benefits of going platinum?

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Ive always thought about going platinum, figured id be ready in about a month. What are really the benefits though? Do the benefits outweigh the high exp requirements?Last week I cycled Wednesday royal about 4 times until live boost ended. This week I got to verlander a bunch but without having a great finisher, kinda stopped there and just cycled classic for cash and bxp . Last night I was able to cap out moroff ( switching hitting , 400 max, double WOH secondary ) for one of my finishers , got Scocia and Kaline, who I am working feverishly to try and cap, I think I should be able to cycle WOH without too much trouble in 2 weeks max. Really debating on just staying gold but figured id ask here if there are big reasons to jump levels

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I wouldn't think about going platinum without first making absolute certain that I'm going diamond. I don't see any positive that comes from platinum that isn't available in gold, tbh. @JCAM80 may have better insight, I think he's been platinum for a while now. I was platinum just long enough to make an easy transition to diamond. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    The main benefit of platinum is that it makes you want to quit.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    If I know what I know now I would have stayed platinum instead of going diamond.  Eventually I would have went diamond but I think I jumped way to quick.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Since I was mentioned, I'll provide my insight. I was playing with one of the the elite clubs in the game (JSD), not the 100s in global chat that think they are. The reason for my jump was the points multiplier (1.4 gold vs 1.6 platinum). I knew that 20% increase would help my club figures and our placement. If I could return to Gold, I immediately would, just the Evo to take a player to Platinum is a drain & there are no rewards in the needed quantity to keep up, hence everyone else blows through it to Diamond and the spoils of cycling D6. I just got so used to my shiny animated Primes & now Legends that I didnt want to leave them behind. P10 Legends are 347/348 & current max Primes @ 324, I'd rather see that on my team than a general nobody 350 bxp guy. Cycle-capping is the best to do any tier above Gold, took Sciosia to G5 with existing resources & from there each cycle essentially boosted him 2 levels until the last platinum tiers. And that gets you your high bonus guy for the following day, otherwise most box pulls you'll have to be choosy with, you aren't going to immediately max them out for highest productivity, some think B10 can give enough production, I'm more in the camp that I'd rather have 2 at or near max that actually help my team. If you play Prime games with low level guys, you might score 10-20 runs avg, but a maxed Platinum lineup can score avg of 40+ & max of 183 so far (not so humble brag) so your higher bonus players get a multitude more of at bats. Diamond is on the horizon once we see PXP in abundance in Royale tiers and it still tempts me most days. Hope that gives you some insight on how/why I play @ Platinum and glad to respond to any follow-ups.
    Next year (if they can keep me around that long) the furtherest I will go is gold 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    is WOH easier on platinum?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    MoenPDC said:
    If you cap your bats and upgrades, WoH is easier at higher tiers. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019

MoenPDC said:
    Before classic changed there were only 4-5 pitchers that maxed out at plat. Since I believe there is now 10 though I could be wrong. 4.7-4.10, 5.5-5.10. Cycle cap is definitely doable on Monday, Royale is more difficult especially if you have a bxp player heavy team. Lots of investment in skills if so.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I've been Diamond in past years (admittedly, not since we had to level players up from Bronze 1), and Gold the past two.  There really is no reason to go platinum unless you want to get to Diamond, which is a perfectly legitimate choice and depends on what you enjoy about the game.  If you love to play bonus games, grind events for resources, have the highest team ratings, and be able to beat almost anyone you play, then Diamond is great.  If you like to acquire the best new players, and actually be able to use them, but still be competitive in all events, then staying gold makes far more sense. 

Idling in the nether region of platinum makes no sense either way.  If gold is Earth, and diamond is heaven, then platinum is just purgatory. 

ya I think I might just get everything capped and just save up a ton of resources. well see. anything that makes WOH easier is amazing. I noticed a HUGE difference when I went from silver to gold. Team is getting there. I have 6 of the cash upgrades maxed out. Players are 8/8 on secondaries, going to try and max out my studs to 12/12 for now. I think I'm a good solid 3-4 weeks out minimum. I only spend about 30 dollars a week but I literally spend every waking second spamming ads. Going for a walk with the wife spamming ads, watching tv spamming ads, sitting at my desk at work spamming ads.
    Current team
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Being so prime heavy, I would personally stay at gold. Moving up will force you to leave primes behind in favor of bxp guys (which won't make your woh experience easier), at least in the beginning. Like others have said, platinum should really just be a waiting ground for diamond. Personally, at least this year, I believe diamond was great early on (platinum pitchers were the toughest you'd face in woh); but it seems as if the ease of moving into diamond has passed and it may be a bit of a challenge now for most. 

Edit: as for next year @bayoubengal, either staying in gold or moving to diamond early would be my play. If I find myself coming into a second device that runs the game properly, I may go diamond very early with my main and stay in silver/gold with my alt to serve as a backup.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Ya. Going to see where I’m at in a month and trying to save a ludicrous amount of resources . Things should get easier in woh once I cap a few studs . So close cycling hof. Yesterday getting to 6.9 and 6.10 wasn’t that bad , just wasn’t even close on the three times I got to verlander. Maxing our moroff and his secondaries to 12/12 and maxing our scocia should make a huge difference 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I got bored quickly being at gold and made the jump to diamond a little over a month or so ago. Now I'm regretting my decision and am close to quitting altogether.
    edited August 2019

Cs response to, can you reset my account?. 

Make a new account.  How do I do that with 1 device???
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    You couldn’t accomplish it by uninstalling and then reinstalling using a different email address?  
    Lol we have come full circle... @bayoubengal weren't you the one that made the thread suggesting Android users buy an iOS device??!  B)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @bayoubengal You can just uninstall and start all over. In short, you can have more than one team on a device, but you can only have one team associated with one device. Your current team will still be tied to the device
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I almost made the jump to platinum. Wanted to wait until I could take 2 primes. The PXP reduction made that take long enough to see others regret it. 
    @dustyhunks what does that have to do with iOS vs Android????  don't get how you are relating that.
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Thank you all for confirming that I will never be leaving Gold unless I get incredibly bored with the game. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @Accelman or unless you find yourself in the mood to waste A LOT of time and money to try and keep up with others who are in lower tiers than you. 
    @bayoubengal CS is telling you to get another device!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Platinum is like having to eat your veggies when you were 5 so you could have some ice cream.  In other words it’s just there as if you’re going to leave gold you may as well go diamond.  With that said unless you like to grind or don’t mind spending appreciable amounts of money gold would be the sweet spot.  Until I’m back to work on a permanent basis I have plenty of time and with gold costs removed from diamond levels it wasn’t nearly enough the pain it was in ‘18 and I went diamond in ‘18 really late.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I literally just went plat 30 minutes ago, lol. I only went plat because I want to go diamond. I've seen a lot people saying they regret going diamond, but I still want to try it. I want to see if I hate or love it myself and not make my decision based on anothers experience. Everyone is different, so take others advice into consideration, but in the end do what you want to do. If I hate diamond, at least I can say I tried it and I'll stay gold next year. I took all bxp guys with me and left my primes behind and gonna try and hold off on any primes until I hit diamond so I can use the 50% on the weekend and cap 2 strong bats for Woh. I'm guessing I'll be at plat for about a month, or until I can cap a good bit of my guys once I hit diamond. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I get waaaayy more girls on Global since going platinum!  Pm me for details!