Today's Boxes

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
Am I missing something, or are the two boxes almost identical?  in Box II, you get a slightly higher pull rate for Legends and Primes, and get slightly higher pull rates for PXP (vs. LXP).  In Box I, you get slightly lower rates on players, but a slightly higher chance of LXP (vs. PXP).  And, of course, they cost the same.  Seems like a dumb reason to have two boxes.
Prev1

Comments

• goodbadnocreditgoodbadnocredit Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I was wondering the same thing. 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Pity timer resets on box II “if any player is pulled”.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Looks like Box II resets on any player, whereas Box I only resets on Prime or better players.  So that 0.5% chance of pulling a Prime/Legend comes at the cost of not having an effective pity timer.

That said, for what it's worth, I bought 2 of Box II, and pulled Max 360 Cabrera on the first and Max 420 Ryu on the second.  Now have to decide if I want to use my entire PXP stash to cap Ryu as my new ace.
  • goodbadnocreditgoodbadnocredit Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Thanks!
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I think the box is decent, the bxp players are awful, but I like the legends, Ryu and Bell
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    for me the only players that would make my team are the legends. Ryu/Trout/Bell are 10 points higher than my current players in their positions so I would not waste PXP for such a slight improvement.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I could really only use Jimmie so box is no good for me 😕I would never pull him even with 65k gold. Surprised we jumped to 470 expected 460. I think I’ll wait until there are two 470 bats in box.Hopefully this weekend 😬
    yeah, that's why I didn't pull the trigger in this box. I figured that if only legends were useful to me, with their low odds it was crazy to waste the gold. 
  • joe040joe040 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    For Petit I used the Big Dreams 420 Bellinger, he handled it easy
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    The box rewards at 2500 might be worth it just at that tbh
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    More lab monkey focus group testing.....which button will we push when we are hungry.....
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Pulled this guy from CvC. I need a righty, but thinking he’s sadly not my guy. 

Agree. I hate those DH players.
    I hope I don't pull him because he would go straight to trade-in. I already got a 420 prime Nelson Cruz (DH) that I leveled to S10. Not doing that again for just 10 points.
    He’s worth 200 gold today prior to being traded in. 
    and of course, I pulled DH Nelson Cruz from the vip gift. Exactly what I said I didn't want. are you kidding me?
    Like other have said in the past, it seems like GLU is listening :s
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    GLU....If you are listening I DO NOT want Jimmie Fox  
    GLU....If you are listening I DO NOT want Jimmie Fox  :D

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I'm thinking of abandoning the chase altogether for weekends and just throwing a chunk of bxp at my HoF Edgar keeper to get him to D5 at least. I need a better option for rhb and it's starting to make less sense to go after traditional bxp players any longer. Pxp may be better suited for skills at this point, unless the fan rewards 5k player is 420+ prime.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Outside of POTM, I agree no bxp guys are worthwhile @dustyhunks
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Pulled Aquino, Bregman, Clevinger and Vazquez yesterday. Aquino is probably all I will cap. I also have enough pxp to cap a worthwhile prime this weekend but if the player's not there it just goes in the bank. Cha-ching!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @dustyhunks Yeah, exact same situation here. I have enough pxp to cap a worthwhile prime but if that player doesn’t fall in my lap this weekend then I’ll be upgrading some skills on current players to the lxp tiers. 

Kinda seems like you said, pxp is mainly only usable for skills now unless you pull the perfect prime (430 with desirable skills).
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m at the point where yeah I have a few 400 guys at mid diamond and they’ll stay where they are.  I did get Alvarez so at least this month I have a quality LH finisher.  I’d be open to leveling non PotM players at 420+ as they’ll be usable for at least a few months.  I’ll try for Aquino for a few days longer if I don’t get him (only because favorite team meh), the next step and my club might not like me much would be to hoard resources and begin to level at least my Hosmer keeper (2x RHP with a current 428 max) and accumulate pxp/lxp with D6 cycle gold till I can cash in on a weekend/field pass.  Was upset I couldn’t take advantage last weekend having a Thursday win and FO and not pulling a worthwhile guy to use it on so put some of that toward skills so have to reload again.  
    Here’s what I think of todays boxes:

Even on 10/1 better than any bxp I picked up today from fp boxes. And with that my weekend shopping is done...
    I spent a TON on POTM boxes chasing Alvarez, and pulled Aquino instead.  I really would prefer the lefty Alvarez though.  The chase will continue as soon as I complete my current Diamond level ...
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I spent a TON on POTM boxes chasing Alvarez, and pulled Aquino instead.  I really would prefer the lefty Alvarez though.  The chase will continue as soon as I complete my current Diamond level ...
    I’m in the same boat except I got Bregman and Clevinger. I’m about 350 games away from cycling D6 again, so I hope that will do the trick. Looking forward to Monday’s WOH as well.
    I’m in the same boat except I got Bregman and Clevinger. I’m about 350 games away from cycling D6 again, so I hope that will do the trick. Looking forward to Monday’s WOH as well.
    I'm 50 games away from finishing D2, so shouldn't be long before I blow through another 5 boxes
    @dustyhunks POTM players are not eligible for the 30% weekend discount, right?
    No only bonus players.
    I don’t think I’d level up a single player in either box. Oh well. Can spend more time on yard work this weekend. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m generally happier that I spent gold enough for 19 PotM boxes which I got all 3 hitters, pulled Flaherty 3 times, Clevinger and Vasquez then spending anything close to that on the stuff they put out this weekend.