VIP gifts dropping today?

13Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @navyjack77 thats an awesome haul man! Being a first time recipient of the vip rewards, im just glad to get anything. That being said, is the newsletter in the email or am i missing something
    It could potentially be in your spam/promotions section. It also seems to vary as far as when you'll get it. Some have already received it and some may not receive it until late tonight.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    @DFBB thanks for the info, much appreciated  :)
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    All I can say is that when you VIPs that are correctly signed up with your info in the VIP Personal Info section - don't get the 2nd newsletter monthly gift - submitting a CS ticket is a useless affair, a waste of time, and will probably cause you to quit playing this game.

I've been down this road multiple times already. 

The reality of the situation - is that GLU has a glitch with their system/database/process - whatever you want to call it for figuring out who gets these 2nd newsletter gifts. Not only is their process flawed - they are unwilling to acknowledge it- and instead will put the blame on the customer (as always).

In my situation - my personal info - has been entered and saved in that tab - from the first day that they rolled out this new feature many months ago.

Some months I have gotten the 2nd newsletter gift - some months I have not.

Each time I get bypassed I enter a ticket. Each time I enter a ticket - I get a new runaround non-answer - that ultimately blames me for not having the information entered. Really? I have a Masters Degree - but I'm not smart enough enter my name, phone number, email address, and hit save?

Each time I enter a ticket - I also point out to them that my information has been in there from day 1. It was obviously there the previous month (as I got the gift). 

Then the non-sensical BS answers (I refer to them as lies) come back from CS.

Once I was told - that the 2nd Newsletter gift is not guaranteed for all. It only goes to a "select" group of VIPS. And I wasn't part of the select group apparently. This is a big lie. They're original newsletter touting the whole signing up for the gift - didn't state that it was a random distribution.

Last month I was told again that my info was not entered in time for the gift. Again - I can assure you that the info has been in there many months. Again - I told them - please check last month....i got the gift...my info is there.
    CS acknowledged I got the gift the prior month, so my info was there, but now this month its not there.
    Really? Just vanished? Even though I can see it is still there? 
    So - finally after much in depth analysis and research on their part (this is where I thought they might actually admit their database was corrupt) CS came back and told me that they had traced the issue to...and i quote..."Updates made on your side". Therefore you get nothing.

Stunned, I wrote back and asked them - what updates were made on my side? 
    (Hell I was interested - since I didn't update anything....what the hell were they talking about)

CS response - (this is not a quote): Uh....we can't tell what was updated on your side.

So - anyways I have tried to do the correct thing. I've put in tickets on multiple ocassions. I have tried to logically walk them thru the steps to show them that they have a problem with their database/process. That info that is there one month, seems to disappear the next. However - in typical GLU fashion - they don't want to do a serious investigation. They just go with the easy blame shift. It sucks. But if you VIPS just expect this to happen - maybe you won't get all hacked off like I did initially.

• BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    All I can say is that when you VIPs that are correctly signed up with your info in the VIP Personal Info section - don't get the 2nd newsletter monthly gift - submitting a CS ticket is a useless affair, a waste of time, and will probably cause you to quit playing this game.

I've been down this road multiple times already. 

The reality of the situation - is that GLU has a glitch with their system/database/process - whatever you want to call it for figuring out who gets these 2nd newsletter gifts. Not only is their process flawed - they are unwilling to acknowledge it- and instead will put the blame on the customer (as always).

In my situation - my personal info - has been entered and saved in that tab - from the first day that they rolled out this new feature many months ago.

Some months I have gotten the 2nd newsletter gift - some months I have not.

Each time I get bypassed I enter a ticket. Each time I enter a ticket - I get a new runaround non-answer - that ultimately blames me for not having the information entered. Really? I have a Masters Degree - but I'm not smart enough enter my name, phone number, email address, and hit save?

Each time I enter a ticket - I also point out to them that my information has been in there from day 1. It was obviously there the previous month (as I got the gift). 

Then the non-sensical BS answers (I refer to them as lies) come back from CS.

Once I was told - that the 2nd Newsletter gift is not guaranteed for all. It only goes to a "select" group of VIPS. And I wasn't part of the select group apparently. This is a big lie. They're original newsletter touting the whole signing up for the gift - didn't state that it was a random distribution.

Last month I was told again that my info was not entered in time for the gift. Again - I can assure you that the info has been in there many months. Again - I told them - please check last month....i got the gift...my info is there.
    CS acknowledged I got the gift the prior month, so my info was there, but now this month its not there.
    Really? Just vanished? Even though I can see it is still there? 
    So - finally after much in depth analysis and research on their part (this is where I thought they might actually admit their database was corrupt) CS came back and told me that they had traced the issue to...and i quote..."Updates made on your side". Therefore you get nothing.

Stunned, I wrote back and asked them - what updates were made on my side? 
    (Hell I was interested - since I didn't update anything....what the hell were they talking about)

CS response - (this is not a quote): Uh....we can't tell what was updated on your side.

So - anyways I have tried to do the correct thing. I've put in tickets on multiple ocassions. I have tried to logically walk them thru the steps to show them that they have a problem with their database/process. That info that is there one month, seems to disappear the next. However - in typical GLU fashion - they don't want to do a serious investigation. They just go with the easy blame shift. It sucks. But if you VIPS just expect this to happen - maybe you won't get all hacked off like I did initially.

Well, I hope I don't get the same run around. I just got a response and was told that I have not recieved the gift yet, but supposedly they come out in batches, and to rest assure, I will be getting it shortly. Therefore they will close out the ticket. I kept the ticket open and stated that I am certain that I have been registered and have not recieved these second gifts in the past. But I do have them on record as saying I will  recieve the gift. So we'll see if they will stand by their response. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I stand corrected @retirepujols. You are tHe man👍🏼
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I had to disagree @fahhq2, I couldn't pass that one up 😂 the newsletter gift seems to be something to expect 😉👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Still haven’t got Alvarez from the POTM boxes. How many do I need to buy? 😢 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Still haven’t got Alvarez from the POTM boxes. How many do I need to buy? 😢 
    Always one more
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    BBBBBingo