Options

Slugfest, Help

hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
im currently gold, I have 5, 5 star sluggers capped. Working on the other few. My two highest are my legend and trout who are 193. I’m struggling to get to 5-10, and could not beat it yesterday. Is it still possible with boosts?

Comments

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I would say it is possible but will for sure require the 100 gold and then some serious luck. I struggled a little on 5 and that is WITH having completed the last 4 weeks of slugfest. I will say, the slugger reward keeps going up in rank each week.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited September 2019
    at gold, you should be able to beat it if you boost your capped legend/trout. i didn't boost at all yesterday - i never boost - and made it through without replay using my sluggers (granted i have donaldson, brantley, simien, etc. from the past 6 weeks of cycling). for reference, donaldson is 221. trout with a 10% boost should get you pretty close. just need some luck and/or perfect timing - it comes down to how far you hit the hrs, not just hitting them - lots of times they won't miss starting with 5.5 onwards
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I was having trouble autoplaying level 2 yesterday -- i clearly waited too long to start cycling again after I went gold.  I only have my legend and three gold sluggers (Gallo, Arenado and Chavis, who are like 193, 191 and 189 at gold 10).  I was losing 2.5 consistently. 

I was willing to spend to get Bellinger, but I couldn't even get close.  Probably wasted resources on leveling those three sluggers to gold.    

• Options
    KSMETS said:
    I would say it is possible but will for sure require the 100 gold and then some serious luck. I struggled a little on 5 and that is WITH having completed the last 4 weeks of slugfest. I will say, the slugger reward keeps going up in rank each week.
    Thanks man. I’ll see what I can do next wk
  • Options
    criffy said:
    at gold, you should be able to beat it if you boost your capped legend/trout. i didn't boost at all yesterday - i never boost - and made it through without replay using my sluggers (granted i have donaldson, brantley, simien, etc. from the past 6 weeks of cycling). for reference, donaldson is 221. trout with a 10% boost should get you pretty close. just need some luck and/or perfect timing - it comes down to how far you hit the hrs, not just hitting them - lots of times they won't miss starting with 5.5 onwards
    Thanks man, I’ll give it another shot next wk