8/26/2019 WOH

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    13/13 with live boost and 80g boost. Think he was around 428 overall and maybe over 500 hit.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    13/13 with live boost and 80g boost. Think he was around 428 overall and maybe over 500 hit.
    Oh my!  I haven’t taken anybody above 9s yet, and I seem to have more troubles when I have the live boost.  Thanks for sharing.  I’ll have to consider investing more in the player skills if I start running into problems.  
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    It was a good day in the world of WOH. Pulled Mike in one of the boxes! 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

That hit rating is sick! (PS don’t make fun of how many franchise coins I have)
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Nice @JEDDDOGGY
    killing it! #beast
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Over the last 2 Mondays, I am 3-0 on Verlander with Cooperstown Baines.  Today 0-8 with Scioscia. Go figure...
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I kept losing on 9.7
    It was just homer after homer in HoF. Royale is considerably harder. Probably didn't even need the gold boosts except 6.9 and/or 6.10.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Completed HOF today for the first time ever. Didn’t have to spend any gold either. I would first off like to thank my friends and family for always supporting me, next I would like to thank that player of the week Devers I got out of the fan rewards box last week, couldn’t have done it without ya! 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Finally beat HOF @ 11:15pm. Easy up till Verlander. took 14 tries but finally got him with Judge. I don't have a righty killer maxed yet. Working on Legend Will Clark and now Scioscia. I had to go all in on this one and it was my first HOF try & win. Spent 3800ish gold
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Didn't touch HOF....just made classic $$$.  Pulled one keeper up from G1 to P7, increased my big 4 upgrades to 77/80.  Pulled Turner;  on the fence whether to do anything with him.  Depends on who's the bonus for CVC and Prime and the extent of my patience.  Would like to see that Muncy come up in the CVC boxes and I'd blow my stash on him instead.  
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I do have I do have to say I believe that the pitchers skills are active during WOH. If you notice when the matchup screen is there and shows the pitcher he has both skills highlighted.   If anyone has Sony Gray and if anyone has a screen shot of the screen can you please post.  Want to see what the math comes out to be.... 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Didn't touch HOF....just made classic $$$.  Pulled one keeper up from G1 to P7, increased my big 4 upgrades to 77/80.  Pulled Turner;  on the fence whether to do anything with him.  Depends on who's the bonus for CVC and Prime and the extent of my patience.  Would like to see that Muncy come up in the CVC boxes and I'd blow my stash on him instead.  
    I went the classic route as well, probably got 18-20x trips around the tower, started with 250k blue and ended up with nearly 500k after spending 200k leveling players/skills.  Made 2M cash too didn’t see one pitcher in HoF 6k legend exp doesn’t go far lol.
    edited August 2019
    I do have I do have to say I believe that the pitchers skills are active during WOH. If you notice when the matchup screen is there and shows the pitcher he has both skills highlighted.   If anyone has Sony Gray and if anyone has a screen shot of the screen can you please post.  Want to see what the math comes out to be.... 
    I have Gray and one of his skills is for sure not active (BG's). I honestly don't think any skills are for pitchers. I do however think that the difficulty was tweaked a bit compared to last week. 4.9 gave me some trouble early on (had to use Heyward instead of Goins) and even with live boost I couldn't always autoplay 5.7. I lost to Cole only 2 times the week prior (18/20) and never lost on 5.5 whereas yesterday I was probably winning 75% of the time on Musgrove (autoplay as well) and maybe 50% against Cole.

Feeling like this may be the end of the line for 350 max bxp players. Still planning on going diamond this weekend but only have 121k pxp and desperately need a relevant lefty prime. I don't think I will even have enough to take All-Star Bellinger to diamond if needed, currently g10 and only 390 max.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I think yesterday was my lucky day.  I am old and eyes are not the greatest.  I accidentally did warm up instead of classic.  In Christmas miracle fashion I got the player.  I thought today must be my day and I was able to also beat Hall of fame!  I guess everything else for me will stink for a while.  I did it with Prime Wolters skills at 13 13.
    Well since all of you are here....

I’m new to playing this year. Finally got my first legend by beating HOF mode for the first time yesterday. I have enough LXP to bring him to S9 (I’m a gold team). Is it worth leveling him and slowly building him up, or will there be much better legends coming, making Scioscia irrelevant? It’s like, getting a new toy and wanting to play with it so bad, but I’m realizing that may not be the smartest since I can’t fully take him to G10. 
    FWIW, I will tell you that a s10 legend (just did the math) is the same as a 340-350 max g10 player.  So how long will he really stay in your line up or will he be in your lineup if you level him just to s9.  For me I would save and wait.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @RookieTapper Scioscia will become irrelevant sooner or later- but I'm betting he's going to be a beast for a long, long time. Not only is he a lefty with nice woh skills, but he's a catcher. I would say he's worth the lxp since you're in gold. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @RookieTapper Scioscia will become irrelevant sooner or later- but I'm betting he's going to be a beast for a long, long time. Not only is he a lefty with nice woh skills, but he's a catcher. I would say he's worth the lxp since you're in gold. 
    that's if he could get him to gold..... IMO
    For reference, I went platinum about 3-4 weeks ago and Prime Meadows (370max) was my WoH closer since his release in May. I think Scioscia will be worth it beyond the end of World Series at least.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Well since all of you are here....

I’m new to playing this year. Finally got my first legend by beating HOF mode for the first time yesterday. I have enough LXP to bring him to S9 (I’m a gold team). Is it worth leveling him and slowly building him up, or will there be much better legends coming, making Scioscia irrelevant? It’s like, getting a new toy and wanting to play with it so bad, but I’m realizing that may not be the smartest since I can’t fully take him to G10. 
    It's not very fun, but I'd wait until you can cap him or another legend. At s9 or low level in gold, he won't be a game changer for you. Imo, you're better off holding for now and trying to rack up more lxp so you can keep your options open. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited August 2019
    bayoubengal said: 
    You can get a legend to gold10 fairly easily with some patience. Even if it takes 2 weeks, Scioscia should be well worth the wait. 

Edit: I agree with @DFBB, but take a look at where he would be equivalent to a 350 player (early gold?), and equivalent to a 400 prime (g6 maybe?). He could be very serviceable before he's capped, while getting better over time as you cap him 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    bayoubengal said: 
    You can get a legend to gold10 fairly easily with some patience. Even if it takes 2 weeks, Scioscia should be well worth the wait. 

Edit: I agree with @DFBB, but take a look at where he would be equivalent to a 350 player (early gold?), and equivalent to a 400 prime (g6 maybe?). He could be very serviceable before he's capped, while getting better over time as you cap him 😉
    I took him to g6, he's at 236, slightly better than a maxed out 400 prime (234), FYI
    criffy said:
    bayoubengal said: 

I took him to g6, he's at 236, slightly better than a maxed out 400 prime (234), FYI
    Wow, my guesstimate was pretty spot on 😂 if you continue investing in him over time, he'll only get better over the final 4 levels. Not bad 🤷‍♂️
    Thank you all of the advice! With my lineup, if he is G2 or G3 and the equivalent of what a 350max BXP would be at G10, then he would certainly be in my lineup. The only non 350BXP players I have are 400 prime Benintendi and a 420 prime Hiura. I think I’ll try to spend some gold today and get him to G4 or G5, and then devote the next couple of weeks to try to get him up to G8-G10 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @RookieTapper, how is that Huira working out? I have not touched mine, but I’m interested how he performs-especially in WoH? Thanks
    @fahhq2 I don’t want you to take my word for it (because I’m new to playing this year and you all have SO MUCH more experience playing than I do) but I’m personally now in the camp for “skills don’t activate/deactivate mid-round”. I’m a simple Gold team and he is BY FAR my best right handed hitter (the rest of my rightys are 350BXP players) and I swear he does not let up when the score gets close. I think I’ve lost only one time with him, and that was a quick 3 outs (so his double blowout skills were still active anyways). Like I said, don’t take my word for it, but he has been great for me. 
    @fahhq2 I capped him at G10 not knowing exactly what I would get out of him in WOH, but I did it anyways knowing that I needed a strong right bat, and even at his base stats without skills he would still help me in WOH. Not to mention, CVC and other formats he has DESTROYED. It was a pleasant surprise to see he helped me complete my first HOF WOH yesterday
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Thanks @RookieTapper! I’m in the same boat as you believing skills don’t deactivate. Just another confirmation is what I was looking for. I have that 420 Longoria w/ LHP and LI to go up against lefty’s but I may just level up Huira and give it a go. I could always use a big bat for CvC.
    btw...if skills De-activate, then they should Activate as well, right? I’m not seeing much chatter about say, HR derby champ Alonzo being a dbl skill guy once he gets a hit vs. LHP. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I went the classic route as well, probably got 18-20x trips around the tower, started with 250k blue and ended up with nearly 500k after spending 200k leveling players/skills.  Made 2M cash too didn’t see one pitcher in HoF 6k legend exp doesn’t go far lol.
    I have 55k lxp but yeah, it’s all or nothing and since I can’t get close enough to cycle cap not even spending time there.  Honest day in the mines.....very lucrative.