WOH for 9/9/19

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @retirepujols You've got this!
    Just no.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    FYI, especially for diamond guys, it seems like the pitch calling has been increased.  I saw 6.7 at 80, 6.8 at 82 and 6.9 at 86.  I can assume 6.10 might be close to 90
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Verlander being a cock today. First cycle np ( besides the triple play he put on me ). Next time 0/5....that is with maxed scioscia 12/12 with an 80 gold boost, last AB 9 straight curve balls.....what......im cycling classic until live boost for the survival of my phone, because it almost got launched
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This guy has been killing it for me. I leveled his skills to 16/16.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    And I just pulled this guy from the classic box.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    FYI, especially for diamond guys, it seems like the pitch calling has been increased.  I saw 6.7 at 80, 6.8 at 82 and 6.9 at 86.  I can assume 6.10 might be close to 90
    I can confirm that 6.10 is at 90.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @DFBB you were correct about Rizzuto. He got Verlander without out in the 6th try.
    Interesting enough (and reinforcing my weird "over-boost theory"), Rizzuto failed twice with 80 gold boost, failed twice with 40 gold boost and failed once with free video boost. Then he beat Verlander (no outs) without any boost at all!!! 
    What the heck is that? Coincidence?

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Anyone see it increase mid-AB? I nearly lost my sh!t on 4.10 in classic after 3 or 4 foul balls on straight pitches with tied score and no out and the pitch calling increase popped. Nothing but carny pitches that are never hits after that for 6 straight outs.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Trouble with the "corkscrew"?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Alvarez has been more of a p***y of the month than player of the month for me 😤
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Alvarez has been more of a p***y of the month than player of the month for me 😤
    Oh snaps. In that case, I REALLY want. :)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    😂😂😂 yeah, I guess that sounds much better than I meant it to lmao
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Forgot to account for Evo needed to level up when moving to Diamond & only had enough for 2. What a bonehead move, but still finished off levels 5 &6 HoF in 24 minutes after live boost kicked. No duplicate player uses, but I did use 80gold boost on 4.7-4.10, 5.7-5.10, & 6.5-6.10. So even if you think you royally screwed up, you can recover & compete with some investment....though I dont recommend it.
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Yeehaw! 30k gold spent chasing POTM Alvarez and I’m lxp broke now but Mookie looks pretty damn good. 
  • tacobravestacobraves Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I cycled All Star for the first time tonight. Man it feels good.....
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @effschmoo2 Thanks. You're an enabler. Your post made me throw gold at 4 Potm boxes:

Flaherty, Chapman, 12k pxp....and Alvarez. Thanks again! B)
    After playing with him for awhile...have to say Mookie Wilson is da bomb. Best player reward of the year so far. Switch hitter...."gender" neutral skills....totally revolutionizes the woh roster!
    Finally! 13x cycles later and Mookie is capped!
    dang......
    But what about that other guy from classic????
    But what about that other guy from classic????
    I dont do classic anymore. I've done one cycle of classic in the last six weeks.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    OH! MY! GOD!!!!! I just defeated Verlander for my first EVER defeat of HOF! Thanks to all you guys for tips... especially the @DFBB, @retirepujols etc of the forum.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I love the hit rating but in real life the hit and power ratings would be reversed. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Finally! 13x cycles later and Mookie is capped!
    You, sir, are not of this world, and that's okay lol.  Wish I could've beaten Paxton, but he said nah man get those trashy hitters outta here.
    Just no.  
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Got it done with 54 seconds left
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Got Mookie. With only enough lxp to level 1 legend, I can’t pull the trigger on anyone that isn’t perfect for my team. Would love to trade Mookie for the Cabrera in the box. 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Got it done with 54 seconds left
    I got it at 12:01 lmaooo
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

Ain't no @DFBB machine but got my cycle cap with 9x hof cycles at gold. In case anyone was interested in how mookie looks at g10
  • eazybreezyeazybreezy Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    For those of you that do cycle cap HOF, are you having to use gold to do so? 
    It took me 3 tries and just under 1000 gold, around 950, to make it this time. My first time making Hof. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @navyjack77
    I used about 2k in gold today to cycle cap. Would have been similar last week but got stuck in Verlander rng hell one cycle which cost me like 3k alone. Hope that's a helpful benchmark in case you're thinking about trying. It literally takes all day though