WOH practice

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
IMO I think it would be nice to be able to play WOH daily to work on your lineup of the event.  Would they do that nope. but a guy could hope. I would even play 1 cycle and not even expect any rewards.
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I think WOH should be a 24/7 event. Yes the rewards should be nerfed a bit. They could offer lower players or lower rewards....really anything would be better then it is now. 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I was hoping for field pass to include woh and derby for the entire time you bought the pass. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I would absolutely love this, I would truly enjoy more gameplay outside of these ridiculously long 12-hour events with 400 bonus players. Just let me play the game a little bit without all of the nonsense.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I've always been a fan of this idea as well.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'd be all for this.  I love the WoH.  I don't do much tapping 5 days of the week.  I read the forums more than I click auto play.  Auto play bores me.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can't say too much, but a lot of the conversation at the VIP council centered around modes for next year. To be specific, they've been working on things that we can do outside of the normal events. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Great more LAG for android users. Sounds promising, working on modes for next year when the current app is filled with nothing but problems.  Maybe they should be doing more then worrying about a "VIP council" meeting which is slang for PR stunt and fix the current app. Just a thought.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Let the disagrees flow in!
    – The Great Houmy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    My app crashes cause my inactives are full. How the eff is that even possible? And the accumulated leveling crash? Are the coins stored in the app cache and then the bucket just falls over whooops! At least its insanely easy to reproduce. 

My fav though is the cvc round completion that crashes app when you tap the menu (hamburger or 3 bars). If you tap literally anywhere else and then the menu, no crash. Since 19 launch and ive submitted IDK how many tickets each ignored with generic response of device storage. I gues 24GB free isnt enough for Glu. 

Thanks @dkarski87 now Im pissed lol
    dkarski87 said:
    Let the disagrees flow in!
    They won't disagree with you because they're on your side. 
    edited August 2019
    Not a matter of picking sides, its about the simple nature of how they are doing things. You said it yourself,  they already looking at other game modes for next years app when they cant even fix the current one. How long did we have  EB for? 2 events? Oops we need to restart messages? CVC match freeze ups. These are issues that have  been around for months, yet nothing is fixed. This is just to name a few things. WAIT!! Lets make a new mode for 2020 and forget about the current app, season is over in a month and we will just start giving away Premium boxes in WOH to keep players engaged and raise the odds back to 12 or 15% for primes.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Not a matter of picking sides, its about the simple nature of how they are doing things. You said it yourself,  they already looking at other game modes for next years app when they can even fix the current one. How long did we have  EB for? 2 events? Oops we need to restart messages? CVC match freeze ups. These are issues that have  been around for months, yet nothing is fixed. This is just to name a few things. WAIT!! Lets make a new mode for 2020 and forget about the current app, season is over in a month and we will just start giving away Premium boxes in WOH to keep players engaged and raise the odds back to 12 or 15% for primes.
    I worded it poorly. I meant to say that the guys who are vocal tend to share your opinion. You already know how I feel about the android issue and I've already talked about it numerous times here(and in SF). I've accepted that they're simply moving on. Do I like it? Heck no. Thing is, I've already said all I can and more importantly, they're aware. In comparison to '18, I would even say the execution was extremely poor. Even now, I still can't believe the advantage IOS users have over android. In any other gaming community, it would be unacceptable. 

While I actually agree with many of what you said above(some issues have been around since at least '18), it doesn't take away from their ideas for '20. This is a game I absolutely love. I'm not sure if there are many who manually play as much as I do. As mentioned above(and in other threads), the game is far from perfect. I wish so many things were done differently. In particular, I wish they'd prioritize some of the things you mentioned. That said, I'm still excited each time I see a new box and if there are possibly new modes? You better believe that I will care. 
  • greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    think this a great idea. love WOH mode, fun to play. wish I could do it more.
    I clicked on disagree but it didn't work. Must be the new moderator status that prevents me from doing it. ;)

– The Great Houmy
    LOL well I actually had a whole other paragraph in there  but I guess they didn't want it posted. Nothing bad just   things we all know already, then I made a JAB at @retirepujols. Guess thats it .
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 I'm having troubles sharing your post as well 🤔 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
     I

– The Great Houmy
    Not on my end.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 no, I shared a SS of your missing message. I had another message with that SS and a response from me, but it went missing 🤷🏻‍♂️ but your missing message is above, and I think you just haven't received enough stickers to appreciate them 😉
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @dkarski87 I'm having troubles sharing your post as well 🤔 
    Wait, so are posts being edited by someone other than the writer now? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would love to see more done with woh. It seems like the most anticipated event of the game and definitely the best way to gain resources. I think that if they extended the event or added another day it would still be the event that we most look forward to. I’m sure that glu might not want to do something like this because it would be easier to load up on resources and we wouldn’t spend as much. I work 2-11 a lot of Monday’s and it is hard to keep up a diamond team with limited woh playing time. So I’m  definitely for anything that would give us more woh time. I would like to see it be a 24 hour event on Monday’s but have a 12 hour timer for each individual player that starts when u first start to play. Maybe midnight to noon works best or 6am-6pm is a better time. The event would still end at midnight but that would give us a little more flexibility on playing time. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I enjoy woh as much as anyone and I’ve heard a lot say they would play woh all the time if it were available all the time. Respectfully I don’t think  so..🤔 I think we would have lots of people saying im bored, not worth cycling today rewards suck etc lol Obviously if they give us more woh events or 24hr woh events rewards will be nerfed big time. So with that said I think to much woh will water it down with lesser rewards. I look forward to Monday woh because it obviously offers the best rewards and I suppose because it’s (hof) only a one day event. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I enjoy woh as much as anyone and I’ve heard a lot say they would play woh all the time if it were available all the time. Respectfully I don’t think  so..🤔 I think we would have lots of people saying im bored, not worth cycling today rewards suck etc lol Obviously if they give us more woh events or 24hr woh events rewards will be nerfed big time. So with that said I think to much woh will water it down with lesser rewards. I look forward to Monday woh because it obviously offers the best rewards and I suppose because it’s (hof) only a one day event. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I'm not speaking for everyone, but at the least, I'm with @bayoubengal. It's a fun event, and I'd just like a chance to get better at it without the urgency of the event. It seems like it'd be a fun, quick game to play, if not for resources, then just to take some swings with different players against maybe different levels of pitchers. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I'm not speaking for everyone, but at the least, I'm with @bayoubengal. It's a fun event, and I'd just like a chance to get better at it without the urgency of the event. It seems like it'd be a fun, quick game to play, if not for resources, then just to take some swings with different players against maybe different levels of pitchers. 
    Maybe woh practice between events would work with little to no rewards of course. 
    Cooz19 said:
    Maybe woh practice between events would work with little to no rewards of course. 
    Yeah, I'm not even asking for rewards. Maybe just keep records or something. Whatever. I just want the game mode available to play like Slugfest (something I'd play probably more often if it wasn't costly to work on as I'm trying to build all my upgrades). The focus of it just being on playing the game.