My VIP Council Legend!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited September 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Once again, members of the VIP council got an amazing gift from Glu. We actually got many awesome gifts, but this was THE gift. I'm both extremely grateful and honored to be among the lucky few who get to sport their own created legends! 
Once I got word of the arrival date, I was a little more than a tad excited. And anxious. I kept refreshing and refreshing. Each time, I'd go straight to my inactives list, which was sitting at 72/75. Early this morning, I happen to notice that it read 73/75. OMG, it's here!!! I kept scrolling and scrolling and ugh. I was soon reminded that I had just pulled Kris Davis just minutes prior from a CvC match. False alarms can be cruel.  :/
I felt like 2-3 days passed, but apparently, it was about an hour. Or so the clock claims. Anyways, I decided maybe it was a good time to take a shower. You know, change it up. A few minutes pass and before I could dry up, I grab my phone to check my messages. 'He's adding them right now.' WhaaaT! I quickly turn TSB on. Fortunately, being on android, I was able to get fully dressed before it finished loading.  ;) Anyways, I go straight to my inactives again. 74/75. Oh boy, here we goooooooo! I'm scrolling and scrolling and almost at the very end or maybe it was the end. I actually don't remember. Either way, it was a lot of scrolling and BOOM! Hallelujah! Capped in all it's glory. Yes, capped! At d10, it read, 'Nikko Raiyu.' 535 hit/491 power? Man, that's way better than Scioscia! After that, it was a blur. I'm pretty sure multiple screenshots were taken and shared across many chats. I also remember restarting my app to make sure it was real. In hindsight, that made no sense. lol I also remember friends and club mates took turns congratulating me. I was one happy camper!
GLU did us a monster by capping our legends to our tier. Last year, I believe the council members had to level their legends on their own. Or at least, partly. Either way, with the lxp squeeze as is, many of us in higher tiers would've been SOL w/o help. And help they did! They left the skills at zero, but as you can see, mine didn't stay at zero for very long. Also, as agreed upon with my club mates, I'm no longer allowed to say that WoH is too easy.  :#
A bit of background on my legend. Nikko is my 12 year old son and Raiyu is my 1 year old son. Hence the name, Nikko Raiyu. I chose a switch hitting SS with double late innings so I won't ever have to worry about chasing a WoH finisher. 
@snowy24 If you can share your legend, that would be great. I already peeked at your profile, but maybe you have a story to add. @Dpow14 , thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help and insight you've provided. In particular, thank you so much for being so considerate. You're awesome sauce! Also, if you can share your legend, I'm sure others would love to see him too.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @DFBB congrats. You deserve it. Awesome member who always helps on this forum. Thanks for letting this mortal see in shock and awe what a batting average of that magnitude looks like
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    That is AWESOME!!  Congrats
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Very cool 😎 congrats! 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Not gonna lie, that's pretty awesome!  Congrats, you definitely deserve it.
    Just no.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Did you ever waver on which skills to pick, I’d be torn between blowout and late innings...and I guess this means ATG’s are here
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    My question is ,did he start in bronze and you have to use resources to max him out?
    No they dropped him maxed out except his skills
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @dfbb You got one awesome legend there.  It looks like his base stats would be hit -146   power-134  and speed - 56  Did they tell you if he would improve as the overall max goes up?
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Congrats @DFBB nice choice on the stacked late innings! 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I think you just broke WOH dude.  Congrats!  Only vintage Diaz from TSB18 could stand a chance of defeating Nikko Raiyu!
  • CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Did you ever waver on which skills to pick, I’d be torn between blowout and late innings...and I guess this means ATG’s are here
    This is an interesting question-  what are options did you consider for skills?  Also, did you consider any position other than SS?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Congratulations.....that is really awesome, I would love to have a mini me in my squad, or anybody for that matter given to me capped with that skill set.  Have to admit I’m jealous and the feeling is not far away from hearing about how a millionaire athlete just made a shoe deal for a couple million more......   LOL
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Congrats @DFBB that’s an awesome achievement and you deserve it. 
    As a side note: where the heck were u reading the number of players in your team (73/75 etc) ??
    Am I missing something? I’ve always wanted to have that for my always full roster. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Congrats buddy 🤘. Super jealous and especially so as I could have had two of them now had I gone both years 😒. Did receive another care package yesterday though for the VIP council which was super nice of them. Gonna have to give them props still and I was actually needing to get a new backpack for my poker travels 😁

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Can you post the rest of his stats @DFBB?  I'm reverse- engineering a 2.200+ OPS and my head is exploding. Basically he doesn't walk, only makes contact and it's unusual when he only gets 1 base. What's his WAR after two seasons' worth of games? Like 90??
  • Dpow14Dpow14 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Thanks for the shoutout @DFBB I’m glad I was able to give the great news of our players being added. Guess Christmas came early for us lol! 
    That coffee cup would become my woh good juju superstition...would definitely have to start my mondays with it...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    That coffee cup would become my woh good juju superstition...would definitely have to start my mondays with it...
    It's ceramic. Would be shattered the 1st time you throw it at a wall on 6.10 😉
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    whammo911 said:
    It's ceramic. Would be shattered the 1st time you throw it at a wall on 6.10 😉
    :D  agree
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Is that your team name, @Houmy? If it is, do me a favor and flash your VIP status and ask if they can make a character length exception for the name I want to use..."We'llCyatmorrwNite" 😉
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @DFBB
    Was SS your weakest position or was there more depth to your strategy in position selection?  I know for me, I would have gone with either 1B because I only have a 390 Prime there still or OF because I don’t have Niko Goodrum, lol!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @whammo911 I actually considered double blowouts and even double vs rhp, but at the end of the day, I didn't want to have to worry about chasing a WoH finisher. Yes, the cat's out of the bag, but ATG's should arrive soon!

@Boston0714 He was already d10 when I got him!

@ReadingFightingPhils It was somewhat vague, but it's my understanding that he has 'ATG' properties, which means that he will continue to evolve.

@CalNate I knew that ATGs were on their way and last year, I believe all of them were outfielders. It was either SS, 1B, or 2B for me. I chose SS because it was a weak position last year. 

@tocopan18 If you go down to 'batters' and scroll down to your inactives, it will list how many roster spots you have. For example, it currently reads '73/75' for me. That means that I have a total of 75 roster spots and 73 of them are being used. I can acquire 2 more players before guys will get automatically traded in.

@Cooz19 I'm at 574 games played and his WAR is currently at 234.7. The rest of his stats are now: .691 avg, 1.489 slg, 2.205 ops, 403 BB, 735 homers and all that with 4137 ABs.

@More2Most2First Prior to Rizzuto, it was my weakest spot. However, it was more about thinking down the road and remember that I finished '18 with SS as my weakest position.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! First thing I did when I woke up today? Fired up TSB and yup, Nikko is still there. :)

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    @DFBB congrats on this.  As a newbie player,  amazed to see that the developer is sending high end players boxes of actual personalized stuff.  Kind of like Vegas and the high roller suites.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Congrats.. The automatic to D10 is the best part of it. Did you have to level up the skills?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @DFBB
    Thanks for the response and my apologies for double asking a question...I missed where @CalNate had already asked 😬
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @whammo911 I actually considered double blowouts and even double vs rhp, but at the end of the day, I didn't want to have to worry about chasing a WoH finisher. Yes, the cat's out of the bag, but ATG's should soon!

How much were the ATG boxes last year? And will they have their own evolves again this year? 
    JTTeams said:
    DFBB said:
    @whammo911 I actually considered double blowouts and even double vs rhp, but at the end of the day, I didn't want to have to worry about chasing a WoH finisher. Yes, the cat's out of the bag, but ATG's should soon!

How much were the ATG boxes last year? And will they have their own evolves again this year? 
    Last year, ATG boxes were 3k a pop with 2.5% odds for the regular box and 1k a pop with .5% odd for the 'baby' box version. I have no idea how they will be this year. I think the bigger issue will be the lxp required to level them. We'll see how things play out though. I can't really say much about the evo at this point.
    DFBB said:
    @tocopan18 If you go down to 'batters' and scroll down to your inactives, it will list how many roster spots you have. For example, it currently reads '73/75' for me. That means that I have a total of 75 roster spots and 73 of them are being used. I can acquire 2 more players before guys will get automatically traded in.
    Wow, I don't know if that was added recently or I just had never seen it. Man, I always has barely any spots open and some times new players not even make the roster (or replace old ones). I wish I had noticed this before.
    Thanks
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

@dustyhunks As soon as I heard about our players being capped, I told Owen and he went from gold to diamond overnight. That dude was determined!