Field pass

jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
Field pass is dumb! Change my mind!

Comments

• effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I haven’t missed an edition;  just the package of boxes and gold makes it almost worth it with the discounts and end rewards really making it a must buy.   The autoplay is just a delicious amenity..... 🙏 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I buy it for the gold and boxes but mostly for the leveling discount it makes a huge difference especially if you are leveling several players. Auto play is nice but it’s all about the leveling discount for me.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’ve only done it once, this week actually. The free gold and boxes give it immediate value, but the 20% discount is the only way I was able to get Scoscia from B1 up to Gold 8. That’s huge value, equal to about 22k Lxp. Then the milestone rewards aren’t bad (I’ve hit 3 milestones). And the auto play feature is fantastic, I’m really going to miss it next week. 

I would never pay $10 a week, but as a one time thing, it’s been a blast. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I got FP on Monday. For $10, I saved/received:

-1250 gold.
    -3 Yankee boxes.
    -saved 7k lxp and 1800 gold on skills for Sciosca.
    -saved 44k lxp on cycle capping Rizzuto; saved another 2k lxp on his skills; saved 540 gold on evolving.
    -got at least one more d6 cycle in(7500 gold).
    -from the milestones, i got: 35k pxp, 7.5k lxp, 20k bxp, 180k cash, 2k pennants, 2x mega prime boxes, and 2x legend improve boxes(75mill cvc tier).

Most importantly, it makes the game more fun. I realize everyone's situation is different, but it works out rather nicely for guys in my situation. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheGudguyTheGudguy Registered Users, Member 1 Posts

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I would say the weekend costing twice as much for one less day is dumb... but there is also the potential to get up to a 50% leveling discount on your roster so there is that perk. I think overall it is worth it just not always worth it to my bank account.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I do not purchase the weekend FP, but I buy the weekly one every Monday morning. There are multiple reasons for this. 
    1.  It comes with 1250 gold
    2.  It comes with 2-3 of the boxes for Mon and Tue which equates to 1000 or more gold
    3.  The 20% leveling discount allows for cheaper cycle capping of Mon and Wed WOH rewards.
    4.  The auto play full game feature allows me to complete at least 50% more games on Wed and Thur to cycle Diamond 6 faster.
    5.  The milestones are just an afterthought for me, but I usually get up to level 4 or 5.

All of this being said, I feel the weekly FP ($9.99) is an amazing value if you are looking to build your team. Just my opinion.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree with the majority of the forum here. I do the 9.99 for all of the above reasons. Right now I’m working on keepers to d10 and was able to take hosmer from gold10 to diamond on Monday.plus the auto play on bonus games.  This game would be much more if a grind without it. I dont do the weekend since I never have enough pxp to level a prime-even if i were in a discount club 
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I can’t play without fieldpass.  If I wasn’t diamond, I wouldn’t waste money on it tho
    I do love the auto play entire game part of field pass I just don’t think there are enough CVC matches in order to take full advantage of the milestones, unless your one of the heavy hitters that can put up 10 million per match 
  • jasonpenz7jasonpenz7 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Ok it worked lol! Y’all changed my mind 😎👍
    I can’t play without fieldpass.  If I wasn’t diamond, I wouldn’t waste money on it tho
    I do love the auto play entire game part of field pass I just don’t think there are enough CVC matches in order to take full advantage of the milestones, unless your one of the heavy hitters that can put up 10 million per match 

I've had the same problem. 50M is a big number for a gold CVC club, let alone 75M and higher. 
    Well, I'm done with battles.  I can accept when I'm not good enough.  My best slugger is Joey Gallo (193), and I face Cody Bellinger (223) in basically every matchup.  And the one time I didn't, I lost by 4 feet.  I won one out of 5 (guy with Cody missed a homer) and called it quits. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I never get the cvc milestone since I'm only scoring mostly less than 100 points, and win, per CVC match. I get FP for the purchase rewards, discount and autoplay. Milestones aren't important to me.
    ~UNAGI~
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @Ebiggz play your entries in other clubs, then run back to your club for the easy win
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    @Ebiggz play your entries in other clubs, then run back to your club for the easy win
    Ohhhhh shiiiiiiit. Damn, why didn't I think of that! Definitely doing that the next time I get fp
    ~UNAGI~
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Just be careful doing that in clash - something buggy in the way the multiplier follows you. I play in dormant bronze for milestone points on Tuesday and jump into diamond or plat for last entry- even a 10 point final round can register something nuts like 800,000 if you had a solid first 8 rounds in the prior club. But saying that the clash multiplier is great and reaching 75m on Tuesday alone is not that crazy hard with the right strategy
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Aren’t the points scored before buying field pass supposed to count?  I know I saw points there before, but my WOH points from today aren’t displayed. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Never having bought FP yet, just to confirm, leveling discount applies to skills as well? About to bite the bullet.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Yes- discount applies to skills.  Make sure you upgrade your players on the "Improve" tab.  I don't think the discount applies if you upgrade under the "Batters" or "Pitchers" tabs.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    CalNate said:
    Yes- discount applies to skills.  Make sure you upgrade your players on the "Improve" tab.  I don't think the discount applies if you upgrade under the "Batters" or "Pitchers" tabs.
    Thanks. 👍
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Aren’t the points scored before buying field pass supposed to count?  I know I saw points there before, but my WOH points from today aren’t displayed. 
    That is what was advertised, but I have read from multiple posts that prepoints have not been counting. That is why I buy the FP as soon as WOH starts Monday morning.
    I didn’t expect there to be a forum club that I’d score 100m points in. Lol. Didn’t think about FP at the time. Oh well. Saves me 10 bucks. 
    Put in a ticket asking for a clarification.