navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
This looks like a good one.
Prev134

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    This looks like a good one.
    Definitely better than last week!  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Dang. I'm sure some of you guys can use him, but it's the opposite for me as opposed to last week where everyone hated the royale reward and I loved him. Objectively speaking, I think he's a really good reward. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I was really hoping for a first baseman.  I have four already that are prime, three of them being lefties.  You can never have too many, right?!  ha.  And I liked Ervin last week.  Works well in my CvC lineup.
    Just no.  
    DFBB said:
    Dang. I'm sure some of you guys can use him, but it's the opposite for me as opposed to last week where everyone hated the royale reward and I loved him. Objectively speaking, I think he's a really good reward. 
    He’s a good reward;  doesn’t make my team or anyone who has a viable Mon HOF prize or catcher keeper.  But as compared to last week’s reward this double stack 390 prime that can be capped on the cheap along with all the pxp that comes spinning up isn’t bad and will still make a lot of WOH bench roster spots (mine included).
    P10 projection - 333/293/209
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    It's hard to complain about a 390 prime with double WOH skills. And I'm not complaining but it seems to be trend that the reward for WOH on Monday for classic and sometimes during the royale is double WOH double skill. Is that so u still buy boxes chasing guys that have skill sets for other game modes. 
    It's hard to complain about a 390 prime with double WOH skills........
    .......and yet you still managed to.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Get DFA'd and go 3/5 in first game with new squad that picks you up cheap = Glu immortalization as WoH reward!

Hiii-Yaaaa!

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have enough pxp to get him to high gold, I have a better catcher but he at worst could slot in a sub spot, if one of the two skills were almost anything else DH. At least it’s worth doing unlike last week where a CvC x2 player is almost useless unless you’re running a speciality CvC team.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Anyone have the updated sequence? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Think it's the same just different pitchers. R R L R last 4 IIRC.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I think Level 5 is all R except 5-9 is L
    Level 4 was different last week too compared to this monday.  Lat 4-4 and 4-9.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Everything up through 4.9 last week for Royale was the old classic pitchers, with Cishek (RHP) at 4.10, level 5 is RHP sans 5.9 iirc.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    What is the M%$^$&ing obsession with Catchers..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I think you get thru one WOH round with him then he takes a foul tip and gets a concussion. I like him and hoped he’d hang it up before he gets permanent damage. 
    Levels 1-3 same as classic
    level 4. All right except 4.4 & 4.9
    level 5 all right except 5.9

is this correct
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited August 2019
    CLASSIC WOH
    Tier 1: LRRRLRLLRR
    Tier 2: RRRLRRLRLR
    Tier 3: RRRLRRLLLL
    Tier 4: RRRLRRRRLR
    Tier 5: RRRRRRRRLR
    Assuming no changes. Yes. Everyone seems to have this correct layout
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Not a fan of double woh skills, tbh. I'll play it a bit for the fun, but won't worry about cycle capping 🤷‍♂️ better than double cvc skills, though 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I'm torn on spending the resources to get him to g10 and attempting a cycle cap when I'm supposed to be saving to go diamond this weekend.
    A right handed with double walk off I still good for a right hand pitcher correct? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Wish they’d go back to last seasons Royale reward with a player box. At least you had some odds, albeit crappy ones, of pulling a really good player.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The change to a Prime reward for Royale WOH has just ruined Wednesdays for me.  I'm in the middle of the long and painstaking process of capping my keepers to Diamond 10 and cycling capping on WOH days is by far my most productive way of doing that.  

Now I have 50% less days in the week to do that.  At some point I will probably have enough PXP again to make it worth pursuing a massive Wednesday cycle day but I'm a few weeks away from being there when I need at least enough PXP to get a guy to higher Platinum levels.  

I'm not saying it's a bad reward and I'm sure this is a good thing for some people.  Just not for me and it really throws a wrench into my quest to acquire a couple million blue XP. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Unbiased opinion is he is a great player.   Problem is he just doesnt work for most teams.   If you are silver/gold, you probably have much better options at this point.   In platinum/diamond its tough to justify pxp for a 390 prime and you also could have better options at the point anyway.   Not putting any pxp in there hampers the amount of people who would want to cycle cap him.   The ideal scenario is a team that just jumped tiers and has excess pxp which I feel safe saying is the minority of teams
    This game this season has become a resource-hamstrung sandwich with a very brief abundant bologna middle...
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Wish they’d go back to last seasons Royale reward with a player box. At least you had some odds, albeit crappy ones, of pulling a really good player.
    I'm sure we will go to that at some point later in the season. I remember last year the box as a prize didn't start until the playoff or maybe September.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fwiw, I did ask about a box. Initially, they were receptive, but I guess they're waiting. I honestly feel it's inevitable and while 'later' isn't going to make today fun, they're aware that we want boxes. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer a guaranteed player (especially with the box odds). If I pull Captain Awesome Legend from a box, he'll be just as useless (for me). For those of you that cycle capped Scioscia, imagine you only pulled him once or twice from a woh box, then had to level him from b1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I'm hoarding pxp atm so I can cap my 420 and 400 max prime players, so I don't see a benefit to landing another 390 prime that I'll just trade in anyway. Bah humbug. Also not a huge fan of the dual WoH skills.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I would play Royale WOH if it was a Box...that would at least make it somewhat appealing. But looking at the reward today and seeing another Catcher...I probably won’t spend much time at all on WOH. I am hoping there’s an update to SF since those details haven’t loaded yet. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Anyone know how much PXP we get for pulling a dupe? If it goes up by level, what is the range?