Weekend rewards vs upgrade discount

JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
So I drew Thames this weekend and his max overall is an upgrade against Josh Bell. Pretty sure I know where the value is but join the 30% upgrade club and upgrade Thames or stick in my club that has tier 6 rewards and is top 50? Cannot cap Thames even with the 30% if that changes your opinion. 

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    How far can you take him? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I'm gold and can get him into gold. Haven't done the exact math but I think he will be about G3/G4. currently just short of 47k pxp. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I always go for the .3 discount over weekend rewards. If it upgrades a position of need it's a valuable player...its a no brainier for me. Weekend rewards aren't very good unless you are at least top 10.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Made the move... kept Bell for now and got Thames to Gold 5 without dumping him (only got 3.2k to dump him and it wouldn't have added a level anyway.) Thanks @DFBB for the club! 

• Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    To me it’s simple, I use a .3 and forgo club rewards if I have a prime or legend and can upgrade him. I’ll take the chance to go to level 8 on skills, or if it’s the highest level, I like to have a few skills to 10-12 depending.
    regardless, take the discount bc legend and prime xp is more valuable than cash and XP so I’m down w giving that up to get the newbie higher
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    If I’m giving it up I like to take advantage bc the skills are 7.5,10.5, and 17.5 I think, and 2.1,5.5,10.5 which saves a ton.  Have some saved up before the weekend 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    I always go for the .3 discount over weekend rewards. If it upgrades a position of need it's a valuable player...its a no brainier for me. Weekend rewards aren't very good unless you are at least top 10.
    I don’t care if my club finishes first, no way I stay club tied through the weekend.  Too many things I need to do!!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah even with 20% discount this weekend I had to jump. That 10% for even just a bxp player in diamond is 33k!