Multiplier. Sorry....

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
I'm sure this seems like another rant how my club went  from 3rd to 71st. But that's now what its about. A few weeks ago I was in a club and around 2pm eastern time someone had said. Bonus games x5  and I think it was prime x3.  So naturally I played bonus games. Sure as 💩 9:30 rolled around and it spot on for the multiplier. In a solo club today. Playing the 💩 out of my POTW Molina. Asked in global and got 3 immediate responses saying tourneys were x4 today and everything else was x1. My question is what's the point of multipliers. Some ppl know. Some ppl dont. So why even have them. It just doesnt make sense. I'd personally rather see no mulitpiers. Spend 9 hours in a event only to get ur butt kicked in the finally 2 hours. I know I cant be the only one to feel this way. And well if I am thing glu doesnt listen to the little non VIP player like me  

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Why i dont play on Wednesday’s ⬆️ 
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @mythicaldragon. I mean to me it would make sense to keep it a fair playing board that you would just have all total points in the event. Not any of this x2 x3  x5 stuff. What u get is what you get. Ur just rewarding the better clubs. Who seem to know what the multiplier is. Than u have the whole rebracket thing. Which was funny today. Had clubs with 250 300 million in bracket before multiplier. Than after somehow they weren't in there and only 2 clubs I think were over what they had. But nooooooo rebrqckting here lol
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For once my club got a favorable rebracket, going from around 16-17 in a mid tier bracket to 6th in a small one.  I did play a lot of tourneys due to having both Verlander and Molina though.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It seems to always be bg or tourney's and the clubs that benefit the most are those with the most diamond teams that just grind and grind and grind. I did same with JV and Molina; tourney until around 3 or 4, then bg to cycle d6 by 9:30 and tourney rest of way. We dropped from 5th to 7th but were able to push in last few minutes to get 4th. If it were towards something that didn't promote cycling d6 I wouldn't even bother.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
     250 300 million in bracket before multiplier. Than after somehow they weren't in there and only 2 clubs I think were over what they had. 
    I've yet to see a Wednesday bracket that low 🤯 But yeah, the re bracket is hogwash. Wednesdays and Thursdays are for diamond guys to shine, otherwise you might as well play just to build resources 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    How do people know the multipliers ahead of time?
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
     250 300 million in bracket before multiplier. Than after somehow they weren't in there and only 2 clubs I think were over what they had. 
    I've yet to see a Wednesday bracket that low 🤯 But yeah, the re bracket is hogwash. Wednesdays and Thursdays are for diamond guys to shine, otherwise you might as well play just to build resources 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah being gold I only hit the marks to get the free 200 gold.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It seems to always be bg or tourney's and the clubs that benefit the most are those with the most diamond teams that just grind and grind and grind. I did same with JV and Molina; tourney until around 3 or 4, then bg to cycle d6 by 9:30 and tourney rest of way. We dropped from 5th to 7th but were able to push in last few minutes to get 4th. If it were towards something that didn't promote cycling d6 I wouldn't even bother.
    This season it definitely seems like Wednesdays benefit diamond teams more then the previous years.   Last year it would have been about cycling WOH but this year its usually a way to get an extra weekly cycle in.  Played 250 tourney's yesterday and gathered lots of Bonus games for today if needed as well as an extra 7500 gold in my pocket.   If i wasnt diamond tho, not sure how i'd deal with it.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
    Back in the prehistoric days of TSB I was in a club that would win multiple brackets every weekend. The leader was very secretive about how he chose the club. I see some things haven’t changed.  
    @retirepujols yeah well I'm not a big player like some of your guys diamond teams. Plus I tried a reset. And that def seemed to help alot. Clearly.  @bigvivec I'm assuming that's directed at me and that's fine. So it's ok for some to talk about the multiplier amongst each other but than it's not ok for those who dont know to talk about not knowing?
    @retirepujols yeah well I'm not a big player like some of your guys diamond teams. Plus I tried a reset. And that def seemed to help alot. Clearly.  @bigvivec I'm assuming that's directed at me and that's fine. So it's ok for some to talk about the multiplier amongst each other but than it's not ok for those who dont know to talk about not knowing?
    I've had my moments, but I'm nowhere near "big time" lol. I just, for whatever reason, always end up in dumb brackets. Yesterday I scored a whopping 2 mil 🤷🏻‍♂️ last I checked, we were about 80 billion out of first 😂 it's sad that I'm not exaggerating
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    There are no secrets.  Anybody who says there is some kind of hidden network where multipliers are shared is only trying to justify why Wednesday results are so consistently bad.   Good clubs just score a bazillion points in each category.  No conspiracy; the rebracketing is what makes the bottom fall out on some teams.  
    There are no secrets but if there were you don’t gain access to them by running around in circles yelling “I want to know the secret!”  LOL
    @bigvivec I get that huge clubs score gazillions and bazillions of points. Keep them guys in their own bracket. Lol. I'm not trying to figure out what the multipliers are on a weekly basis. I just thought it was funny that when I asked on global that within 2 minutes 3 ppl knew exactly what they were. It would be best In my opinion. Just do away with the multiplier or reveal it at the start of the event. Wouldn't most if not everyone agree with that
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    @bigvivec I get that huge clubs score gazillions and bazillions of points. Keep them guys in their own bracket. Lol. I'm not trying to figure out what the multipliers are on a weekly basis. I just thought it was funny that when I asked on global that within 2 minutes 3 ppl knew exactly what they were. It would be best In my opinion. Just do away with the multiplier or reveal it at the start of the event. Wouldn't most if not everyone agree with that
    The multiplier is fine, if it’s truly a surprise. But as you said, people are spreading it all over the place so someone knows. If they want to keep it, I’m with you in that they should reveal it at the start so that everyone knows it. 

Also, that would probably eliminate the rebracketing. That may be the worst part of this multiplier. Yesterday, I was put into a bracket with a group that had over 10 Billion points when they rebracketed. They were ready and prepared for this while we were thrown into the luck of the draw. I’ve never understood the bracket concept of this game. How groups that can’t score much keep getting bracketed with the whales is what gets me. I don’t the game fixed so I can win. I just don’t understand how they put groups with lower totals in past events with the groups that always win.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    The multiplier is fine, if it’s truly a surprise. But as you said, people are spreading it all over the place so someone knows. If they want to keep it, I’m with you in that they should reveal it at the start so that everyone knows it. 

Also, that would probably eliminate the rebracketing. That may be the worst part of this multiplier. Yesterday, I was put into a bracket with a group that had over 10 Billion points when they rebracketed. They were ready and prepared for this while we were thrown into the luck of the draw. I’ve never understood the bracket concept of this game. How groups that can’t score much keep getting bracketed with the whales is what gets me. I don’t the game fixed so I can win. I just don’t understand how they put groups with lower totals in past events with the groups that always win.

I mean, it's the same reason the Baltimore Orioles are allowed to keep playing in the AL East.  The Yankees and Red Sox need somebody to play against (and usually beat up on).  I've played with big clubs, I've played in solo clubs, I've played in good clubs, I have played in bad clubs.  I have no complaints about getting grouped with guys who are better than me.  I just don't like being duped into thinking I'm doing well, and then getting slapped in the face at 930 EST when my top 10 club gets dropped to 75th. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    There are no secrets.  Anybody who says there is some kind of hidden network where multipliers are shared is only trying to justify why Wednesday results are so consistently bad.   Good clubs just score a bazillion points in each category.  No conspiracy; the rebracketing is what makes the bottom fall out on some teams.  
    There may not be a secret conspiracy but they leak the multipliers somehow cause some people know what they are very early into the event.
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @tocopan18. I totally agree. I'm fortunate to have someone share them and they've never been wrong so for sure they are leaked.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    sullipa8 said:

I mean, it's the same reason the Baltimore Orioles are allowed to keep playing in the AL East.  The Yankees and Red Sox need somebody to play against (and usually beat up on).  I've played with big clubs, I've played in solo clubs, I've played in good clubs, I have played in bad clubs.  I have no complaints about getting grouped with guys who are better than me.  I just don't like being duped into thinking I'm doing well, and then getting slapped in the face at 930 EST when my top 10 club gets dropped to 75th. 
    Yeah, I understand the big boys need someone to play. So i know from time to time we will get those groups. And if we do get those groups, it’s good know if we should push or just back off and try another day. Then of course the multiplier hits on a day where you thought you had a shot and it’s been a waste of resources.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Not playing wed and  Thursday’s It works out pretty well for me as I usually end up with a good bracket for the weekend. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I lose 9 out of 10 bonus games so I rarely play on bg day. Just not worth it lol
    I’m just here for the free cvc boxes 😬
    See now to me having a multiplier is basically like playing a event without know what the bonus players points are. Might as well keep that section blank and keep it a guessing game. Its truly the same thing. Unless like we have said. U know the multipier before hand
    There’s a few birds out there that release the multipliers 15-30min after event starts. 
    At this point, it seems like 25% of clubs have the info within an hour of the event starting. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It’s not foolproof but you sometimes can tell what might get a better multiplier by who gets slotted for what kind of bonus, I don’t remember exactly but was Verlander a bonus guy anywhere but tourneys?  I reiterate it’s not an exact science and I’m sure some have an idea via leak.  I would have played tourneys yesterday regardless because it helps me set up for Thursday but it helped that it happened to be the multiplier that was above 1 and turned a top 20 into 6th place so I did a few blocks more than I would have.
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    No, they dont score a bazillion points in every category. They score 20 bazillion points in the top category. Because they no, often before the event starts.
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    .... Know* also yes @CanadaCubs, there's an entire dif strategy for Wednesday's, thanks to the rebracket
    Oh boy, I see some trouble makers in here 😅