Racist Username Needs Banned!

I reported him yesterday but Glu thinks it’s ok 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I came across a club a few months back that was nothing but racially charged teams. All I remember about it was the club description said no minorities, and one of the team names was Adolf Hitler (spelled ado1fh1tler or something like that). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    That's disgusting
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Feel sorry for the idiots, but don't ban them.  Everybody can be offended if they want to be.  It's easy to point a finger at schmucks like that, but where does it stop?

Some guy named whytpwr something joined last year. I simply kicked him. Nuff said. 
  • tjj81tjj81 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    This is crazy...this person should be banned altogether 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Feel sorry for the idiots, but don't ban them.  Everybody can be offended if they want to be.  It's easy to point a finger at schmucks like that, but where does it stop?

Some guy named whytpwr something joined last year. I simply kicked him. Nuff said. 
    I agree, but if I have to spell my club as "r3tirement home" because "retirement" triggers some sort of filter, then I don't want to see as$ clowns like OP posted lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I agree, but if I have to spell my club as "r3tirement home" because "retirement" triggers some sort of filter, then I don't want to see as$ clowns like OP posted lol

Really? Wow. I knew I'd have to get inventive with our club name, kill em all, but retirement was a problem????  Wow. 

On PM's, u can't write the word "yesterday" as a word. I've never figured that one out! Lol

I sure as hell don't condone stupidity, I just don't like thought police, ya know?

That being said, Glu really needs to stop banning words. If someone uses a cuss words or something someone doesn't like just block the motherf!!!!!r. 😁
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think anyone using racial slurs should be banned along with all creeps on global and the disgusting talk etc. Glu needs to clean it up my 8 year old plays this game. 
  • xkaosxxkaosx Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I don't thinking banning anyone is a smart idea. We might not agree with the name but at the end of the day we don't and can't control that. I mean we catch 10 kinds of hell posting in global. Why not have the same filters for team names. 

I honestly think it takes a pretty shit++y individual to even think and much less actually name there team that. But but as bad as it is and as shit++y as they are. They still have the right to do so. 
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    xkaosx said:
    I don't thinking banning anyone is a smart idea. We might not agree with the name but at the end of the day we don't and can't control that. I mean we catch 10 kinds of hell posting in global. Why not have the same filters for team names. 

We can’t do anything about it, but glu can. They have a right to spew whatever ignorant garbage they want to, but glu can also say that if they choose to do that, they can’t play this game. Racism is disgusting and has no place in this game or anywhere. 
    @effschmoo2  I agree. But I'm also a big believer in rights and so on and so forth. So they need to change there terms of service have that extremely cut and dry and start enforcing it. 

edited September 2019
    @xkaosx I’m all about rights but this is game and u don’t have any rights within the game...it’s a game.. and honestly I don’t think you should have any. It’s a game for all ages and for that reason should be censored monitored in a way that it suitable for all. Glu has the freedom to remove any content ban anyone as they see fit. 0 rights. Glu can and could ban you for saying boo if they wanted to. With that said I believe that’s how it should be because honestly there are just to many idiots that play this game🤷🏻‍♂️. Anyone posting racial slurs or disgust on global needs to be censored and does not deserve that kind of freedom or “rights”. 
    I agree. But until Glu does something within there game. There's nothing we can do except block him. 

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Maybe the dude really hates a guy named Nick Gurs.....enough with the thought police....the google gestapo will be worldwide soon enough....why speed it along here.
    Maybe the dude really hates a guy named Nick Gurs.....enough with the thought police....the google gestapo will be worldwide soon enough....why speed it along here.

Come on now. A disagree? The first part was obviously a bit of sarcasm to point out the truth in the second part. (Tho man, I think I'd have left that out!  Lol)
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    +1 for Dave Mustang. You get it.
    I don't condone the guy's name, what it says, what he believes, etc. I just believe he has the right to say it / use that as his name - it trumps my right to be offended. Thats all.
    For parents - I'd just suggest using it as a teaching moment for your kids.
    Point out that it is ugly, nasty, disgusting. You don't agree with it. Some people on the planet are dirtballs. But then point out what the freedom of speech is all about - and why he has the right to do it.
    Done on this topic. Thanks,.

+1 for Dave Mustang. You get it.
    I don't condone the guy's name, what it says, what he believes, etc. I just believe he has the right to say it / use that as his name - it trumps my right to be offended. Thats all.
    For parents - I'd just suggest using it as a teaching moment for your kids.
    Point out that it is ugly, nasty, disgusting. You don't agree with it. Some people on the planet are dirtballs. But then point out what the freedom of speech is all about - and why he has the right to do it.
    Done on this topic. Thanks,.

Amen brother!  I'm absolutely willing to die for the God given right of freedom of speech.  Most here are in the US. The 1st Amendment is NOT for protection of the majority. 

If we start denying other's freedoms, how long before it spreads???

I'm a Mississippi guy. I know well my state's history.  Racism is bullshit! Period. BUT, allowing others to decide what's ok to say....NO!

I'm a metal head conservative. I hate no one. 

Before anyone judges me look up my favorite Rage Against the Machine song "Killing in the Name Of".  Those who know the group knows they're extremely leftist. I've loved them almost 30 years. 

Even Nazis put their agenda into action slowly. 

Thought police have NO place in America. 😃
    You have freedom of speech in the real world but shouldn’t have and don’t have any rights in game world where children play. Done ✅ on this topic. Thanks 
    You have freedom of speech in the real world but shouldn’t have and don’t have any rights in game world where children play. Done ✅ on this topic. Thanks 
    Honestly man....how many kids play?  Not talking teens. I mean kids. 

I often see people complaining about snowflakes here.  This happens to be a quintessential snowflake issue. Do u need protection????

Dude, I'm not trying to be obtuse! 

I'm sure as hell NOT defending racism!

I'm just defending freedom of speech as the US Supreme Court itself has.

I mean no disrespect!  I'm offended by that bs too, but without freedom, where do we stand????
    I have 2 daughters. While I would hate for them to see some of the stuff written on global especially, I'd hate it more to tell others what they can and can't say. 

I often see people complaining about snowflakes here.  This happens to be a quintessential snowflake issue. Do u need protection????

I mean no disrespect!  I'm offended by that bs too, but without freedom, where do we stand????
    I have a 8 year old that plays this game his favorite players are mike trout and verlander.  I guess I’m the typical parent I read things on the game I hope my child doesn’t see. You know? We keep his chat turned off just for that reason. I think there is a place for talk like that and it shouldn’t be in a baseball game meant for all ages. Sex talk, disgusting talk, racist bs TSB is not the place for that stuff. Go somewhere else. It’s not about snowflakes, right or left it’s a baseball game ap. Private company and you have no rights. I’m all about rights in the real world 100% right leaning and definitely do not need protection in fact I have an arsenal of protection. I do feel the need to protect my child I just feel there is a place for that stuff and it’s not Tsb. No disrespect taken. 👍🏻

I have a 8 year old that plays this game his favorite players are mike trout and verlander.  I guess I’m the typical parent I read things on the game I hope my child doesn’t see. You know? We keep his chat turned off just for that reason. I think there is a place for talk like that and it shouldn’t be in a baseball game meant for all ages. Sex talk, disgusting talk, racist bs TSB is not the place for that stuff. Go somewhere else. It’s not about snowflakes, right or left it’s a baseball game ap. Private company and you have no rights. I’m all about rights in the real world 100% right leaning and definitely do not need protection in fact I have an arsenal of protection. I do feel the need to protect my child I just feel there is a place for that stuff and it’s not Tsb. No disrespect taken. 👍🏻
    Man, I was the first to "like" ur comment. 

I understand very well where ur coming from. I'm a dad too.  

IF Glu had been policing from the beginning, you and I would be in total agreement.  They haven't tho.

I feel sick defending sickos. Tho I'm not defending their ideas in any way. I'm just defending our free speech. THAT is ALL I'm doing.  Personally, I'd block that guy if I came across him. 

Having two daughters and understanding what bastards most of us guys are, I really do get your argument about your son man. I'd die for my girls without hesitation! 😃 Not blowing smoke, but I think you would die for your boy too. Man, that's how it's supposed to be!!!!

But man.... either freedom is real or it isn't. We can't pick and choose.  Freedom is allowing people to be themselves no matter how disgusting they might be. Though that only goes so far as not physically hurting others.  Yelling "fire" in a movie theater isn't freedom of speech.  People could die.  However, hurt feelings aren't enough to ban something. That's the kind of stuff that has our kids saying they need safe places.  

I mean absolutely no disrespect to those who don't agree with me, but....I would honestly give my life for you to disagree.  That's what's made the US great.

Sorry Canada!😂
    edited September 2019
    @DaveMustang yeah I gotcha brother no disrespect taken. I see ur side and 100% agree with it in a real life setting and gave you a like👍🏻.  I guess it would be like walking in a restaurant and spewing racist garbage and foul nasty language. Not the place for it right? You may have freedom of speech but the manager is definitely going to throw you out and has legal right to do so. So what I’m saying is glu can do the same thing so therefore you have no rights within the game. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not about rights since they are a private company. 
    @DaveMustang yeah I gotcha brother no disrespect taken. I see ur side and 100% agree with it in a real life setting and gave you a like👍🏻.  I guess it would be like walking in a restaurant and spewing racist garbage and foul nasty language. Not the place for it right? You may have freedom of speech but the manager is definitely going to throw you out and has legal right to do so. So what I’m saying is glu can do the same thing so therefore you have no rights within the game. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not about rights since they are a private company. 

Oh I get that. It's a private company. 😃

Anyways, like you are wanting to do, I'm done with this topic. Time to shower all the grime off from the main reason this is even a thread. 
  • graycorvidaegraycorvidae Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Freedom of speech does not give the right to spew hatred and racism. There is already too much hatred in the world. This is a game, kids play this. There is no room in games and sports for racism and hatred. Come on GLU, you are the moderator 
    Freedom of speech does not give the right to spew hatred and racism. There is already too much hatred in the world. This is a game, kids play this. There is no room in games and sports for racism and hatred. Come on GLU, you are the moderator 

Dear God why did I look at this thread again??  Lol

Dude, freedom of speech has absolutely nothing to do with what the majority prefers.  Freedom of speech is exclusively for the minority to be protected. It protects idiots and fools as long as they're not encouraging violence. Otherwise, dissent would never be allowed by those in control. THAT and only that would be a disaster. That kind of thought line protected Hitler and Stalin. 

I'm assuming you want a private entity to decide what's allowed. That's fine. Glu owns their product. 

However....

Allowing others to tell you what you can and cannot say is not. 

Ever. 

The kid argument doesn't fly. Sure kids play, but I will guarantee that it's almost exclusively adults who play on a regular basis.

What about two girls kissing on ads I see when watching videos for gold??  Being a normal guy, I love watching some girl on girl action. However, as a father, I don't find it appropriate for my daughters. 

That's where being a parent comes into play.  It's our job as parents to teach our children. 

I don't need a village to raise my kids. I decide what I teach them. Others should do that as well. We'd have a better society. 

😃
    You just had to do it didn’t you @DaveMustang 🤣.
    @graycorvidae freedom of speech does give those the right to spew whatever they want. 🇺🇸 However a privately owned business,game,forum whatever it may be it gives the owner the right to kick their asses to the curb. 😉 Imo glu needs to do a better job of just that. 
    You just had to do it didn’t you @DaveMustang 🤣.
    @graycorvidae freedom of speech does give those the right to spew whatever they want. 🇺🇸 However a privately owned business,game,forum whatever it may be it gives the owner the right to kick their asses to the curb. 😉 Imo glu needs to do a better job of just that. 

Dude, you're right on point man.  

Period. 

God... please can't everyone stop with this thread. Racism has no place in our world!   

Freedom of speech is the most important freedom in the US. There's a reason that's the First Amendment.  Our Founding Fathers knew their shit!😁. 

I may open something else entirely, but that's why the 2nd Amendment is second to everything else. Freedom of speech means nothing without protection. The 2nd isn't about hunting. It's about protection. Period. 

(I'm praying now). God please give a moderator the wisdom needed to end this thread!  
  • sworkman3sworkman3 Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    First of all , racism is ignorance, period . Take a white man and a black man , mexican or whoever . Remove their hearts , mix them up and show me which heartbgoes where..........
    Exactly.
     Second , if you are worried about what your child may hear or see on this game, take your tv out of your house along with your radio, any computers and phones that connect to the web, ohh and might as well take them out of school too, because that place is whr they gonna see and hear it all... seen it many times; shelter your kids too much and it will surely back fire. When they finally get out from under you sheltering they wilk be buck wild.. aslong as you raise your kids and the world isnt, they will be just fine.. 
    i stand for free speech even if i dont like whats been spoken.. toughen up people, our grandfathers  and great grandfathers  would be ashamed that some call them selves men..
This discussion has been closed.