Clash advice, tips, wth

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts

So the bottom picture is my last round of weekend c vs c, and obviously the others clash...same setup bonus player and c vs c sub...yet I still can’t get a hit off a 50-60 overall pitcher manually playing, and I top out around 300k with autoplay...is there really that dramatic of a difference between the two, am I being handicapped....any info would be great!

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Are you gold? The gold teams in my club that put up ginormous CvC numbers struggle mightily in clash. I'm talking a guy who can throw up a 500M round in CvC can't do more than 5M in Clash.

Conversely, our diamond teams do really well in Clash. I don't think we necessarily do "better" in Clash than CvC but we aren't nerfed like our gold teams seem to be.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah I’m gold, thanks @jeddoggy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I don’t know, there’s a guy in Tito’s that can put up 100mil total in clash thats gold. Not playing with them today so not sure what rounds are like but he generally doesn’t have a problem at all. Oddly, last week in diamond I put up a 3mil round manually in clash. I couldnt make an out. It may have been first round of day as I had an easy time putting up a mil today in first match, autoplay. Second match I could only do 70k. 

Clash is THE worst, hands down. Its bugged or theres a secret and I usually avoid it. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Gold team in my club just sim'd 33mill in clash. He later sim'd 68mill(with the cvc sub) as well. Fwiw, I'm diamond and my sims are not very good. However, I can bat all day. Earlier, with both video boosts and Mookie as a bonus, I batted for 45+mins while making just one out and had almost 39mill before ending the round. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    That’s what bugs me, I see 70-100k gold teams put up a couple mil no problem, yet my sledgehammer can’t do shit. I used to be able to when I was silver then they nerfed my team in all c vs c modes so I went gold, which is great in normal c vs c again but is still useless in clash...most pennants capped or at 50+ and all upgrades capped...
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve Been crying about cvc all year. You would think that the more you outrank a pitcher the better you will do. WRONG. The algorithms seem to favor teams at lower levels that have maxed out players and hitting upgrades. It’s like having yelich playing rookie ball and can’t hit them. That’s not realistic and neither  are the lie scores for diamond players. I would feel better if the upped the level of the pitchers to match our team levels. Then I wouldn’t be mad when I do t crush Brandon finnegan with a rating of 43. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I have been starting to play pitchers with higher ratings and avoiding the 30-50 rated pitchers. It seems like I score better but I haven’t done the math. 
    I certainly havent share the same experiences as you. I know that my team is mostly 350 guys but I should be able to do more imo. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I just sim'd a 72 mill round in the nightcap and all the gold teams in my club that routinely put up 500+ mill rounds in regular CvC did not come close to my scores. The other high scorer in our club was also a diamond team.

Clash is weird. Seems like this is not the norm, but that's how it is in our club for some reason.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I can’t figure clash or CvC.  There is no logic.  Some guys with strong teams suck at one or the other, some with what appear to be ordinary squads absolutely murder and some like me aren’t bad or great st either but seem to score the same totals regardless of CvC or clash.  Last year my team was CvC cursed and I just could not score unless I had multiple bonus guys (ended the year 200k gold team).....this year is better.  I used to play clash only with the club believing the open slots were too exploitable......turns out it doesn’t really matter much since for the most part it seems teams are nerfed for clash and probably more importantly, if you sandbag you face teams that have no bonus players or WOH bonus players not capped.....BG Day and the weekend are flooded with bonus players which in the end is the real key to clash and CvC.  
    edited September 2019
    Base15 said:
    I have been starting to play pitchers with higher ratings and avoiding the 30-50 rated pitchers. It seems like I score better but I haven’t done the math. 
    I did have a similar experience but I wrote it off as the rng...just hard to click on a better pitcher when you have weak pitchers like that as an option...I’ll have to give that a try next week
    My scores against the higher rated pitchers suck. My scores against the lower rated pitchers don’t suck as bad. I can’t figure out either one.