Mission Diamond complete , thank you glu forums

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion
so I just finished off capping all of my cash upgrades and I feel that my prep work to go platinum should be started . I’ll post my team afterwards but I have three capped legends ( last week was the first week I cycle capped a legend and Mookie is my new binky )  essentially my goal is to take the next step but not have a big step backwards . I’d like to be able to cycle cap legends in platinum every Monday and that is what I am going to save so I can do it. I also cycle cap both players on Wednesday or at least try to do it . 

I get great club rewards every week ( at least 5 days a week of top 2 finishes and top two every weekend ) , i buy field pass every Monday and every other weekend and hit the 75 mill milestone. Trying to give you guys an idea about my weekly resource intake . 

What im looking for are thoughts on how far off am I on my step to platinum , how much pxp/lxp/bxp I should save , Best day of the week to make the jump ( I’m thinking Monday )and  what direction I should take first and goals when it comes to leveling my players . How many of what type of players I should have maxed out right away so I can still cycle woh ( woh is by far my favorite thing in the game . I cycle for 12 hours every mon/ wed ) if I can’t even cycle classic after the jump i just won’t go to plat. 

Im pretty sure I have every position covered for bxp players . 

The main goal I have is to eventually make woh easier then it is now and get a better multiplier for my club points . I am in s reset club that I love and want to contribute as much as possible. Ok here is my team/ resources 
Prev13456

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Here
    Here
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Noooooo don’t do it 😱
    Evo?
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I hope you're ready to either trade in half of your roster and or spend a bleep ton more money on resources.
    If your plan is to stop at platinum and not go to diamond, you're better off just staying at gold. How much xp do you have saved up? Still drinking a lot? 
    Stuff I have saved is posted. Not planning on doing it until I have a enough saved where It will be an upgrade to my team. So it isn’t any time soon, trying to set some sort of goal for myself
    Well @LudwigMonster, I had 9 shipyard pumpkins last night and 4 of them had nips of vanilla vodka on them, is that a lot , lol
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I wouldn’t do it if I was you unless you want to go straight to diamond.  I’m sitting in platinum now and Everything is so costly to upgrade. Unless you have the time to cycle WOH a lot to save resources and willing to spend money, it’s not worth it. Gold is where it’s at. @MoenPDC
     the goal would be to go to diamond. Its something I want to do and I am in no rush. I just want to do it and do it right. I like setting goals. If it takes me 5 weeks to do it, I am ok with that. Just need an idea of what I need to make it as pimpin as possible.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    You don't have nearly enough XP, $$$ or EVO to go Platinum. I'd stay put for now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I know I am waaaay off right now @Houmy . I just want to know how much I should shoot for to have saved because I have no clue and don’t want to screw it up. I plan on saving for at least three weeks I think . Just want some goals to shoot for on xp saved etc
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2019
    You're going about things the right way. You have a very nice team. I'd stop leveling new primes/legends. Cycle hof for the lxp or classic for bxp. If it were me, I'd target the weekend after the new potm pops and get FP. Fwiw, if you don't have a lot of time on Mondays, I'd strongly reconsider jumping to diamond.

Actually, I'd just focus on raking up bxp via classic WoH. It's not going to help your club much, but it's the easiest path to diamond.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Thanks @dfbb

I have TONS of time on Mondays, and pretty much every day. My job I can play most of the day and I take a lot of Mondays off. How much better are maxed out bxp players the next tier for things like WOH. Id like to cap one legend , two primes and a couple of bxp players.Is that enough? Guess there is a chart floating around somewhere for that. I know at higher levels basically you just cycle cap ( I am addicted to WOH , I can play 12 hours straight and sometimes forget to eat ) My goal is to try and cycle cap new players on Monday / Wednesday and not upgrade my entire team because it would be impossible and/or take forever.

What I need is to figure out with my team, what is the minimum I would need to cycle WOH in platinum, more specifically with my team.  Like how many capped legend/prime/bxp etc.  Mookie and Scioscia are BEASTS. All of my legends are 12/12 in their secondaries right now. My primes are 8/8 as are my bxp players

For upgrades on my bats , Lux was my second to last one. Id like to get a ne 1b to replace votto, but its really not al that important

I also think you are right. Waiting until next POM gives me 3-4 weeks to stockpile and save resources.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It may not be music to your ears, but if it were me, I'd forget about the current primes/legends you have. By that, I mean, I wouldn't pour any more resources into them. Instead, I'd just stockpile bxp and save whatever lxp/pxp comes your way. Lately, the potm boxes have been very good. They're essentially 'rental legends.' You can then use them to cycle cap a legend via HoF. If you get FP, it costs 220k lxp to get to d1. Again, classic WoH is your best friend. It's an amazing source of blue cash, which you will need for team and player upgrades. You will also need to level at last one pitcher(potm would be most ideal, see a pattern here?? lol). You also need to evo hunt too, but that shouldn't be difficult. If you're a VIP, next month's gifts should really help you too. 
    Going back to your question, I don't advise spending time in Platinum. In order to cycle Plat at a somewhat efficient level, you will need to invest in your current team which will take away resources from your diamond preparation. It's just my opinion, but I'd focus on classic cycles for bxp and just hoard until you're ready to make the jump. Then, go straight from gold to diamond on a Weds/Thurs.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

huh.

Ya....I just pulled Joe carter. Like I want to go Diamond eventually but I am having waaaaay to much fun with this soon to be all legend team.

Why does Glu have to make this so diofficult once you get above gold for resources.

Is cycle capping diamond fun, like .......would it be better to stay gold and just build an all legend team?

@DFBB so this last Monday I cycled hof 7 times and classic like 6 times to just get Frazier capped and some cash in between live boosts . 

On on Wednesday I cycled 13 times with just one live boost ( on mondays I’ll do 2-3 live boosts to maximize ) 

since then my my team has gotten better and continues too. How much easier is woh in platinum and diamond ? 

After justpulling the sexiness of joe carter , and you explanation.... I really am torn . 

The 7509 gold cycle is also huge , I’m spending too much money . How long does it take to cycle d6. Time is not an issue with me 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Here's a crappy spreadsheet I used when I went plat (8/8) and eventually diamond (Labor Day weekend).

I ditched all but 1 prime when I went plat which I capped. I capped every other bxp bat and 3 pitchers eventually by the second week. I brought every one else except keeper ace to p1. Cycle capped like mad on Monday's to add bats but never bothered with HoF but for points except to get Scioscia. I had to invest a little more heavily in the 350bxp player skills to cycle Royale but never had the resources in plat to touch another prime the whole time I was in platinum.

I eventually stopped recording this data cause goal was achieved (going diamond). As other's have suggested, don't do it unless you're going diamond. The extra bxp from cycling WoH was great but it was never a viable solution to ever stay in that tier as I would be quite hard pressed to have enough resources without spending real money to get a prime capped let alone a legend. I wouldn't say I was unsuccessful in platinum but diamond is where it's at IF you want to go beyond silver/gold. Never have to worry about gold/evo or cash if you play your games right and it's quite easy to contribute for more events. Listen to @DFBB and do it near PoTM box release.

MoenPDC said:
    @DFBB so this last Monday I cycled hof 7 times and classic like 6 times to just get Frazier capped and some cash in between live boosts . 

On on Wednesday I cycled 13 times with just one live boost ( on mondays I’ll do 2-3 live boosts to maximize ) 

since then my my team has gotten better and continues too. How much easier is woh in platinum and diamond ? 

After justpulling the sexiness of joe carter , and you explanation.... I really am torn . 

The 7509 gold cycle is also huge , I’m spending too much money . How long does it take to cycle d6. Time is not an issue with me 
    With field pass I cycled d6 twice in the last 2 days and wasn't overly aggressive about it. I am also on iOS which makes a difference.
    Fun note, cycled last time without losing

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @MoenPDC I have a diamond team that I would be more than happy to trade with you if possible. Diamond is a lot of work. 

After just capping Lux my entire team for batters is 420 plus besides 1b. I think I’m just going to save resources for the 3.5 weeks until Pom boxes come out and see where I’m at . I’m not bored yet but I think in 3.5 weeks not upgrading anything I will get bored .
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Take a calculator out;  you’ll need to save for longer than that unless you forget the team you have and start cycle capping the bxp players and getting players capped on the weekend with the 50% discount.  For me you missed the window and should just stay at gold until the WS is over and all of a sudden pxp and lxp become available (hope)....then you can drag up your team you have with you.  Otherwise you’re really going to have to take a couple steps back before going forward.   
    Ya . After getting carter and then what just happened in this cvc.... I think I may stay gold. Literally smashed faces

I did the math, it’s depressing. Think my new goal is to just cycle cap a team of legends
    edited September 2019
    The path to diamond “closed” around the first week of July.  The game was such that it supported the move from the end of May until that point. It’s hard to leave whatever level you have reached after that as investment in primes then legends made starting over as is the mathematically prudent choice still a stunning/stunting reality that is hard to swallow.  The game is such now that you need those players at every level to keep abreast of the new releases.  If you go diamond now you will fall well behind the curve and won’t be able to catch up again- doubt that you would cycle HOF for at least a month if ever again.  And the thing about platinum and diamond, it’s not just that you want to be able to cycle once, you need to be able to cycle cap otherwise that player is useless and you will fall back in the game.   

Stay gold and have fun;  I’m sure at some point pxp and lxp will become more available via gameplay channels and then as was the case at the end of last year, everyone will go diamond.  
    Though @bigvivec isn't wrong it's not all doom and gloom and can be done. You just need to plan better and just before PoTM boxes are released is the time to do it. Of course you'll have to stop spending until then and build up resource pools best you can. With FP and 30% you can cap new bxp players for 186k and primes/legends for 469k. In 2 weeks I've capped 7 bats, 2 from cycle capping Classic WoH. I've acquired all PoTM and capped Aquino and Alvarez while bringing the rest to at least plat 1 except Chapmen (b2) with Flaherty, Clevinger & Vazquez to d1. Every one will remain in my lineup if need be when they lose their boost at 380 max players as they ALL replaced 350 bxp players.

I also capped Rendon form last weekend, a 430 prime, brought Rizzo (420 prime) to d8. I slacked on capping Rizzo with the max bumps that came out the after acquiring him but Royale is not an issue with the bats I have so cycle capping another prime then is not out of the question and I can build resources like crazy on Mondays. I always have at least 20k gold, 4-5k evo and at least 50k of any xp except lxp as all that goes into Scioscia. I've also contributed to events like never before without spending resources to break the bank. I'm talking billions of points multiple days and consistent top 5 finishes in whatever club I am in if I feel like it. It's been the most stress and anxiety free game experience in any tier this year, plat being the worst by far.
    edited September 2019
    Dusty, it’s not that you can’t go to diamond at this point in the game, you just can’t go diamond and be at the front of the game at this point meaning that instead of primes and legends at this point it’s bxp guys with skill boosts, scrapping in classic for bxp and struggling.   Like I said before, to be up with the game at diamond means being able to cycle cap HOF at this point.  Currently the OP is at the front of the game, scoring big in CvC and WOH with multiple HOF cycles and reaping the benefits from that.  If he moves up he will fall behind the curve and will not be able to get back on the cutting edge side of things.  Not to belittle anyone’s experience but the window to make that diamond move and to stay at the front of the game all the while shut at the beginning of July.

Its the the difference between being good and being elite.  The OP is in the latter class at the moment.  He makes the move he won’t see it again.    

Again Dusty, it’s no knock on you.  It’s just that the guys in my club and forum members like DFBB and Jeddoggy who made the move by June we’re in the position you are now back then, but at the time there were no primes or legends to complicate things.  When the primes became available, those guys were ready for them, same with legends.  With the release of each new prime and legend their clubs grow stronger and better able to take more new primes and legends at diamond level.  If you get in behind the curve so to speak, you are forever playing catch up and really takes a lot to get on the front side of things. That’s all I’m saying.  
    Lol no offense taken @bigvivec . I was just answering the questions asked.