For the few that still play slugfest

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
they need to make the bonus player atleast 50k, and the team bonus 5k...i like playing slugfest on Wednesday since I don’t have the time or desire to cycle cap a player that won’t make my team from woh. I mean they could give slugfest a 20x multiplier and you still wouldn’t have the points made in other modes... was hoping slugfest would get some attention after the glu vip meet and great but nadda 
Prev1

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Says it all. Think theyre only interested in gold battles going forward. SF totally needs to be revamped next season.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Says it all. Think theyre only interested in gold battles going forward. SF totally needs to be revamped next season.

The big boys don’t play SF, thus it’s always just a fart in the wind. I don’t see this changing
    It could totally change. Add a slugging rating to players so they don’t have to upgrade a whole 2nd team and people might consider it. Some people already level players for their cvc roster only. I could see the same thing for a slugger, but they cost more XP so it gets left behind 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just took several sluggers to platinum today...  :#
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I sold off my sluggers like the spare parts they are a couple months ago.  Useless event that drains resources and pales in comparison to the rewards available in WOH. Add pxp and it would instantly become relevant again. Would have happened already if it was going to happen.  
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I feel the same way as you guys about wasting my xp on sluggers that can’t help my team in any other way. We will see if anything is different next year but I doubt it 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I still enjoy slugfest.  It is a resource drain for sure.  I just wish they would make it worthwhile.  I am hoping the gold battles will make it worthwhile for more people to play and in turn receive more attention.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils
    I think the occasional gold battles will be the only reason that keeping a slugger roster matters in this game. Aside from the game resources, the big resource is time. It takes time to complete slugfest. I see people talking about completing WOH in under 20 minutes. I don't think, could be wrong, that it is possible to complete slugfest in under 20. I have two teams... one team has a damn good slugfest roster and the other, as @bigvivec stated, was sold for parts to upgrade the main roster. It's all about what you value in the game. For me one club is slugfest and the other is for WOH.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i've got an almost all capped slugfest team (at gold) hoping they would spit out pxp at some point. still crossing my fingers, but not hopeful anymore given the 3rd rate josh donaldson photo they used yesterday
    edited August 2019
    @criffy - Donaldson was a freaking JOKE yesterday! At least get the damn team right. 

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I just petitioned them to change his image, here is the response...
    Here is the Slugfest prize for every other event prior... is it not an identical image match to the box player that you could have in your regular lineup... 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @JCAM80   WOW just WOW.  do they not know that the players from slugfest and the other modes of the game are never in the same roster?  Where would the mix up be??? 

Image result for confused
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Here is the Slugfest prize for every other event prior... is it not an identical image match to the box player that you could have in your regular lineup... 
    One of these things is not like the others
    One of these things just doesn't belong
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

Even Sesame Street knows this is poor.
    @JCAM80 @ReadingFightingPhils @KSMETS
    HE'S NOT EVEN ON THE RIGHT TEAM - they really don't give a f about slugfest this year it that's their response

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Damn dude, this is super impressive
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Sluggers have been receiving an incremental increase in ratings each week? 🤔 That's pretty interesting, actually. I wonder why woh doesn't receive an incremental increase in ratings each week until the next bump. IE when 400 max primes were released, woh Hof could have slowly released players with a few extra rating points until 420's were released. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts

It could totally change. Add a slugging rating to players so they don’t have to upgrade a whole 2nd team and people might consider it. Some people already level players for their cvc roster only. I could see the same thing for a slugger, but they cost more XP so it gets left behind 
    YES!!!  I have been thinking this for a while now.... Make it where I dont have to spend resources to level up two teams and Im all over SF.  Homerun Derby style was my favorite as a kid and what actually spurred me to look up phone baseball games and even find this game 3 years ago.  I believe if they made this one change it would completely change this game mode...  Whatcha think @DFBB?  From your recent VIP trip, I know this may not be something that was discussed, any thoughts that something like this could possibly occur or would they think it wouldnt been in their best interest business wise?
    i think donaldson is a prime in the hotlanta box. if they don't want to show him as a prime for slugfest, probably an indication that we're not getting pxp in slugfest this year...
    8ball02 said:

YES!!!  I have been thinking this for a while now.... Make it where I dont have to spend resources to level up two teams and Im all over SF.  Homerun Derby style was my favorite as a kid and what actually spurred me to look up phone baseball games and even find this game 3 years ago.  I believe if they made this one change it would completely change this game mode...  Whatcha think @DFBB?  From your recent VIP trip, I know this may not be something that was discussed, any thoughts that something like this could possibly occur or would they think it wouldnt been in their best interest business wise?
    I can say it was certainly discussed and well received.
    These gold battles have been a damn joke! I have faced maxed out Donaldson from yesterday 4 of 7 battles. Kiss my @ss glu! 
    i've made 500 in gold so far. not quite sure it's worth it when i can be grinding videos out for almost the same rate. although its a lot more fun
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I need a better connection, lag is killing me in these gold battles.
    Making my way down the list now
    made 2k in 2 hrs. not bad. i think i played you once @whammo911 - same 6 guys i played over and over
    Here's my ROI for that 2 hour event.....more please! 
    Yeah, Donaldson after Donaldson...played 3 players 90% of the time
    Good stuff @JCAM80!
    @JCAM80
    I guess you were going against platinum teams? were guys just not capped out?
    at the gold level played capped donaldson, brantley and vogelbach over and over and over. was a chore to get my 2k gold
    Actually lost 6 times. Had some real tough ones, couple had maxed Platinum guys. Oddest thing I saw was a 4 star Puig that someone took to P7. Played 1 poor guy over 20 times, he was Platinum, but mostly 4s & 5s.
    how far do the homers go at capped 10 platinum? ~575 feet if you get it all? just curious