Questions About The Game

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Hello everyone. I was introduced to this crack about two months ago and now I'm hooked.  I have looked everywhere for a thorough game overview and cannot find it. I asked customer support for help and was linked to this board.  I guess that is their way of telling me to figure it out or ask someone. So, here goes.  If there is a link that answers these questions, please provide it.

Thanks in advance!

1. Does the game run only during MLB season, or does it offer things like Who, CvC, etc, all year around?

2. When the game is upgraded to 2020, I see through the boards that we can take three keepers. That will be great since I have been very fortunate to get a few legends.  Do other items like XP transfer, and more importantly, gold?  If I stash a ton of gold, I certainly don't want to have to spend it before 2019 "end" (if that is the case).

3. Is it possible to trade or auction off players during the season or at the end of the season?

4. Why is it impossible to hit a damn curve in Who?  Why is WoH the only game on the app that calls every pitch a strike? Ok, maybe no one can answer that, but damn. It would be nice if we at least had the illusion of fairness on those pitches in WoH. Maybe allow contact with the hitter being out 90% of the time.  Or actually calling a ball a ball....anyway.

First three questions are the most "important" to me at this time.  I'll have more later.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2019
    1)The game will run and be updated until the new version is released. After that, updates will be very rare if at all.

2)This is the first time we've been able to carry keepers from the previous version. It's assumed that we'll have a similar option for next season, but I haven't seen a statement. Also, no resources are carried over.

3)Currently, no trading is available.

4)Each AB is scripted to be an 'out' or 'hittable.' Curves that go across the middle of the plate can generally be hit. Pitches on either side of the corners are almost always unhittable unless there is a significant gap between the batter and the pitcher(capped legend vs round 1 guy) and even then, it's usually an out. If you're not getting enough fastballs/pitches in the middle of the plate, it just means that your batter needs to be better.

Also, welcome the boards! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Thank you very much!! That is very helpful. That sucks about the resources, especially gold. I can understand the XP not carrying over...

The WoH explanation is wonderful. I will make the adjustments needed.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Keep checking the forums for advice and keep asking questions. There are plenty of players on here that can and will help. Reading others experiences will help you figure out woh.  

• WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts

Hello everyone. I was introduced to this crack about two months ago and now I'm hooked.  I have looked everywhere for a thorough game overview and cannot find it. I asked customer support for help and was linked to this board.  I guess that is their way of telling me to figure it out or ask someone. So, here goes.  If there is a link that answers these questions, please provide it.

Thanks in advance!

1. Does the game run only during MLB season, or does it offer things like Who, CvC, etc, all year around?

2. When the game is upgraded to 2020, I see through the boards that we can take three keepers. That will be great since I have been very fortunate to get a few legends.  Do other items like XP transfer, and more importantly, gold?  If I stash a ton of gold, I certainly don't want to have to spend it before 2019 "end" (if that is the case).

3. Is it possible to trade or auction off players during the season or at the end of the season?

4. Why is it impossible to hit a damn curve in Who?  Why is WoH the only game on the app that calls every pitch a strike? Ok, maybe no one can answer that, but damn. It would be nice if we at least had the illusion of fairness on those pitches in WoH. Maybe allow contact with the hitter being out 90% of the time.  Or actually calling a ball a ball....anyway.

First three questions are the most "important" to me at this time.  I'll have more later.

Great questions all around!
    DFBB said:
    1)The game will run and be updated until the new version is released. After that, updates will be very rare if at all.

2)This is the first time we've been able to carry keepers from the previous version. It's assumed that we'll have a similar option for next season, but I haven't seen a statement. Also, no resources are carried over.

3)Currently, no trading is available.

4)Each AB is scripted to be an 'out' or 'hittable.' Curves that go across the middle of the plate can generally be hit. Pitches on either side of the corners are almost always unhittable unless there is a significant gap between the batter and the pitcher(capped legend vs round 1 guy) and even then, it's usually an out. If you're not getting enough fastballs/pitches in the middle of the plate, it just means that your batter needs to be better.

Also, welcome the boards! 

Dude, glu should make a legend based off of you. Your responses are always so helpful. I’d spend gold on it!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @drsmartassphd: This is my advice... not necessarily responses to the questions you laid out. 

Decide what matters to you. Do you want to be killing it at Walk Off Hero on a weekly basis or are you more interested in winning prime/bonus games. (bonus points for your club is an interesting decision to ponder as well. I have been in clubs with a lot of dudes and have currently gone to a club with just my two squads. Being in a full club early can help you build your squad while being in a solo club allows you to grind at your own pace. (i.e. if there is not a player in a box that I TRULY want/need for my roster I will resist buying boxes)

I will tell you... being in this forum is the best resource you can ask for. There are some dang good dudes in here that will help you get over the hump. For me that hump was FINALLY beating Walk Off Hero on the Hall of Fame level. 

Welcome to the glu madness and feel free to reach out to me in game if you would like.    

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Dude, glu should make a legend based off of you. Your responses are always so helpful. I’d spend gold on it!
    They are.... 
    Except they won't make it available to everyone else, just @DFBB.

Imagine how much $$ they could make if they did, though...
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    FWIW, most of the OGs in the game took keepers they won in the last weekend before the new version dropped (except for the ATGs).....best keeper options, assuming next year will feature that as an option, are yet to come.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Regarding question 2 i will add this: assuming we will have keepers for next year, don’t worry about the few legends you mentioned that you already have now. By the time you are ready to move to next year’s version, you will probably have way better players (legend or prime or regular) that are 50-100 points higher than anything you have now. 
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but the keepers that you take start at bronze 1 and cost 5 times the normal value to upgrade. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but the keepers that you take start at bronze 1 and cost 5 times the normal value to upgrade. 
    ......and worth every penny!
    Totally agree. I just didn’t want him to think that their level carried over to next year
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    2003cobra said:
    ......and worth every penny!
    You bet!!
    All the info here is much appreciate gents. I've been tearing it up in CvC and prime games. I also have no problems send Glu a few bucks here and there as I spend a lot of time playing the game. Great entertainment value, IMO.  I'll keep checking back here.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @drsmartassphd also note that once 20 is released the 19 version will eventually disappear from the stores for future downloads so if you plan to still play it or have it for nostalgic reasons (I still have 17 & 18 that I never play but...) make sure you do not delete 19.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Ok good to know!!

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

Hello everyone. I was introduced to this crack about two months ago and now I'm hooked.

Good analogy of this game with one exception...when crack ruins your life, your family and friends know and understand what happened and why...when this game ruins your life, they are left completely baffled as to what in the hell caused your demise.
    My family will know. I force my kids to get gold for me when they are sitting at home doing nothing. My youngest had her tonsils removed about a month ago and recovery was several days.  While she was doped up, I convinced her to get me gold. Happened to be double weekend. She loaded me up, so I paid her. LOL

• ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Dang... You are hooked for sure!!!..very soon you going have your wife or love one farm gold while you sleeping... Happened to me and I can tell you're on the same path of destruction...  :smiley:
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

Crash and burn baby