Todays boxes?

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Could be worse. He could have had Sano’s skills. I think I’m gonna stay away from those boxes cause I’ll probably only pull Sano. 🤦‍♂️ 
    As an avid Twins fan and an active player of this game, I gotta say, the excitement of seeing that box, followed by 10 pulls resulting in Sano once is an amazingly accurate comparison to life as a Twins fan. 

You don't spend enough to be competitive year-in and year-out, and you bide your time, waiting for that one lightning-in-a-bottle year. It finally comes, and you feel like you're a part of the rest of the league (game)! Then you see it all unfold in front of you, sinking into the cold, dismal realization that it's exactly how you should have expected it would be; the result is one player who's kind of good but lacks the high-level skills that puts him on par with the best in the game. And that's as good as it's ever going to be. 

Somewhere along the line, we were damned into an existence of looking up trying to reach also-ran status. Our best recent memories are those of us thinking about what could have been, much like an adult dreaming of his childhood spent dreaming of hitting the big home run, never actually having played baseball. 

This box represents not just our recent run at mediocrity, but the jeers of "let's see where you are in September." When September rolls around, we all know we're going to be little more than a puffed up Sano with the worst possible skill in the game stacked, much like the deck stacked in favor of our run to a division title, and quick exit from the postseason. We get a little sometimes to get excited, but never close to enough to justify our excitement. 

I hate this box so very, very much, because I spent gold on it knowing what the results would be. I love the Twins so much I hate them, because I spend money on them, knowing what the results are going to be. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    So thanks to @navyjack77 and myself rechecking before I made a horrible mistake. I decided to upgrade my McMahon to d10 from d8.  also was able to upgrade his skills from 5/20 to 12/20.  how do you guys think I will now fair on classic now?   @dustyhunks
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    So thanks to @navyjack77 and myself rechecking before I made a horrible mistake. I decided to upgrade my McMahon to d10 from d8.  also was able to upgrade his skills from 5/20 to 12/20.  how do you guys think I will now fair on classic now?   @dustyhunks
    He sounds pretty badass now. Leveling to 5 with skills is like putting a purse on Rebel Wilson, putting her on a scale and expecting a huge increase. Going to 12 is like putting Melissa McCarthy on her back. Them scales is goana tip, boy!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Cooz19 What a freaking analogy!
    Cooz19 said:
    He sounds pretty badass now. Leveling to 5 with skills is like putting a purse on Rebel Wilson, putting her on a scale and expecting a huge increase. Going to 12 is like putting Melissa McCarthy on her back. Them scales is goana tip, boy!
    @Cooz19 I was actually sipping water and starting to read the post when now i am cleaning up water from my computer.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @bayoubengal McMahon is still at p10 for me but he crushed everything 98% of the time, which I guess isn't really everything but you get my point. I have his skills at 13/13. His hit now however is surpassed by last week's Classic reward and a couple of the bxp guys in boxes this week/weekend including Gamel. Still wouldn't hurt to switch for live boost unless you're attached to your losing season lol...

• Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Still wouldn't hurt to switch for live boost unless you're attached to your losing season lol...

I wouldn’t give up on seasons.  @bayoubengal previously posted about the strategy for winning that.  I was skeptical at first, but won just enough to make the playoffs, thought I was done when I got the Astros in the first round, but somehow beat them and then got the Angels and Royals for a season finals victory.
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes though depending on where you are in your season and if you need the live boost for woh it is ok to switch.  More gain if it works in woh than season. 

@Soo_Choo_Train I can not take the credit for the strategy in season mode.  I just made in more available in that thread.  You can thank @JEDDDOGGY for that
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Seems like a lot more of the same...MEH.  Was hoping the keepers would bump for labor day weekend, so maybe the disappointment is on me 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    BOZZCO said:
    Seems like a lot more of the same...MEH.  Was hoping the keepers would bump for labor day weekend, so maybe the disappointment is on me 
    I'd expect Weds at the latest. Potm boxes should drop just before that.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Happy Trails Fellas, I am done with the game.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Drops Mic...walks off into the weekend..see y'all monday.

matt_sackett said:
    That escalated quickly?  What happened?
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @Cooz19 I spent about 15k in gold total and got Hunter on pull #20 of the pity timer.
    Will prob hang onto prime Kepler as well but the others will be traded in after the weekend.

It took me 19 Mil/Chi boxes to get a player.  I pulled Cain from #19 and Rizzo from #20.  Rizzo is really the only one I wanted from the weekend boxes, so opening boxes was probably really dumb on my part, but I got lucky with my pity pull.  

Should I spend the extra 1500 gold to get fan reward Heyward and use the rest of my pxp to level him up with the weekend discount, or is pxp wasted now if it’s not on a 420 max player, since most likely even higher max primes are probably coming, and pxp isn’t growing on trees?  I’ve currently got PotM Alvarez and previous WOH rewards 350 max Yaz/Margot/McMahon at D10 in my other OF/DH spots.
    @LudwigMonster Hey, you got yourself two pretty strong dudes then! I can't spend that much (yet, grinding out videos now), but if I came out of this with Kepler and Torii, I'd find the energy to keep going in the game. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    BOZZCO said:
    @DFBB do you think we are getting a bump? I’m kinda hoping we aren’t gonna get a bump. I’ve become accustomed to the pace it allows time to acquire all 450 bats before moving on. 
    DFBB said:
    BOZZCO said:
    @DFBB do you think we are getting a bump? I’m kinda hoping we aren’t gonna get a bump. I’ve become accustomed to the pace it allows time to acquire all 450 bats before moving on. 
    Thus far, keepers have been bumped each time we get a new potm box. It would make sense for that trend to continue. I'm actually of a similar mindset as you. I like that some of our guys have had a longer life shelf this year. Last year, it moved much faster and guys weren't 'elite' for very long. I'm a bit worried that today's fan reward(Heyward) is a sign that things are about to get moving. I have a pretty decent team and the 10k fan reward is already better than everyone I have(for woh) other than Scioscia. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how things play out. For guys who think the game is stale, I'm sure it'll be a welcome change. For guys who are currently having trouble with Hof and/or Royale, things certainly won't get any easier.
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    @Cooz19 pirates fan here. I know your pain my friend 😢
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    You should join my retirement club 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    He has finished for me since I got him, at 10/10 in skills.  I’m looking for primes to upgrade from him as soon we will probably need at least a couple primes for the finishing levels.  I’d also look at what comes from PotM coming out in the next week or so too as they’ll likely be at least one temporary finisher in there, although it’s two righty guys Gurriel and Hiura have more than paid back their cost to me over this past month.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I really only want to bump because my keepers are capped.  I think personally it’s stale due to the fact you can’t grind to get pxp or lxp.   Before the primes and legends the game seemed to hum along. You could grind woh for XP’s you could grind bonus games and tourneys for picks to turn into xp.  Then you could level the reg players and it felt like you were accomplishing something. Problem was we hung around the 350s for what seemed like a long time so the pace slowed. Then primes  can’t grind, then legends can’t grind.  I don’t have a problem spending money or time on something I enjoy... I get spending gold on player box’s , but then it seems I have to spend more gold to level them!!!!  I have zero issue with a company needing to make a profit I’ve done more then my fair share to help them. I just think I need to tap out due to the lack of options. And yes I know that if I don’t like it don’t play is the normal answer , but based on things I’m reading lately I’m part of a growing group.
    I agree @BOZZCO assuming you are probably plat and diamond resources are tough for u guys. I’m silver so I don’t have much trouble with resources. Though I’d definitely like to see more pxp lxp in boxes but I’d rather chase the xp’s Vs the player. Not ready for a bump I’m lacking 450s at ss, 1b and 3b. Hoping the slow pace longer shelf life continues. 😬 I guess I’m a minority I’m really enjoying the game this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    edited August 2019
    I agree @BOZZCO assuming you are probably plat and diamond resources are tough for u guys. I’m silver so I don’t have much trouble with resources. Though I’d definitely like to see more pxp lxp in boxes but I’d rather chase the xp’s Vs the player. Not ready for a bump I’m lacking 450s at ss, 1b and 3b. Hoping the slow pace longer shelf life continues. 😬 I guess I’m a minority I’m really enjoying the game this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I'm actually enjoying '19 considerably more than '18 too. If only the android thing wasn't an issue....*sigh*
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'm actually enjoying '19 considerably more than '18 too. If only the android thing wasn't an issue....*sigh*
    @DFBB how old is your android? I had a lot of lag until I upgraded to a GalaxyS10. I do not have much lag anymore. 
    @retirepujols was kind enough to post a video of my game play on a newer android
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    @retirepujols was kind enough to post a video of my game play on a newer android
    https://youtu.be/LGyHI2frymw 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited August 2019
    @lpoheron Do you remember if that was in between events? I can sim at a good rate(maybe 2.5 games a minute) in between events, but I'm hard pressed to do 2 games a minute when events are running. For what it's worth, IOS is getting 5-6 games a minute.

edit: I'm on a pixel 2.
    @DFBB the video was in between events, but it is the same speed during all events. my cycles during WOH have almost doubled since the upgraded device.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Have a iOS device (a somewhat dated but still fairly strong 7+) yesterday was averaging 5.5 games a minute at times with FP, normally I’m at 3 to 3.5 before I overheat.
    DFBB said:
    My holder account is on a Samsung Galaxy 7 so I’ve got to experience the lag u all talk about. Needless to say I don’t play on that account much 😂. Main account is iPhone 10.