Options

Clash matchups

bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
Anyone understand what determines clash matchups?
It doesn't appear to really be based on anything consistent....seems pretty random.
I'm in a gold club. One match we play 2 kids in a bronze club. The next match we play all VIPs in a diamond club.

Also - the reward structure seems really odd to me.
So - if by chance (1 in a billion)- my gold club actually beats the loaded diamond club - we get 800bxp, some bxp for high round, and 1 mystery box.
However - if they beat us - which they should - they get 1500 bxp, high round gets prime, and they get 2 boxes.
We only get to play 7 entries.
They get to play 9 entries.
Something here just seems awry with the whole process.

Especially with the matchups being literally random.

I guess its just another of GLUs ways to say the good get better, the mediocre shall flounder. Spend more money.

Comments

• Options
    WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Great question, I also an wondering what the response is.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I would look into how badly you guys beat the bronze club, followed by how many points the diamond club put up in their previous round. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    obviously I know the results from the match vs. the bronze opponent. but there is no way I know of to search current opponent's scoring history....or rank...for that matter....unless they happen to be in the top 20.
    that's why these matchups seem to be an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

on the cvc matches - you at least get to see your opponents rank at the time of the match - and your matchups seem to intuitively follow a logical progression as you win, lose, blowout, or sandbag matches.

clash matchups on the other hand - just seem to be a random matchup at times.

anyways - just wondering if anyone had made a connection or had an actual theory of how the process works.

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Amount of entries are determined by the tier of the club.  Gold=7, Platinum=8, Diamond=9.  Your matchup is determined by the club score in the previous matchup.  Odds are your club demolished the bronze club, and the diamond club sandbagged, and scored a similar amount of points.

Edit: rewards for win/loss/MVP/high-round are also determined by club tier.  Diamond clubs get better rewards than Platinum, etc, etc.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Amount of entries are determined by the tier of the club.  Gold=7, Platinum=8, Diamond=9.  Your matchup is determined by the club score in the previous matchup.  Odds are your club demolished the bronze club, and the diamond club sandbagged, and scored a similar amount of points.

Edit: rewards for win/loss/MVP/high-round are also determined by club tier.  Diamond clubs get better rewards than Platinum, etc, etc.
    well said