your progress if the game crashes and you have to restart the app, so to me this should be something they should be able to fix. Yet, it’s been an issue even since the very inception of CvC.
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    That was actually talked about as well. The guy in charge is still considering options.
    @DFBB
    Seems like an easy fix.  Just have a small "trade in all" button next to the open button.  Figure out an "average" XP for a player of that pick, and award that amount times the number of picks and take away the picks.  

Example, player has 1,000 2nd round picks.  Let's say average XP is maybe 40 per pick.  Click on trade in all button, system asks for confirmation, "Trade in 1,000 2nd round picks for 40,000 XP?"  If you tap yes, picks removed from your items and 40,000 blue XP added.  Simple.  

Although I'm not in networking....but that seems feasible to me without crashing anything.
    My thinking would be the bulk trade-in would devalue draft picks considerably in Glu's favor, meaning it would be more beneficial to grind through and trade them in manually than all at once. I could see it being for 50% less than what they are worth.

Whether or not it could be done, I have no idea. But it seems like the player isn't known until you actually tap the draft pick, so there is a call to register that pick from your device to Glu's infrastructure (who knows however many actual connections or exchanges of data are made, there's probably some authentication or connection re-establishment at some level) that logs that transaction. We've all experienced how often at times this could take considerable time so doing that for 1k picks all at once would effectively DDoS Glu, even just from a couple tens or hundreds of devices. Could also impact the network each device is utilizing whether home WiFi or LTE. Feels like this is a feature for another version if it means a total re-write of the draft pick system.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    My thinking would be the bulk trade-in would devalue draft picks considerably in Glu's favor, meaning it would be more beneficial to grind through and trade them in manually than all at once. I could see it being for 50% less than what they are worth.
    I've thought that maybe the license with MLBPA carries with it some sort of requirement that players get a certain amount of face time in the game. If that's not the case, no one in charge of the product could possibly see any value in opening late-round picks one at a time. I'd even argue late-round picks carry with them no value at all, if it's not to ensure total duds like 1-star nobody Jesus Reyes gets his face in the game. Just give us 17 xp after winning a bonus game. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB Did anyone happen to mention the camera-panning / freeze issue in CvC that causes you to lose your round points? This happened to me twice this weekend, one of them being my highest round ever. It sucks to get a great autoplay and then spend 20 minutes manually playing out the continues only to lose it all. Also, I may miss a field pass tier because of this. Every other game mode you do not lose your progress if the game crashes and you have to restart the app, so to me this should be something they should be able to fix. Yet, it’s been an issue even since the very inception of CvC.
    I'm not sure why I didn't respond earlier. Sorry about that @JEDDDOGGY. That particular bug didn't come up, but in general it appears that they're still working things out. I'll ask about that today.

@Wicked0Wildcats There was talk about adjusting rewards from the draft picks straight to xp. I'm not sure if it will get implemented this year, but they're definitely mulling options.

@Cooz19 I saw no indication that players needed 'face time.' As mentioned above, your idea is being considered. 

@dustyhunks I'm not an IT guy either, but a 'simple' trade all feature for the current version would be anything but simple. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Sounds like they aren't doing but blowing more smoke up our @#@s, chances are we wont see any impactful changes till the MLB season is over  when they  are desperate to keep their customers playing. Its almost September and they game hasn't gotten better since the AS break its gotten worse. We went from 15% pull rates for primes with higher amount of pxp per box misses to what we have now. Whatever went on in SF seemed like nothing more then a way for them to save face by inviting some VIPs and calling it a "VIP Council Meeting". I respect @DFBB alot but in my opinion and I bring on the DISAGREES cause i dont really care. It was all a PR stunt.  They aren't going to make the game better, I've accepted that that. Seen to many good friends like @Bigpredfan @Houmy all step away because the game just isn't what it should be.

Call it whatever you want,  bottom line is they wont have many players returning for 2020 if they dont change their ways. I think they were doing an amazing job prior to the AS break. Better odds, better box XP amounts. But they have gone they other way since then. If they were "SMART" increase the amount of XP amounts since they wont give any away by earning in WOH, and you will see how much more people will be spending on that alone.  Currently, most diamond teams spend their  d6 gold on 1 thing. Mega Boxes and LXP boxes. If I make 20-30k gold a week by cycling D6 I usually spend it all on pxp boxes or lxp boxes because the amount required to level players is insane.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @dustyhunks I'm not an IT guy either, but a 'simple' trade all feature for the current version would be anything but simple. 

Assuming they use any one of the contemporary development toolkits that are available nowadays, this would entail adding a button to that view and the callback function to apply the XP to the players account. My estimate is 2 hours of application development time plus another 2 hours for a designer to create whatever "success" message that would be displayed.

**source: I am a senior-level web & application developer with 16 years experience**

LOL @DFBB I'm not trying to be snooty, but this definitely isn't some sort of mid-to-large project to add a button and the logic to apply the XP to the player's account in the click event handler. They can do this if they want to. However, in software development, things don't just go to the front of the queue because they are easy. They go to the front of the queue if they are important. I'm guessing that despite how easy this might be, it's been buried somewhere deep in the backlog because it just isn't something they see as a priority of any kind whatsoever.
    @JEDDDOGGY The IT stuff isn't my thing so I'll defer to you.