No Boxes This Weekend, Just "Specials" to Buy Players?!?!

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So no double gold, and now no boxes? My inbox directs me to the "specials", where it is $15 or more for a player.

I certainly hope this isn't the "weekend special". Geez

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Still an hour before the event starts. I'm halfway expecting something big 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Oh there will be boxes I’m sure, can’t have a whole weekend go by where they don’t put out 25 bonus players and like 2 or 3 of them might be useful.
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @redlegs2018u agreed There will be boxes, lots of boxes maybe even a bonus retro discounted box from 3 months ago.....and yet we still play.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    A couple of good players in the boxes love Bryce Harper's 430 with only 43 speed. Reese McGuire and Mancini look good in the other box, but I don't put pennants in either of those teams.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    27 bonus players......
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    A couple of good players in the boxes love Bryce Harper's 430 with only 43 speed. Reese McGuire and Mancini look good in the other box, but I don't put pennants in either of those teams.
    I like that Bryce a lot too. For those that missed out on Scioscia, Reece is pretty darn good. In fact, he's currently the best prime player vs rhp for WoH. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    If only Santander were a 420 or 430, he’d be 🔥...I still won’t complain if I pull him though, I’ve had terrible luck with outfielders and specifically their skills so far 🤷‍♂️
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Whats with all the right hand batters? Only one left and switch hitters in each box
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Bryce has yet to reflect as a bonus player and I agree, he is the most desirable chase. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Hopefully there will be fan rewards soon too.  I admit I'm still bummed about no double gold. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Bryce has yet to reflect as a bonus player and I agree, he is the most desirable chase. 
    2.5% box with no pity timer to help on primes(resets after any player is pulled). :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    FR is Goldy & Sabo in about 35 minutes
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Sweet

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If only Santander were a 420 or 430, he’d be 🔥...I still won’t complain if I pull him though, I’ve had terrible luck with outfielders and specifically their skills so far 🤷‍♂️
    He’s a little better than Goodrum (switch hitter with double late inning skills) who is still a pretty useful WOH player. 
  • chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    Just pulled Reese McGuire. Don’t see his skills though.😀
    JCAM80 said:
    Do we know he is even in the box for sure? I am debating which boxes to go for.  If he is not in it, or even if he is not a bonus player, i'll skip the box. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Base15
    The pity timer was kind to me 😁

So.... are there multiple players in FR after Tier6? Goldy & Sabo are unaccounted for. And still no Harper in the pile of 27 bonus guys...
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I like that Bryce a lot too. For those that missed out on Scioscia, Reece is pretty darn good. In fact, he's currently the best prime player vs rhp for WoH. 
    Yeah, either Reece or Asdrubal from Monday's box (430 overall, double RHP skill, and a switcher so he's not useless against lefties either).  The proliferation of lefty bats lately makes me think that 5.10 and 6.10 are going to be LHP soon.   
  • Dc3085Dc3085 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    No extra points this weekends unless you spend 20$.....nice move Glu
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I wanted that McGuire, but this was a nice consolation prize.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    😬
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    No dbl gold, but dbl the odds on Legends!
    First box...

Has anyone gotten McGuire or Harper?
    @Base15
    The pity timer was kind to me 😁
    Nice!  Congrats. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Has anyone gotten McGuire or Harper?
    I bought 5 boxes to get the Tier 4 FR, and pulled McGuire on one of those 3 free FR boxes:

• likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    13 boxes between the two all XP mostly BXP
    GLU sucks 
    edited September 2019
    You should consider changing your avatar to a dark cloud.  
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Where’s Sabo?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Gonna go buy lotto tix later!
    FR box...