What this game is missing

Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
I feel like this game is missing:
1) something to engage me during off hours (and sometimes during event hours)
2) something to work towards in the longer term
3) actual baseball game play as opposed to auto play. 

As I have mentioned previously, I played Madden Mobile pretty seriously the last few years. There were two week seasons were you could earn rewards for head to head game play. It was far from perfect, but did provide something to work toward with actual game play. The game is structured differently, but I’d love to see something along these lines incorporated into TSB. 

I haven’t thought all of this through, but playing head-to-head games over some time period with rewards based on win total (or something) would be fun. Nine innings takes a while, but incorporates the entire roster. Shorter games of 3 to 5 innings could get done faster, but takes relievers out of the game. 

TSB had some things in the past such as four team leagues that you could play in off times. These were, of course, exploited by nerfing your team at the onset to get into weaker leagues. Any manipulation would need to be considered. 

Any thoughts?
Prev1

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I always find the idea of some kind of monthly tournament/grand showdown to be a fun, sort of nebulous event that carries with it the weight of something really big. 

Like everyone here, I'm sure I can rattle off a bunch of pie-in-the-sky ideas. Can't be too hard without knowing any limitations the game has. But I think something on a weighted system that has users compete individually in game play mode would be fun. Set up a bunch of brackets tiered off based on the strength of their starters (no subs or RP allowed, makes people either dump their whole roster or play at or near their actual strength), then have a tournament of 3-inning games that start and end by a certain time (similar mechanisms already exist for cvc). Winner moves on, loser goes to a different bracket. Participation brings with it big rewards, but it isn't required (ask for an entry fee). 

Not interested in hashing out the particulars, but the general idea is basically an extended tournament leveraging all or most of one's entire team and actual in-game skill that all can participate in. Full of rewards because it's only once a month. 

I agree, in the end, there is no end in this game. I don't think there necessarily has to be one, but something like this would give something to compete for directly against our peers. 

My useless $0.02
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited September 2019
    PXP, LXP and a more rewarding benefit to being a diamond player than just 7500 in gold every cycle.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I can tell you what it's not missing, and that's stickers!  I must spend that 2500 gold.  Those stickers are soooo "coooool" and "LIT"!!
    Just no.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited September 2019
    What this game is lacking 

1. An proofreader (see players released under the wrong positions) which leads to 
    2. Integrity.  Players change positions without notice or compensation.  Which leads to what will soon be lacking 
    3. Customers 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    PXP, LXP and a more rewarding benefit to being a diamond player than just 7500 in gold every cycle.
    ^
    100%
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I wish the game rewarded skill more than activity. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    One thing I hate/can't resist. I actually love to manually play games. In particular, I enjoy manually playing seasonal games. However, since I'm in diamond, I feel like if Tsb is on, I should be doing bonus games/tourneys because time is gold. 

To address OP:
    1) they're constantly working on something for 'off hours.' Extra bases was supposed to be part of that, but it didn't work out as expected. I'm hopeful that we can get it back soon.

2) I'm always trying to work towards optimizing my team. Currently, I'm working on separate platoon lineups for CVC. From that aspect, I feel like there's always something for me to work towards.

3)I would also love to see manual play rewarded. As is, it's all about sims.
    What this game is lacking 

1. An proofreader (see players released under the wrong positions) which leads to 
    2. Integrity.  Players change positions without notice or compensation.  Which leads to what will soon be lacking 
    3. Customers 
    1)Inexusable imo, for it to happen on such a regular basis.
    2)My opinion is that it's their 3rd party that's responsible, but ultimately, it falls on Glu. Just unfortunate that it wasn't addressed/fixed the first, second, third, etc. time. As far as compensation, guys are getting that and then some. If you get denied by a CS agent, it's unfortunate, but you just need to make another ticket. 
    3)I don't know their numbers, but the guys who are happy rarely speak up. 
  • TCFORTWINSTCFORTWINS Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Base15 said:

As I have mentioned previously, I played Madden Mobile pretty seriously the last few years. There were two week seasons were you could earn rewards for head to head game play. It was far from perfect, but did provide something to work toward with actual game play. The game is structured differently, but I’d love to see something along these lines incorporated into TSB. 

I haven’t thought all of this through, but playing head-to-head games over some time period with rewards based on win total (or something) would be fun. Nine innings takes a while, but incorporates the entire roster. Shorter games of 3 to 5 innings could get done faster, but takes relievers out of the game. 

TSB had some things in the past such as four team leagues that you could play in off times. These were, of course, exploited by nerfing your team at the onset to get into weaker leagues. Any manipulation would need to be considered. 

Any thoughts?
    I agree with #1. It would be nice to have more game options after an event.
    I would also like to see s ok me sort of award/bonus for no-hitters and grand slams.
    "s ok S/B "some".
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    A TSB17 mode. If the game had a 17 mode I'd be inclined to play again. Just saying!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
     I like tweaking and optimizing my roster too.  

Ability to use your bench when setting lineup for LHP, RHP.

A better AI for pitching subs and subbing pitchers mid inning.  I hung 41 ER in 4IP on Strasburg one game.  I'm sure everyone has similar stories.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Me - Its missing me...at least on the forums

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• crazyindapegcrazyindapeg Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Base15 said:

Any thoughts?

Me - Its missing me...at least on the forums

Base15 said:

Any thoughts?
    TSB offers bonus points for RBI's and hits. What 
    TSB offers bonus points for RBI's and hits, how about bonus points for stolen bases? Could make for some interesting games.
    TSB offers bonus points for RBI's and hits, how about bonus points for stolen bases? Could make for some interesting games.
    They did that last year. From what I heard, feedback wasn't good. Lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I get why they would not do this, but it would be cool if they offered a version of WOH that was always available.  The difficulty level could be like Classic, and the reward could be small so cycling a bazillion times would not be a problem (i.e., make the prize 1000 blue xp, or $50,000 cash, similar to the achievements).  Or the reward could be better, but there would be a gold entry fee (100 gold to play, etc.)  Or they could give you "tickets" to play WOH, like a bonus game, and just limit the number of tickets you get per week. 

I'd do it periodically, even for a small reward.  Sometimes when Wednesday ends, there's a small part of me that wishes I could fast-forward to Monday to play WOH again.  It's sad, pathetic part of me, I admit. 

• CrumbsCrumbs Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    xracman said:

A better AI for pitching subs and subbing pitchers mid inning.  I hung 41 ER in 4IP on Strasburg one game.  I'm sure everyone has similar stories.
    I have been waiting for TSB to allow us to use our bench when creating a lineup. That is huge, yet, not implemented 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I remember that. I feel like it was only one day though. I remember turning my SB gameplan up to the max and the bonus guy was getting 3 steals per game. I thought I had something figured out, only to have it never happen again.
    DFBB said:
    Weird. It must not have been for long. I play daily and never saw it lol. 
  • SingaSinga Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Base15 said:

Any thoughts?

• SingaSinga Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    How about a home runs hitting the score board and fireworks? And giving team mates high five.
  • CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Extra bases was definitely on the right track and I think has a lot of potential.  It ran for 12 hours so there was plenty of game play. I especially liked the 1000 person tournament variety of that.  I would have preferred that it ran during daytime overs instead of overnight, however.

What do you think about the idea of a twice weekly EB event.  On Tuesdays it could run from 9 am PST to 9 pm in a 1000 person tournament format, on Thursdays, same thing, but a club event.  It’s a skill based event that awarded more frequent play.  Paying players have an edge, so GLU should like that as well.  Everyone wins, right?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @pujols I’ve that about that idea frequently. I would love to see the big dogs in a tournament with no auto play. When i started playing in 14 or 15 I barely knew what auto play was. It was nothing to have 30-40 games going against other teams and manually play them all. That was also a good way to get the in game chat going with other players. Also, I think that there is too much downtime between events. The biggest reason that I went diamond is so that I could play bgs in between events. 
    Metsicans said:

I get why they would not do this, but it would be cool if they offered a version of WOH that was always available.  The difficulty level could be like Classic, and the reward could be small so cycling a bazillion times would not be a problem (i.e., make the prize 1000 blue xp, or $50,000 cash, similar to the achievements).  Or the reward could be better, but there would be a gold entry fee (100 gold to play, etc.)  Or they could give you "tickets" to play WOH, like a bonus game, and just limit the number of tickets you get per week. 

I'd do it periodically, even for a small reward.  Sometimes when Wednesday ends, there's a small part of me that wishes I could fast-forward to Monday to play WOH again.  It's sad, pathetic part of me, I admit. 

I love this idea!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Crumbs said:
    xracman said:

I have been waiting for TSB to allow us to use our bench when creating a lineup. That is huge, yet, not implemented 
    Waiting on this forever....makes sense for both sides in that we can have more fun tinkering and glu will benefit as we have to expand our active rosters to compete.  
    I think they should set up a brokerage where we could trade bxp for pxp and lxp.  They could vary the exchange rates with promotions and charge good for commissions.  Maybe through the franchise coins into the mix to give them some kind of value.
    What are "after hour events"?  

I see bg, HR derby available 24x7 to keep people engaged
    Ok. I'll try again. What would be considered an after hours event?   

I'm not looking for "an event that happens after hours.". 

I'm just trying to understand what you guys are complaining  about.  I get that the bugs need to be fixed and stuff like the camera pan and "no video available" are annoying but they might have a little bit to do with your network connections in addition to the app itself.  I doubt there are many mobile apps that run any better than this one does.

I've only been playing since June and I'm grinding away with a long term goal to get as highly rated a team as I can.  I'm having fun.and this is the first and only game I have ever spent a nickel on.  I guess if and when I get to the point where I know the game well enough to max out my team by end of July and am stuck playing the same events over and over again for different iterations of the same prizes, I'll understand how you guys feel.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    After hours I am assuming means midnight est or 9pm pst. The no vid available is something that i think just happens, but the panning has been an issue since 2018 and its not due to connection. I've had this happen 1-2 per CvC per and it didn't matter if i was on cell service or WiFi. Play the game a bit more and you will most certainly feel our frustration