Todays boxes?

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    DFBB said:
    For what it's worth, IOS is getting 5-6 games a minute.
    Oh, at LEAST  :D
    @Cooz19 pirates fan here. I know your pain my friend 😢

That's funny, cuz I live in Pittsburgh. People here are pissed @jasonpenz7

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

I live in Pittsburgh too and I’m passed angry. I moved to apathetic a while ago. Steelers season next week and Penguins right around the corner. 
    Oh yeah, I had question on the box. Do we like the 420 Yelich with double blowout skills?  I pulled him in a CvC box. My current OF is pretty good. Would have been so much better to pull either 1B. I’m rocking a 340 Beatty there. 

Base15 said:
    I live in Pittsburgh too and I’m passed angry. I moved to apathetic a while ago. Steelers season next week and Penguins right around the corner. 
    Steelers D ain't fuckin around this year...they're gonna be good. Not sure the offense will catch up, or even be able to move much right away. Week 1 at Pats feels like a 10-6 loss, except weird shit always happens in Week 1. 

Yeah, I really don't understand why people are so up-in-arms over the Pirates. Did you not see this coming this year? Don't follow hockey much at all, but most of the trolls in social media tell me they didn't do enough of anything to think they can compete. 
    Cooz19 said: Don't follow hockey much at all, but most of the trolls in social media tell me they didn't do enough of anything to think they can compete. 
    They brought in what they could for the salary cap space that they had. No one should complain. They got into this predicament by winning Stanley Cups and trying to maximize the remainder of Crosby and Malkin careers. If it doesn’t work, that’s the way it goes. 3 cups is pretty darn good. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Oh yeah, I had question on the box. Do we like the 420 Yelich with double blowout skills?  I pulled him in a CvC box. My current OF is pretty good. Would have been so much better to pull either 1B. I’m rocking a 340 Beatty there. 

Maybe as a DH, or replace Marte with Yelich and Chirinos with Marte; but I really like your outfield with three switch hitters. Yelich with double blowout will be nice for CVC, as a WOH finisher, and in every prime/bonus/tournament game when you inevitably go up 4 runs. If you have pxp to blow, why not? If you don't have pxp to blow, you seem to be pretty solid as is. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    17 Brews vs Cubs boxes and I pulled 3x Cains lol
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

@Cooz19 I live in Weirton and since we don’t have any major sports teams here, pretty much the entire northern panhandle of the State follows Pittsburgh teams and I understand. The Pirates are woefully managed from the top all the way to the bottom. It’s crazy to see how well player do after leaving. ( Cole, Morton, Meadows  to name a few) 
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Base15 said:
    Steelers D ain't fuckin around this year...they're gonna be good. Not sure the offense will catch up, or even be able to move much right away. Week 1 at Pats feels like a 10-6 loss, except weird shit always happens in Week 1. 

Yeah, I really don't understand why people are so up-in-arms over the Pirates. Did you not see this coming this year? Don't follow hockey much at all, but most of the trolls in social media tell me they didn't do enough of anything to think they can compete. 
    Bush is going to be good and Watt should be improved. I’m not worried about D this year. JuJu is going to get a lot of double coverage this year and Washington worries me. Snell was unimpressive this pre-season and Conner is still a question mark for me so the offense has me slightly nervous this year
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Think they're having some network issues currently. Sitting at 65% after every bg for about 10-15 seconds now and chat/assets taking forever to load at main screen.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I am having lag issues on iOS this morning with chat and loading of games.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    edited August 2019
    Sad pity timer reset. 

I wasn’t really going to get to 20 anyway. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Wow - you'll be dominating prime games in no time.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    greg24211 said:
    Drew Sano which reset my timer.  Is there a worse prime out there than Sano? lol
    For whatever reason (an obvious one I would say), most of the time the pity timer gives us the worse prime in the box (390 in this case and also 390 the two times I have used the pity timer).
    Coincidence??
    edited August 2019
    Got my man.   Took 15k and the pity timer came through.   Pulled Anderson and Thames in my first 5K.  Helps soften the blow from not having the lxp to grab Mike Sciosia last week but now this dude can help kill Verlander for me.

Pity timer just came through for me too w/Rizzo (first 420 prime!) though it only took about 5k and rest of boxes via fp and CvC. Just went diamond so rolling through games but I missed the mega box Thursday. Was too involved grinding games and spaced it so I'm short the resources to cap him. Really hope they throw us a bone this holiday weekend and make the mega pxp box available tomorrow afternoon so I can cap him.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    0-14 on boxes so far
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    likenight said:
    0-14 on boxes so far
    Just go another 6 and BOOM, you got yourself a prime player... maybe that Sano who is only great for season mode.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    My counter is now at 12. Exciting!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @CanadaCubs That's where Rizzo came from for me. From May on that's where most of my players came from. I don't by many boxes at all really.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    My counter for the brewers box is at 19 and im 0-19 I’m that box 😕 at least I know I’m getting a prime on next one.  Hopefully rizzo 😬
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I have 420 Vogelbach, 420 Muncy and 400 Hosmer, and I'd still welcome Rizzo to my roster.  You can never have too many left handed first basemen
    Just no.  
    I pulled chase Anderson on my 20th 🤢. I still have two 380 prime starting pitchers active the rest are 400 and catfish with four 400 primes sitting ina. I’ve been on the fence about wether it’s worth leveling them? I have 445k pxp but still.... I just hate to waste it on pitchers.😕
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Got him on my 20th box via CvC, but upset he’s a first basemen with having Alonso and Olsen. Didn’t realize until I leveled him. I guess I don’t have to chase Hayward as much. 

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    this was my 20th box. meh..
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I think this pity timer was a way to not give any players away until box 20 or close to it. I've found it extremely tough to get players since it was implemented. People wanted it now they want it gone. It's a joke.
  • greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Pity timer on both types of boxes gave me prime SPs.....weak
    Bwianman said:
    I think this pity timer was a way to not give any players away until box 20 or close to it. I've found it extremely tough to get players since it was implemented. People wanted it now they want it gone. It's a joke.
    I’ve experienced the same this weekend only pulling a prime or legend on 20th box. I’m gonna chalk it up to just bad luck last weekend I had better luck pulling primes before the 20th. Just how it goes I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Thankful the pity timer is there 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah, grabbing a dude on pull 20 is better than pull never. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I was pretty hyped when my timer hit 19. Then, Chase Anderson popped out and ruined the party. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.