Never once compensated; $3,000 spent, All Star Level 14

ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
edited August 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I was looking through the Google play reviews.....
Never once did anyone mention that there is a ZERO tolerance refund policy, EVEN when the mistake is on the game itself????
Restarts at level 9-9 in WOH, no compensation......42 boxes at $200, 1 prime player, no compensation.
Why were these not in the reviews.....or else I may not have spent as much.....Were they removed or edited?

Just curious,
Orb74

p.s. "Forwarding these concerns to the development team" , after working as a tech support manager for 24 years at the #1 telecom company in America is equivalent to being thrown in the wastebasket.....  
Prev1

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Do you even like playing this game?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Maybe it is the way you’re asking. I inadvertently evolved a keeper to plat from gold last week and contacted CS to see if they would compensate me for the mistake though I didn’t expect anything. To my surprise they did and restored my resources. I also made a point to keep ticket open and thank them effusively. Catch more flies with honey...
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’d be complaining about having to go to 9-9 for WOH more than any refunds honestly 
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    You should delete the app IMO
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I've noticed this guy will complain and then, I'm assuming, he's the one disagreeing with every comment on his post, regardless of the comment. I feel he enjoys bitching about the game and doesn't like anyone who enjoys the game. That's my take from his last few posts I've seen. Some people just can't be pleased.

Edit-  Also, I'm hoarding resources at the moment. Was opening my improve boxes from my cvc win and accidentally hit the buy again button. Contacted cs and they reversed the purchase and gave my 300 gold back.
    ~UNAGI~
    Here is what I’ve learned from my time on the forums. 

Complaining without actions is just complaining.  It is very easy to come on here and complain about the way things are, but it is much harder to change. It comes down to this, if you don’t like the product the company is selling, or don’t like the way they do business, then stop doing business with that company. 

He he said he got a prime in 42 boxes. This weekend last year I went 0/50 on the nickname boxes, not even a BXP player. Why should you get a refund when you buy boxes?  No one forced you to click the boxes, just like no one forced you to spend money. 

@ORBBIRDS joined the forums on March 12, 13 days before the US release of TSB19, he has seen all the complaints already. 

Btw: day 7 of TSB free for me. Putting a new grill together and spending the money I would have spent on the app to buy good steaks to cook hibachi style tonight 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Love it buddy, enjoy the steaks.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'd love to see the grill 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    For the record, I just agreed with every post, except OP, just to even the score a bit.
    I’ll send a nice picture for y’all tonight then. I’ve been getting small bits of info from hibachi chefs for the last month or so. 

Shrimp size: 26/30
    steaks: little salt/pepper and soy sauce from one of them. 
    Middle of grill temp: 600. 
    Fried rice: lots of butter and soy sauce. 

They don't know I'm stealing all of this so I don’t have to come see them anymore. 
    edited August 2019
    You know- I do a fair bit of whining and complaining on here myself, so I understand when others do the same. It's easy to become frustrated with different aspects of this game, and the forum is probably the only place many can talk about these frustrations with people that understand/can relate. 

I've never made it to 9-9, so congrats, but I've had the "oops.. we need to restart" on other levels and rounds countless times and it is very frustrating to restart at round 1 of that level. There is a reason for this, however, as people can't be trusted and will exploit anything they can.

When you have bad luck on boxes, you just need to find a point where you realize those boxes aren't for you and save your bread for another duck. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I’ll send a nice picture for y’all tonight then. I’ve been getting small bits of info from hibachi chefs for the last month or so. 

Shrimp size: 26/30
    steaks: little salt/pepper and soy sauce from one of them. 
    Middle of grill temp: 600. 
    Fried rice: lots of butter and soy sauce. 

They don't know I'm stealing all of this so I don’t have to come see them anymore. 
    So where's the party? I'll bring beer!
    ~UNAGI~
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    ORBBIRDS said:
    Never once did anyone mention that there is a ZERO tolerance refund policy, EVEN when the mistake is on the game itself????
    Restarts at level 9-9 in WOH, no compensation......42 boxes at $200, 1 prime player, no compensation.
    Why were these not in the reviews.....or else I may not have spent as much.....Were they removed or edited?

Just curious,
    Orb74

p.s. "Forwarding these concerns to the development team" , after working as a tech support manager for 24 years at the #1 telecom company in America is equivalent to being thrown in the wastebasket.....  
    If you're referring to the 'oops, we have to restart' bug, that's super annoying and I can definitely understand the frustration. Personally, I just accept that I'll encounter it once or twice per event. My guess is that the refund policy is universal in part, to avoid a can of worms that would inevitably pop if there were exceptions. As far as your box pulls, it's my opinion that an rng-based game that refunded players based on bad pulls will be out of business quick.
    The whole forwarding concerns to the development team can be utterly frustrating in large part because we don't really know if that's what they did and seeing the same responses across the board to other users reinforces that feeling. On top of that, it also means our ticket is being closed and we didn't get it resolved the way we had hoped/expected. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Happens at-least once or twice per woh, its funny but it only happens on 4-10 5-10 or 610. I can never recall getting that error  on early rounds. Coincidence?  Hell no
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    ORBBIRDS said:

Just curious,
    Orb74

My guess is that the refund policy is universal in part, to avoid a can of worms that would inevitably pop if there were exceptions. 
    Last year, early in the year, I knew several people who would complain about a lag in WOH even if there wasn’t one. The would get the gold from restarts back. Then they stopped refunding the gold. People would use 20 restarts because they could always get the gold back the next day. It was abused and then Glu stopped that. 

If I ever truly felt as though I was cheated out of my gold I bought with money, I went the Apple refund route, not the Glu route, and got my money back 
    dkarski87 said:
    Happens at-least once or twice per woh, its funny but it only happens on 4-10 5-10 or 610. I can never recall getting that error  on early rounds. Coincidence?  Hell no
    Happened to me on 5.9 of hof with moncada each cycle last week. Nowhere else, just with moncada at 5.9- no fail.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Remember - there's no crying in baseball

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Big predator where the invite ?
    2003cobra said:
    Big predator where the invite ?
    In the mail. CS can give you updates 
    I guess I’ll be waiting a while. Although last night they fixed an issue in less that 1 hour after u sent it in. Props to them. 
    I think that he’s mad because he had at least 9 levels on woh
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I can’t believe you made the Mrs. slay the shrooms Daniel.  I’m guessing not all the shrooms were on the grill is why you stepped away for a bit.  Hmmm hmmm? 
    NotToday said:
    I can’t believe you made the Mrs. slay the shrooms Daniel.  I’m guessing not all the shrooms were on the grill is why you stepped away for a bit.  Hmmm hmmm? 
    I was missing mushrooms!!!!  I knew I forgot something for the veggies (which turned out the best of all those items BTW). 

We all kinda took turns cooking on it. Brother-in-law did some, wife did some, I did some. Those things get really hot. We had small bowls as we were cooking to taste things as we went along. Gotta do more research on the rice. Something was just off with the texture there. 

This week its gonna be used one night for breakfast foods. Lots of pancakes and bacon on that bad boy 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I think that he’s mad because he had at least 9 levels on woh
    Dammit, I came in here just to point out to everyone we all would be pissed if we had to play nine rounds of woh to cycle. 
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts

Mmm … unexplained bacon”“Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals.”  “Is it Bacon Day?”

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    NotToday said:

Mmm … unexplained bacon”“Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals.”  “Is it Bacon Day?”

"Sir, Hardee's doesn't do Bacon Day anymore..."
    This is pleasant.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Balsamic hibachi?  Intriguing...
    Will balsamic vinaigrette play a part in this BPF?  This thread went from a pointless complaint, to a culinary adventure...just saying
    Probably not to be honest. I’ll never say never though. I’ve got a lot of experimenting to do on this new cooking surface. Last night was the first time I’ve ever fried an egg. I used soy and teriyaki sauce last night. I may soon use some BBQ sauce on some sausage and some chicken this week along with breakfast night. Need to learn how to get the teriyaki sauce to thicken up some (my wife remembers asking a hibachi chef years ago who said he boiled it until it turned into more of a syrup texture which I’ll have to try here soon). 

Grill was only $250 from wal-mart by the way. Free delivery too which was very nice because it is heavy.