Help please!!

2much2much Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Sooooo I was late to the party.. unfortunately I jus started playing in July and jus kept on winning playoffs because I thought of course your supposed to win as much as you can, not realizing this game rewards the long ball, pun intended.. now I’m trying to hold off to get my team up to par... I just pulled a 5 star Brad Hand (SR) is it worth dumping the xp into him to replace May or Robertson .. and how bad would it be to have all SR pitchers wen they barely play at all???

Comments

• 2much2much Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Would also love any input on who to keep/trade as I need all the blue xp and prime xp I can get since my team is way under strength for my platinum level 1 tier 🤦🏽‍♂️ 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Hate to break it to you but if you went platinum with that team you might be screwed. My team is probably 4 times stronger then that in gold and I’m no where near ready for platinum . 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Dang, bro. I would probably just throw the whole team away and start over.

Edit: if you're dedicated to your team, then definitely clear out all of your inactives and see how far you can take your best bats. The problem is; platinum is fairly expensive to level guys, and I have a hunch you aren't cycling woh to earn resources. I'm not too sure if you'll be able to get out of the hole at this point, but I sure wish you the best of luck. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Thanks guys... hard lesson learned.. I just barely have two months in playing the game, but damn!! Didn’t realize soon enuff how the tiers worked.. guess I’ll jus keep playing and losing wit my golden goose egg squad lol
    @retirepujols I can only seem to get thru the warmup multiple times... once I complete the classic, I can’t seem to do it again so I jus rack up points for my club n collect what I can 
    Wish I could hide the damn playoff tabs!! I just assumed I should play n reap the rewards... no way could I have know that I’d be punished for winning 😕
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    You can play the playoff games up to where you would go to the next division which has 6 levels, as long as you don’t play the platinum 6 playoffs to go to Diamond 1 everything will be more or less the same.  Focus on your hitters first, for a while regular exp players will be your best bet, save all of your prime and legend exp for the right guys.  It might be easier to start over but if you like your team some grinding will get it respectable over time.  Take advantage of double gold weekends when they come around (not terribly reliable but they do pop up from time to time.
    Thanks for all the tips.. I traded in most of inactives.. season modes just gonna suck for a WHILE... if I start over won’t I lose everything? Including gold not even spent? And my level 7 all star ticket tier? If so no thanks, not that I love the team So much, but starting from the very bottom again doesn’t sound like the easier option.. thank you @CanadaCubs @redlegs2018u @retirepujols @MoenPDC seen a couple of your names since I started in a ton of threads from my google searching, just joined the forum yesterday, appreciate you all taking time to address my noob ass mistake.. respect to u guys
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, don't start over. You can get out of it as long as you make very wise decisions with your resources. The problem is the amount of resources needed to cap guys in platinum, and you still have a lot of guys not capped in gold. Then, the issue of being platinum itself arises. It's a tough place to be without ambitions of going diamond, which brings about another world of resources needed. The good thing is, if you go diamond, you can burn through bonus games to beat the playoffs constantly (which seems to be up your alley 👍🏻). 

I see two prime bats and a legend starting for you, and only Ozuna is g10. Keep in mind it costs 168,750 pxp/lxp to go from p1-p10 without any discounts. BXP players are quite devalued at this point, but can still get it done. You may want to focus on getting some bxp bats to p10 as quickly as you can while all but ignoring your primes and legend/stacking pxp and lxp. 

It may be a long and bumpy road, but I think diamond can be a good fit for you once you get things cleaned up a bit 🙃

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree with all of these guys but maybe your RP question went unanswered. As the above members stated it is costly to level up players to platinum. That and the fact that relief pitchers don’t hold much value when playing games so I would only worry about 2 relievers. I’m in diamond and have 3 1 Star relievers in my lineup to keep the team strength down which helps to win more games
    You guys are great and very informative. Thanks a ton, hope u don’t mind if I keep firing away questions 
    Soooo another thing I did with my TSB rookie approach was started my own club cuz I knew I wouldn’t get into any decent ones.. I’ve acquired and lost a few quality guys over the 2 months, but as u can see I’ve been carrying the club for the most part thru every event!!! Any suggestions?? Thanks again in advance  
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    2much said:
    Soooo another thing I did with my TSB rookie approach was started my own club cuz I knew I wouldn’t get into any decent ones.. I’ve acquired and lost a few quality guys over the 2 months, but as u can see I’ve been carrying the club for the most part thru every event!!! Any suggestions?? Thanks again in advance  
    Way to put everyone else in your club on blast. If you are trying to show how you carry your club, you should do it after as to not show your entire club’s team names.
  • Dc3085Dc3085 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Love this
    @navyjack77 my apologies if I offended anyone, wasn’t at all trying to put anyone in blast.. most of the names on the loyalty list ain’t in the club anymore n the active guys whose names u see are actually the only ones who help out... not sure if u read any other part of this thread but I am a rookie to the game, this forum and apparently gaming forum etiquette.. def wasn’t tryna roast anyone, simply crying for as much help as I can get... my bad
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @2much I am not offended for sure, but one of your club mates could have been. I get it though. You are frustrated that you feel you put a lot more effort into the game than the rest of the guys in your club. You are not alone. There are many that do. There are only a few things you can do. If you are the leader of your club, then you can set rules and requirements to stay in the club. If they don’t follow, then you can kick them from the club. If you are not the leader, then you can find another club that has better participation. It’s all up to you. Not everyone plays this game as often as a lot of us that are here in the forum.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    2much said:
    Way to put everyone else in your club on blast. If you are trying to show how you carry your club, you should do it after as to not show your entire club’s team names.
    Yeah, I bet it's breaking CivicSponger and his 300k points' heart 🙄
    Thanks again to all who comment, I remain a humble novice...