Rp question

17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
I have a good setup man and great closer how important are the long rp1 and rp2 will it hurt me to just put a basic guy in those positions other than dropping my team strength? Thanks in advance guys these forums are awesome

Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Depends a lot on how good your starters are. If they are great then these guys will never pitch. 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts

Yeah I'm gold poor lol I could use the xp if I could trade in Rodgers Jansen and Diaz but I don't wanna skrew myself
    I'm also trying to beat season finals in gold ( in not going any higher) and I red that when the playoffs start to put scrubs as relievers so I'm thinking win win
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    These are my relievers at diamond level. Not worth the xo as far as I’m concerned. Keeping your Ts low by having low subs and relievers should help u win more
    That helps alot cobra thank you
    No problem. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Three spots that most affect team strength in order are CL, SU and RP1.  Other two slots are interchangeable at the bottom.  Take 5 min and try different combinations and check team strength each time to see this.  I think RPs are essential and always have a maxed pen of the best I can afford as soon as I am able.  I believe that having a maxed team helps with RNG for tournament bonus prime clash abd CvC modes. For season mode I think it’s the most important of all.  Many get by with dogpoo in their bullpens and brag about it.....sure you can get by but from someone who has played withand understrength  CS a maxed pen, I swear that it affects positively on all modes and while it is the last area I focus on when leveling my squad, I do focus on it.  
    I appreciate your input bigv I'm gonna give that a try and just keep grinding my next goal is to take the season finals at gold. Probably seems small to most but big deal to me personally lol
    update y'all's help was invaluable. Appreciate it.

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Which strategy did you choose?  Stacked pen or bare bones?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I have a good setup man and great closer how important are the long rp1 and rp2 will it hurt me to just put a basic guy in those positions other than dropping my team strength? Thanks in advance guys these forums are awesome
    The short answer is, if you care about Team Strength then they are important.  If you don't then it doesn't matter at all.  Especially if you have a solid rotation.
    this was my staff (minus Zach just got him)
    hope this helps someone struggling with gold season playoffs! Also don't know if it mattered but also had scrubs as my subs
    That’s what I do at diamond level. It certainly helps