8/26/2019 WOH

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I am done guys this rng is so fu***** ridiculous.  my guy beats the pitcher by almost 100 points and everytime I get to him I get 9 straight curve balls.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm not allowed to post links for some reason, so I tagged you in a good thread. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    if anyone would like a gold club let me know
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @bayoubengal, you going AWOL, too?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    First ever attempt at WoH HoF cuz it’s finally worth it. Fisk at 6.9 got all 5 runs w/ 2 outs 😎
    WoH killer Reynolds needed video restart and 80g boost to gets me Scoscia! 

Tdub71 said:
    @bayoubengal, you going AWOL, too?
    Def thinking about it.  This rng hates me and I can't do anything to level..
    this is what I mean:
    after figuring level 4 is harder than level 5, I get to 5.10 with ease. Alright I got this. NOPE.

Down 3-0 I get it to 3-3 runners on second and third.  guess what unhittable curve balls ( 1 out).  fastball down the middle I have just previously hit double with ground out to pitcher (2 outs), unhittable curve balls (3 out).

Extra innings.  triple first pitch.  Then 9 unhittable curveballs...….WTF  same thing over and over again
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Can 30k lxp get my scioscia to s10?

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @duckk123 you need 35k.

I'm pretty hyped about trying to cycle cap, but I feel for my diamond guys who don't have the lxp(almost everyone). I'm guessing today burns a bit extra because Mike is really good whereas Sax was meh.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Personally I believe the warm up rewards are garbage as well.  you either get the player or 250 bxp or 100 pxp in the rewards box.  that ridiculous because the guys that would be playing that and need the xp it wouldn't help level a player for them at all.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Glu is trolling me today.  I get Verlander to extras, or down to needing one last hit for the win in the 9th.  And every time, on the last pitch, it comes in straight, I get excited, and then I pop out to an infielder.

So maddening!  I'm bleeding gold.

and on top of it I won't have live boost today!!!!!!
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I get to the end of a round where I need a video boost and I get the freeze of death. Back to the beginning of the round. HOF is hard enough as it is. This makes it impossible.
    @DFBB I do not think that the ratio of hit/power to the pitcher plays any factor into it.  I have been using 80 gold boost on 4.10 and I get nothing but curve balls every pitch
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I will need to cycle HOF 13 times to cycle cap. If I am able to complete this feat, I cannot wait to feel the sense of accomplishment accompanied with the stark realization that I am a pathetic excuse for a human being.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Easiest HOF yet for me.  Video restart and 80 gold boost 6-10. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I. Can not. Cycle. Today. I refuse to spend gold on someone I won't keep, but I've at least been able to cycle a few times without gold in the past 😭
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Just doing the classic grind, 6 in so far, maybe I should see if I could do HoF but I have no lxp I feel like it’s not worth it.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I had more trouble with 4-10 classic than anything in HOF
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    HOF is eating my damn lunch... again! I cannot figure out how the hell to complete it. Level 6 is as far as I have ever gotten. 
    4.10 is stupid ridiculous.  my diamond McMahon keeps getting nothing but curveballs and when I do get a fastball its a slow roller right past the pitcher to the second baseman
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I have issue at all with 4.10 in classic. I’m thankful it’s no longer Lester. Cole gets me at 5.7 for some reason. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @DFBB I do not think that the ratio of hit/power to the pitcher plays any factor into it.  I have been using 80 gold boost on 4.10 and I get nothing but curve balls every pitch
    I don't subscribe to that theory either. It's batter 'hit' vs pitcher's 'stuff.'
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Anyone else not having live boost work?  I switched my team to the Braves for the early boost, but I'm not getting a live boost.
    @mwilson829 I made that same mistake.  Its a make up game so its not going to have a live boost.  Moved mine to the cards now
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I have been hesitant to mention this before for fear of ridicule, but I find that sometimes I do better taking the first pitch. If I swing at the first pitch and get the “rubber bat,” I take the first pitch going forward. I also take the first pitch if I have a guy on first. I find (or at least I imagine) that I hit into fewer double plays that way. I don’t at all feel this makes it more likely I get curves in later at bats.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @bayoubengal Thanks.  That was just lazy of me to waste 150 gold without bothering to check.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

Any help for HOF? Upgrades maxed (I am gold btw) 
    Skills: 
    Ichiro/Vazquez 5 and 5
    Devers/Moncada/Lemahieu/Bell/Prime Meadows/Gardner/Meadows 6 and 6
    Eaton/Crawford 4 and 4
    Nothing done to Renfroe 

Do they not check the level's? Like I am serious as a heart attack that 4.10 on classic should be in place of 5.10 or even in HOF.  I would feel better that it was 5.10 and not 4.10
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I love Lester over Gray.  He was so much easier.  Luckily I beat Gray the first go at him today.  Lets see how the 2nd time goes.  One of these days I'll try some HOF.
    Just no.