Pity Timer is Live!!!

1235Next

Comments

• cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    @DFBB ok I’m gonna jump in 6-10 with Clark 😬. 
    Are u giants fan? 
    I have keeper Clark at G10, both skills at 9, and I was 2/4 last Monday against 6.10 Verlander with 80g boosts, no live boost. He's probably going to be my closer for the next month since I don't see glu releasing any 420+ players with double stacked skills vs RHP anytime soon. 
    They have released some 420 guys with double stackable skills. Reynolds, villar, soler in the weekend
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Got Gallo from the Pity Timer and most of the boxes were either gifts or CvC rewards. No complaints here ! Hope they use this often. 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    @Punkers777 agree don’t see them releasing very many lefty’s with good woh skills. Only releasing 390’s and 400’s with good woh skills unfortunately. 2/4 isn’t to bad that gives me a lil bit more confidence for Monday 😌. 
    Well went 2 for 8 with keeper Clark. How'd you do? 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @Punkers777 it took me 1 vid retry and 2 gold retries to get it done with Clark and 80 gold boost of course. Pretty satisfied  now I have a righty killer 👍🏻
  • Dpow14Dpow14 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I can confirm the pity timer works. I opened 20 boxes and on the 20th got a prime. XP from the first 19. 
    I think 19 boxes is a little extreme before you finally land a prime or legend. Today’s is at 15 not as bad but 600 gold goes fast when you buy 14 boxes. I still think it needs adjusting.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I had a run of bad luck very early in the season where I went 0 for 70 or something ridiculous on those beast boxes that featured Syndegaard, Bellenger and Mazara. Then that weekend (I am pretty sure it was the "Hot Start" boxes) I proceeded to go like 45 boxes before pulling a player. What are the odds of going 0 for 115 on boxes that are supposed to be 10 percent pull rate?

Anyway, this prevents that from happening. I like it a lot. Honestly, I was very close to quitting the game after that stretch so I am certain they've lost a lot of people due to just bad streaks of luck. This is nothing but a smart move for them (they're doing it for themselves as much as they are the players/end users).
    @JEDDDOGGY well said👍🏻 I opened 148 boxes the weekend dbl rhp skill wade Boggs was released and didn’t pull one prime player or legend that weekend. It was a miserable weekend and I pretty much quit but was back by Monday lol. This prevents that from ever happening again so very thankful for the pity timer 😁
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY @mythicaldragon - agree with both of your posts. Not trying to one-up anyone but I went 0 for 288 pulling any player higher than 390 Prime. As dumb as it sounds that someone that would much gold on boxes I figured the odds had to even out to come anywhere close to the posted reward %. It never happened and I gave myself the weekend before deciding to quit - the pity timer was very kind to me this weekend and for sure kept me playing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm glad to see your guys' misery 😂 not really, but it makes me feel a smidge better for the debacle that was the all star boxes.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols I begrudgingly gave you a "LOL" for your post.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Anyone notice how sneaky glu is this weekend. The pity timer on this weekend boxes guarantee a player. Didn't last weeks' boxes guarantee a prime or better? 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don’t like being manipulated by a company pretending that they’re instituting a change to make my experience better. In addition to downgrading the quality of the guaranteed player, I have pulled two players all weekend, one pulled on the 10th box, the other on the 20th. And both times it was the same guy, and on top of that, only a 360 player. If the pity timer works like this, it is nothing more than a tool to incentivize me to buy more boxes. There’s no pity involved. It’s ruthless. 
    You are absolutely right @Metsicans well said. I’m really hoping this was not intentional and that somehow they actually meant for the timer to give a prime. I actually was excited about the game again started to spend a little more money. Nowhere near what I used to spend but still probably more than most spend. I’ll NEVER spend like used to but since the pity timer has been introduced I’ve spent a lil more. All that said I’ve done some thinking about what has went down with the pity timer this weekend and I feel like a lab rat. Maybe their numbers went down since the pity timer was introduced and they decided to change it to any player instead of prime or better? Maybe they just testing us to see what we do how many boxes will we buy etc? Idk and don’t care but if that pity timer doesn’t say prime or better by next weekend I’m done. I will be indefinitely deleting the app. Guaranteed. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2019
    It was intentional.  

With every new promotion they repackage in several ways, testing us to see what we do and do not buy, positive and negative reaction levels then they proceed with the combination that best suits their goals.  Just another day in the TSB focus group.  FWIW I’m pulling players at a rate similar to what I did prior to the introduction of the timer....the weeks with a guaranteed prime I stopped getting as many payers from the boxes as I used to.  Could just be bad luck or it could be the boxes odds were tightened tonallow for a certain percentage of guaranteed prime distribution.  I will say that this weekend I have pulled almost all the bxp players, a few twice.  That is unusual, but again that sample size is very small and random luck could be 100% of the explanation.   
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I may be in the minority of the people from this forum but I really don’t care about the pity timer. I’m having to chase resources instead of players so I would love  to see  it work on the xp boxes. That’s where I buy most of my boxes. The cost of leveling a player to d10 is too rich for my blood for me to chase players. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You are absolutely right @Metsicans well said. I’m really hoping this was not intentional and that somehow they actually meant for the timer to give a prime. I actually was excited about the game again started to spend a little more money. Nowhere near what I used to spend but still probably more than most spend. I’ll NEVER spend like used to but since the pity timer has been introduced I’ve spent a lil more. All that said I’ve done some thinking about what has went down with the pity timer this weekend and I feel like a lab rat. Maybe their numbers went down since the pity timer was introduced and they decided to change it to any player instead of prime or better? Maybe they just testing us to see what we do how many boxes will we buy etc? Idk and don’t care but if that pity timer doesn’t say prime or better by next weekend I’m done. I will be indefinitely deleting the app. Guaranteed. 
    This is simply my guess, but I believe they simply didn't adjust the description to reflect the coding. I also believe that they've had considerable backlash as a result and hopefully, they will go back to the pity timer that rewarded primes+. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Honestly, any way you spin it, giving a guaranteed "player" in the x-th box is a total and utterly crapshoot from them. Here is a quote from the June VIP newsletter: 

"If you haven't gotten the coolest thing in that Mystery Box going on your 10th open, you should be guaranteed to pull that elusive reward right then and there!"

In that case 10th box was referring to the example in the newsletter, fine, no big deal, but they said you would be guaranteed the "coolest/elusive" reward, meaning (at the very least, a prime). So giving A PLAYER, which is (in many cases) almost worse than getting the little resources in that box is basically the opposite of what they advertised it would be.
    @DFBB I hope you are right buddy! I enjoy the game so much way to addicted to it and hate to give it up and go through withdrawals 😬. I’m a silver team player chaser the pity timer is everything for me. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    So how many of you have gotten pity timer players? So far it seems like you get the lowest rated prime in the box when you do. Better than no player at all but I still find it very disappointing. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I have received both good and bad. Not sure how the odds are weighted for the pity timer, but it seems ok to me. My experience is that you definitely do not get the worst prime every time. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I realize that it's not always easy to see things beyond your own experience, but I have no doubt that the pity timer can only help. As far as which primes you pull, it may not be common knowledge, but not all the primes are weighed equally in terms of pulls. For example, if primes are at 10% and there are five primes, each prime does NOT have a 2% chance of being pulled. This isn't something stated anywhere, but something I've noticed since last year. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’m looking beyond my own experience-that’s why I’m asking here. I want to know have I been unlucky and other guys are getting legends or the better primes off the pity timer.
    I would say you have been unlucky....I've been fortunate to pull my fair of 430 primes and legends from the pity timer. For sure there are times when you get the same crappy player but given an earlier streak of 280 plus boxes of zero primes or legends I'll take the pity timer.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    samtheman said:
    So how many of you have gotten pity timer players? So far it seems like you get the lowest rated prime in the box when you do. Better than no player at all but I still find it very disappointing. 
    I got rizzo off the timer.  Couple clubmates gol solder. I believe they sort the prime odds similar to last year end of the season woh box where lower weighted primes and legends had bigger odds of being pulled.  

As for people quoting the newsletter as if it were gospel;  just settle down.  The newsletter is not a contract and it only makes sense that they would have diffferent timer leveled for players that cost different amounts.  The repeated quoting of “the coolest” player is just silly.  There was not bait and switch;  they are testing us with different packaging but the essence of the timer all of you have to admit is as advertised.